WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Front Porch Classics Games

Like it or not, your kids would rather watch Twilight or iCarly than play a quiet game of chess. But , as a parent, it’s totally within your power (and the best interests of your sanity) to cut the cord and blame a power outage. And when you do, you’ll need something fun to distract the little noise machines.
Front Porch Classics Games official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Wait a second... bowling zombies? I am SO IN. Who's with me?

I'm just hanging out, really.

cs3308

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cs3308

I was reading reviews on Amazon and one said that the dominoes are not standard size. Could you please tell me the dimensions of the dominoes themselves? I am looking to buy a set as a gift for my Puerto Rican father-in-law. They don't mess around.

Thanks!

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati
inkycatz wrote:Wait a second... bowling zombies? I am SO IN. Who's with me?

YES!

I love the zombie bowling pins. So cute! Do note that the pins are small (enough to fit in that container) and are just 4" tall. Apparently the detail is great on them and they hold up to use.

10 reviews on Amazon
2 reviews on Overstock

I hate to say it, but unless you're buying other items, the price is just $15.04 on Amazon so you'd pay more here including the $5 shipping. Of course, if you're buying several items then this is a good deal, and definitely cheaper than most (if not all) of the other websites :-)

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I've got skittle pool (it's vintage and looks slightly different) and it's awesome! But I've also got skittle bowl and it's a bit more fun. I went through a skittle phase just after I went through my Super Jock phase.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

clickitystix1403

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clickitystix1403
inkycatz wrote:Wait a second... bowling zombies? I am SO IN. Who's with me?

I purchased this set a few weeks back. I AM happy to see they are available again!! They are a huge, huge hit! They will be given to SEVERAL people for Christmas. I really hope you enjoy them. I would say They are even more amazing in "real life" than They seem in the Photo! The painting is so well done and their teeny size makes even My older son admit how darn cute they are. Hope they meet your expectations.

traquy

quality posts: 50 Private Messages traquy

I may have to get the skee bean toss to take camping with us. We are always trying to find stuff to keep our daughter busy during the hang around camp times.

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

Checking out the reviews over on Amazon for several Front Porch games it looks their norm is make everything smaller. The dice in the video review for shut the box are either really small or the reviewer has some really big hands.
http://www.amazon.com/Front-Porch-Classics-Circa-Shut/dp/B000NDZ0QS/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1354279134&sr=1-1
Too bad, but thanks WOOT! for the gift idea, I think I'll look at some other brands.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

enktwiss wrote:Checking out the reviews over on Amazon for several Front Porch games it looks their norm is make everything smaller. The dice in the video review for shut the box are either really small or the reviewer has some really big hands.
http://www.amazon.com/Front-Porch-Classics-Circa-Shut/dp/B000NDZ0QS/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1354279134&sr=1-1
Too bad, but thanks WOOT! for the gift idea, I think I'll look at some other brands.

There are two sizes for this game. I think the video in the reviews you are referencing is showing the smaller version.

Old School is 14" x 10.25" x 4.75"

Circa is 8" x 6" x 3"

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cs3308

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cs3308
ThunderThighs wrote:There are two sizes for this game. I think the video in the reviews you are referencing is showing the smaller version.

Old School is 14" x 10.25" x 4.75"

Circa is 8" x 6" x 3"

ThunderThighs,

Do you have a dimension for the boneyard dominoes? Are these standard size or smaller? I saw a review on Amazon that said they are smaller as if they were kiddie sized.

Thanks!

ladysoleil

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ladysoleil

That's a really nice Mexican Train set. I'm tempted, although I already own a set.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cs3308 wrote:ThunderThighs,

Do you have a dimension for the boneyard dominoes? Are these standard size or smaller? I saw a review on Amazon that said they are smaller as if they were kiddie sized.

Thanks!

Well, this was kind of like a scene out of a bad version of Goldilocks.

The vendor says they are large.

Amazon said they were tournament quality.

Jim thought they were normal size.

Brian thought they looked smaller.

Ben thought they were regular size.

Finally, a ruler was procured and the results are:

1.9 Inches Long
.9 inches wide
.25 inches thick

You be the judge.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, this was kind of like a scene out of a bad version of Goldilocks.

The vendor says they are large.

Amazon said they were tournament quality.

Jim thought they were normal size.

Brian thought they looked smaller.

Ben thought they were regular size.

Finally, a ruler was procured and the results are:

1.9 Inches Long
.9 inches wide
.25 inches thick

You be the judge.

I wish there was a +1, or something. Thanks for the laugh ;-)

drewdown725

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drewdown725

Any info on what "Front Porch Knaves of Charlemagne" is like never heard of it. Is it a game fun enough for just adults?