WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Lap Desks: Lap Top Love

Every kid needs a desk, but every kid needs to go places where there are no desks. We’ve got a way to ensure your kid never goes deskless. And, kids being kids, we’ve included a coaster to keep his computer dry, and a light to keep him up late on schoolni—I mean, to help him read during power outages.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How does your kid do homework? Book in lap, book on floor, book on desk? Feel free to share! (Or cleverly mock some of the styles, that's fine too.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

Oh, wootbot, "night owl" is redundant, not an oxymoron. Although you probably just did that to bait people like me!

My sister is decorating my niece's room with owls, but I think 1 year old might be a bit too young for a lap desk. Might work for my older niece, though. Although I confess I'm looking at one for myself. May be small, but might work as a more comfortable way to prop up my heavier than I'd like older model tablet and certainly cheaper than buying a new one!

inkycatz

ibexscribe wrote:Oh, wootbot, "night owl" is redundant, not an oxymoron. Although you probably just did that to bait people like me!

My sister is decorating my niece's room with owls, but I think 1 year old might be a bit too young for a lap desk. Might work for my older niece, though. Although I confess I'm looking at one for myself. May be small, but might work as a more comfortable way to prop up my heavier than I'd like older model tablet and certainly cheaper than buying a new one!

Nothing wrong with that strategy that I can see! What style are you looking at for yourself?

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
inkycatz wrote:Nothing wrong with that strategy that I can see! What style are you looking at for yourself?

I grabbed two of the doodle flower ones, one to give and one to keep. Giving one to my sister with two daughters (one just started school and the other is 2), for school work, coloring, etc, and one for myself. None of them match my decor, but I was considering dots, flowers and the purple geometric one. I like the whimsy of the doodle flowers, so that one won. I sent the link to my other sister to find out if they could find it useful. Woot is going to make me go broke, as I see all of the things I can add to the boxes of goodies I'll be shipping to my widely dispersed family this year.

melissadrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag

Does anyone know if the light is removable? Also, is it filled with those little styrofoam beads? That seems the most logical and economical fill.

streetcw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

following

melissadrag wrote:Does anyone know if the light is removable? Also, is it filled with those little styrofoam beads? That seems the most logical and economical fill.

WOOT before Work

DebEdit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DebEdit

So cute! Set your tablet on them? Can anyone find the measurements?

sam927

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sam927
DebEdit wrote:So cute! Set your tablet on them? Can anyone find the measurements?

Specs tab has them:
Dots Laptop Cushion
Table Dimensions: 13" x 17"
Padding Depth: 2"
(Just take into account that light & cupholder take up part of that space)

And Features tab says reading light is 12"

jillnova

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jillnova

What kind of light is it? I'd be in for two if it was an LED bulb.

inkycatz

jillnova wrote:What kind of light is it? I'd be in for two if it was an LED bulb.

We'll ask for you!

inkycatz

inkycatz wrote:We'll ask for you!

Turns out, "It is 5 little LED light bulbs".

pacal823

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pacal823

I can't figure out how to put in desks with different designs in my "cart." Is that impossible? I don't want to pay a separate $5 shipping for each style desk.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

pacal823 wrote:I can't figure out how to put in desks with different designs in my "cart." Is that impossible? I don't want to pay a separate $5 shipping for each style desk.

Per the Woot FAQ you can only order up to 3 sales per day. We don't have a "cart system", so you'll have to order each individual color/design separately.

We also have a "$5 All You Can Ship" policy, which means that for a limited time, one $5 charge covers standard shipping on all your Woot orders within the same calendar day.

Hope this information was helpful

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

alliemda

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alliemda
inkycatz wrote:Turns out, "It is 5 little LED light bulbs".

Does it take a battery? I'm concerned about having a non-functioning light permanently attached to an otherwise cute desk. I don't think my six-year-old niece would mind but my SIL would not be thrilled.. It does seem to be a good deal, but I think I am going to search for similar items before I invest in one of these.
Also, does anyone else think the cup holder is a little odd for a kids' item? Even with the depression I would worry about spills. Maybe she can use it as a paper clip holder. Do six year olds use paper clips?? ;)
(As for patterns I like "Doodle Flower" and "Flowers")

lotsa98

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lotsa98

I bought these for my nieces, 8 and 10, last time they came up. They love the designs, but unfortunately, neither one of their lights work.

inkycatz

inkycatz

lotsa98 wrote:I bought these for my nieces, 8 and 10, last time they came up. They love the designs, but unfortunately, neither one of their lights work.

Well nuts. Did you contact the manufacturer for a replacement? (If they're not a help, you're always welcome to hit up support@woot.com for other options.)

ragsys

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ragsys
ragsys wrote:following

The light is a nice 5 LED light with a switch. The battery pack is underneath the top padded by a pillow (with tiny styrofoam balls in a fiber pillow). The back has a zipper for access. The LEDs will make batteries last a longer time than filament bulbs and will never need replacing. Great quality in design and construction. Got one for each of 5 Grandkids from 6-17 years. They will love this.

BATTERY POLARITY MUST BE CORRECT FOR LAMP OPERATION AND INCORRECT POLARITY MAY KILL THE LEDS !

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

I love these designs. (Well the non-sport ones anyway) If I could tell the manufacturer anything I would say more cute designs in some of the reds and blues.

Anyway, I was going to get my nieces one, but they are sold out.

I'll be first in line for two if woot gets more in stock in the future.