12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Reposting from the sale:

Back in March 2012, Alex Toys issued a voluntary recall for the 786X Little Jumpers Trampoline due to problems with the handlebar. Alex Toys immediately fixed these problems and released the updated 786 version of the trampoline we are selling today. Yes, the model numbers are very similar but we have worked closely with Alex Toys and can confirm that our toy is not subject to that recall. Here’s is a letter from Alex Toys verifying that the model we are selling is not part of the recall and that all recalled trampolines have been returned to them:

Click here to read the letter from Alex Toys.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Crab

quality posts: 47 Private Messages Crab

I bought one of these a year or so ago for the rugrat. He is 4 now, and it is one of his favorite toys.

It's held together fairly well. Took about 10-15 minutes to put together. Biggest thing was threading the bungee cord around the perimeter of the tarp. You need to make sure you space it properly (i.e., don't leave too much slack in any one area). The legs are held into their slots with factory-installed bungees, and literally pop into place.

It sags a bit, and some of the yellow plastic coating on the legs is flaking off, but overall worth the money.

The little guy hangs onto the bar, jumps up and down, and ideally tires himself out & takes a nap.

kentuckygirl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kentuckygirl

*shakes fist* We just got the one I ordered for our daughter today from Amazon. We paid almost twice the price, ours was a different one/brand.

I hope Santa also brings an updated accident insurance police for when she hops off it and bangs her head in the wall. heh

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
Crab wrote:I bought one of these a year or so ago for the rugrat. He is 4 now, and it is one of his favorite toys.

It's held together fairly well. Took about 10-15 minutes to put together. Biggest thing was threading the bungee cord around the perimeter of the tarp. You need to make sure you space it properly (i.e., don't leave too much slack in any one area). The legs are held into their slots with factory-installed bungees, and literally pop into place.

It sags a bit, and some of the yellow plastic coating on the legs is flaking off, but overall worth the money.

The little guy hangs onto the bar, jumps up and down, and ideally tires himself out & takes a nap.

So how would the size be for the average sized 6 yr old do you think? The specs say the overall height of the bar & such but I can't seem to wrap my brain around how high that would be to a kid ON the trampoline.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

gailrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gailrand

How much does this weigh? If it is manageable, I want to get one and take it to my grandchildren overseas.

lyonsge

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lyonsge
beck12 wrote:So how would the size be for the average sized 6 yr old do you think? The specs say the overall height of the bar & such but I can't seem to wrap my brain around how high that would be to a kid ON the trampoline.

I bought this for my daughter when it was on woot over the summer. This was an excellent woot, as she loves jumping on it. My daughter is about 4' 3" and I'd guess the handle comes to just above her waist.

Assembly isn't too bad; it took me about 45 minutes. It would take less time if I had paid attention to what I was doing and didn't have to unwind the bungee cable a couple of times as I assembled it. That said, it's gotten weekly use for the past 4 months and is still going strong, so it appears to be reasonably well made.

Also, my daughter hangs off the handle like a monkey and does all manner of jumps and bounces and it has never shown any instability, so it appears to be a pretty safe toy.

DrDong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrDong

Seems like a great way to get a head laceration.

Milquetoast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Milquetoast

Got this one last time it was up, and the kiddo absolutely loves it. Well worth the money for the amount of time she spends on it.

I agree with others who say the bungee cord is the most difficult part in setting it up; everything else is pretty straightforward. Takes maybe 15 minutes or so, assuming you thread the cord perfectly the first time.

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron

Which is it woot... Safe for 2 and up or a warning for small parts and 3 year olds?

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

I'm gonna get it. Hope my daughter doesn't get hurt, but she jumps on the bed a lot, anyway, and that's even higher. I do worry a little that jump to close to the edge could end badly, if she jumps on the hard pole, but hopefully she'll learn to hold onto to the bar & jump.

Milquetoast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Milquetoast
DrDong wrote:Seems like a great way to get a head laceration.

"Kids being kids" is a great way to get head lacerations, trampoline not required. They're going to jump and hurl themselves off of anything they can find, so if you can give them a dedicated place to do it and convince them it's the only appropriate place for it, that gives you more control. Our 2-year-old daughter knows that if she wants to do any jumping, she has to get on the trampoline and hold on to the handlebar with both hands. I consider it a worthy investment.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

This is a good deal for this trampoline, I've seen it for much more elsewhere. I will have to pass though. When my friend moved we were gifted her regular small indoor workout size trampoline that she got at a black friday sale for $25. It had been at her place for my kid to use, but now My 5 yr old jumps on it all.the.time here and has (knock on wood) never had a major mishap, but she's got crazy good balance and is a little older. She will run at it and launch herself accross the living room. Fun times. The younger set will love the one with the handle, a 5+ yr old I'd say go with a regular workout size, no handle.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rickbaron wrote:Which is it woot... Safe for 2 and up or a warning for small parts and 3 year olds?

