3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ichoric

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ichoric

Best thing about Hexbugs? The sets are cheap enough so that when your kid hates it, you don't feel like forcing him to get 15 bucks worth of fun out of it.

Got a set from Woot last year (not glow in the dark, though) for a 6-year-old. He was completely uninterested and didn't see the point. And it was difficult to fake the fun, since I was also completely uninterested and didn't see the point.

Be sure to consider the price of extra garbage pickup when you buy this!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Heres a short commercial

and a non glow in the dark hive set
so you can see the weird giblet thats on it.

lala04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lala04

I don't get this, but I think I want one because I don't get it. Or maybe it's the wine...

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps

Our 4 year old nephew really loved playing with the battle sets we bought last year, and this will connect to it. I can see where it's an occasional-use toy, but for the time our little ones have played with it they really like it.

-JCH

angel76006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angel76006

What's the point of this one? I am tempted to buy it for my kid, but I honestly don't get it just by looking at the descriptions. Is it like a pet bug?

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps

They are little vibrating bugs that generally move forward, based on the physics of how the legs are shaped. So the 'habitats' give them something to crawl around besides your house. This one has a ramp to the second floor and some playthings on the ground floor. The 2 to 5 crowd seem particularly fascinated by these sets.

-JCH

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Hexbugs are great toys. I have four kids ranging in age from 4 to 10. Even the 10 yr-olds still play with them.

Be sure to pick up some AG13/LR44 button cell batteries at the local store. They go through them fairly quickly.

Insert signature here.

ctviggen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ctviggen

I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old, and they LOVE hexbugs. The 2 YO loves to hold the bugs (and leave them on until the batteries die). I also love hexbugs, as they're fun to watch. I asked for a set for last Christmas, and Santa provided me with out. I'm definitely looking for another set to make our set larger. I'd like to make the set large enough to go around the base of our Christmas tree. This doesn't seem to be the set, though.

Also, if you look around, you can get 25-50 of these batteries for much less than buying them locally.

cmpilato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmpilato

For price comparison, Amazon has this at $24.38 (eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping): http://www.amazon.com/Innovation-First-Hexbug-Hive-Playset/dp/B0051C0HGY

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I have a couple of hexbug carcasses somewhere in my car. The kids were playing with them and dropped them, whereupon they skittered off to some far corner to deplete their batteries in peaceful solitude.

move along

edyg023

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edyg023

My kids really want one of these. Should I pull the trigger? I better throw it past my wife.

collett73

quality posts: 2 Private Messages collett73

My 10-year-old is a big fan of Hexbugs. We've already taken care of Christmas, but this will be great for his b-day in two months. I can't beat the price (legally)!

johnsolm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnsolm

I bought hex bugs for my nephew and grandson last year. They hooked up their track and it was a buggy Christmas. Hex bugs are really popular again this year. I don't get it , I just buy it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
edyg023 wrote:My kids really want one of these. Should I pull the trigger? I better throw it past my wife.

I hear they're still trendy "with the kids" if that helps.

I'm just hanging out, really.

eileenbeans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eileenbeans

I thought Hex bugs were ridiculous.
Until I found myself at home with no kids, and my friend and I were laying on the floor playing with the Hex Bugs.
Your kids WILL leave these little buggers (HA!) on, so buy extra batteries!

clintschaefer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clintschaefer

Create a racetrack... Any setup with a start point and an end point with various pathways between the two will do. Suggest using a hub with one straight track designated as the exit. After the kids go to bed, take bets on which bug will win. Losers take a drink/shot... Recommend fresh batteries for each bug!

danie2519

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danie2519

We got my nephew a Hexbug Nano set - I think it was a battling habitat set? - for his birthday this month. He just turned 7 and has two younger sisters (5 and 3) and they all loved them. This might be the perfect addition to that set... and it'll have more hex bugs so they can each have one.

mattstairs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattstairs

once the bugs go into the "spinner" do they ever get out of it? Or they are stuck spinning?

j5

It's all hexbuggery!

oh.
wait.

move along

Jasmine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jasmine

Can anyone suggest a good place to get the extra batteries? I just bought 2 of these for my nephew and would like to have 10 - 20 extra batteries handy.
Does it matter which brand I buy or are they all about the same?

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

My 8 year old Loves her non glow in the dark Hexbugs and so do the cats. Great toy for all of us.. I get to watch her set up elaborate tracks and then rescue the bugs from the cats that try to knock them free to run. It's about the most energy I see out of our cats since they are 17 years old.. they love it just as much as the kid.

I'm in for one of these.. we'll just add it to the collection.

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria
Jasmine wrote:Can anyone suggest a good place to get the extra batteries? I just bought 2 of these for my nephew and would like to have 10 - 20 extra batteries handy.

I bought a 100 pack on amazon since so many of my kids toys need them. The offical Hexbug batteries are expensive and last just as long as any other so you can use any brand.

http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-AG13-Alkaline-Button-Battery/dp/B0056FQWP6/ref=pd_sbs_watch_9

j5

Jasmine wrote:Can anyone suggest a good place to get the extra batteries? I just bought 2 of these for my nephew and would like to have 10 - 20 extra batteries handy.

Amazon.
Buy them in bulk (per above post).
I got these Energizers for my dog's collar, which uses a stack of button batteries.

move along

Jasmine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jasmine

Thank you both.

inja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inja

We were VERY excited to add to the Hexbug race course that we previously bought from Woot!
It was exciting to see our daughter's eyes light up when she opened it on Christmas morning...
The Hexbug vibrated for a second, then pooped out. We assumed it was the battery, and changed it.
Nothing.
After several battery changes, we concluded that we received a DEAD DUD Hexbug. ;(

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

inja wrote:We were VERY excited to add to the Hexbug race course that we previously bought from Woot!
It was exciting to see our daughter's eyes light up when she opened it on Christmas morning...
The Hexbug vibrated for a second, then pooped out. We assumed it was the battery, and changed it.
Nothing.
After several battery changes, we concluded that we received a DEAD DUD Hexbug. ;(

Sorry for the late reply and to hear that you received a bad unit.

Please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to assist you in finding a solution.