The choking hazard is often for parts prior to assembly. As in, don't lay all the parts on the floor for your under 3 year old to assemble.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

n3w2m0rr0w

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n3w2m0rr0w

Got one last time around...I concur with the folks before me about spacing the bungee cord around the tarp but other than that my 2yr old loves it! That being said I couldn't imagine paying much more than $50 for it. The full retail price wouldn't be worth it.

suebeehoney70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suebeehoney70

I can confirm that double price on Amazon - I've been watching for sales on these for my grandson, who had both verbal and physical Apraxia and Sensory Processing Disorder. The Amazon price on this is $91.76, though they do have other brands/models that are less - but none priced this low.

belindawwjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belindawwjd

I really want one of these for 2 of my grandchildren... but i believe These were recalled in June. Is this the same unit?
http://www.alextoys.com/media4
😭

ThunderThighs

Staff

belindawwjd wrote:I really want one of these for 2 of my grandchildren... but i believe These were recalled in June. Is this the same unit?
http://www.alextoys.com/media4
😭

See the paragraph on the Features tab and my post above. These are not the recalled trampolines.

cutyfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutyfrog

I bought this the last time it was on woot. My 2 year old loves it and he didn't try to eat any of the parts during assembly

hotmama36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotmama36

My son used it once when he was around two and jumped over the top. He landed right on his head. It was the last time he ever used this. Very scary.

angiob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiob

What is the shipping dimensions?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Alex Toys Little Jumper Trampoline-786

PRICES COMPARED

On WOOT Today = $49.99 + $5 shipping
**Woots price today beats nearest competitor (Amazon) by $36.77**

diapers.com = $98.96 + ships free
http://www.diapers.com/p/lets-play-little-jumper-trampoline-511925?site=CA&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=AX-489&utm_campaign=Google&CAWELAID=1406059447&utm_content=pla&cagpspn=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

Fun Toy Mall = $107.99 + $13.95 shipping
http://www.funtoymall.com/alx1446.html?mr:trackingCode=D48B23C9-F9BB-E111-A0DB-001B21BCC0BC&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&gclid=CMyg4O7m8bMCFQGvnQodZXsAdw

ebay = $117.45 + ships free
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alex-Little-Jumpers-Trampoline-/271109558459#vi-content

Amazon = $91.76 + ships free
http://www.amazon.com/Alex-Toys-786-Jumpers-Trampoline/dp/B0081K7H8E

NOTE:
The above dealers and prices were found using a random 'Google' search and is a 'good faith' effort to find and compare average prices for comparisons on the web. Your own specific search may find differing and/or lower prices.

dpt1st

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpt1st

I think it's too small for a 6 year-old.

beck12 wrote:So how would the size be for the average sized 6 yr old do you think? The specs say the overall height of the bar & such but I can't seem to wrap my brain around how high that would be to a kid ON the trampoline.

Tara Parsons

tracikane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracikane

So how does a trampoline compare with those bouncy balls with handles kids can sit on? I've also got a 3 year old with sensory issues and just don't know how to find space for a trampoline too but that's an awesome deal.

sunnysc80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnysc80

This jumper was reclalled in July and it says its illegal to sell this? http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12226.html

ThunderThighs

Staff

sunnysc80 wrote:This jumper was reclalled in July and it says its illegal to sell this? http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12226.html

Please see the paragraph at the top of the features or in my big post at the top of the page. This is NOT the recalled trampoline.

manjar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manjar

Got this on a previous woot! Both my kids - two and four - love it, and it gives them a better physical workout than any other toy they have. And we've had no injuries observing the following two rules:
1) one kid on at a time
2) hold onto the rail with both hands at all times

studiggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studiggs

I have it and my 7 year old loves it... but doesn't use it as much as she used to. That said, we got it a couple years ago, so she was smaller. I probably wouldn't buy it new for her at her current age/size.

gothicchic21

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gothicchic21
tracikane wrote:So how does a trampoline compare with those bouncy balls with handles kids can sit on? I've also got a 3 year old with sensory issues and just don't know how to find space for a trampoline too but that's an awesome deal.

It takes a lot more balance to jump on those balls with handles. My daughter is 3 and still falls off of them & bangs into the walls and such. She has done very well with the trampoline, I keep it in the garage and only bring it in when I am there to watch her use it. It is pretty small & she does not like to hold the handle, but if she doesn't jump in the middle then it has lifted and moved when she jumps closer to an edge, kinda scary sometimes, but she has never gotten hurt.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

If you have an older kid, just get one of these from Amazon. Regular mini-trampoline with handle. Like I said above, we have one without a handle and my daughter has never had trouble staying on it. The round shape I think is more stable as well. It does not tip if she bounces close to the edge.

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Fun-9005MTH-Trampoline-Handrail/dp/B002N5AHFS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354125711&sr=8-4&keywords=trampoline

sunnysc80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnysc80

Got it thanks!

ThunderThighs wrote:Please see the paragraph at the top of the features or in my big post at the top of the page. This is NOT the recalled trampoline.

hmk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmk

The handle bar broke off of the trampoline. is it still safe to jump on?

wasnt this model that woot sold not recalled?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hmk wrote:The handle bar broke off of the trampoline. is it still safe to jump on?

wasnt this model that woot sold not recalled?

Not sure about your second question, but if you're experiencing issues with your order, please feel free to email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

hmk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmk
ThunderThighs wrote:Reposting from the sale:

Back in March 2012, Alex Toys issued a voluntary recall for the 786X Little Jumpers Trampoline due to problems with the handlebar. Alex Toys immediately fixed these problems and released the updated 786 version of the trampoline we are selling today. Yes, the model numbers are very similar but we have worked closely with Alex Toys and can confirm that our toy is not subject to that recall. Here’s is a letter from Alex Toys verifying that the model we are selling is not part of the recall and that all recalled trampolines have been returned to them:

Click here to read the letter from Alex Toys.

Less than a month and the handle bar came off the trampoline! I don't know what model woot sent out but if the handle bar broke that quickly who knows... Please advise what to do now! Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

hmk wrote:Less than a month and the handle bar came off the trampoline! I don't know what model woot sent out but if the handle bar broke that quickly who knows... Please advise what to do now! Thanks!

Sorry for the problem! These have a 90-day Woot warranty. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.