mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley

i'm sure an update will be posted soon. i'm not going to let this ruin yet another night...

gatorskin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatorskin76

I wasn't particularly happy about the delay in an initial response, but I think some patience is in order based on the latest information posted. I think the message was pretty clear from that post as far as intent. I understand people are frustrated, but I think we should give them the chance to make it right.

GRobl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

I was really hoping when I got home and came on here that I would be reading that they have nabi2's on hand and ready to ship out.

Is there any update or are you all just going to go home and release an email at 10 after 7 stating we are still screwed?

frenchbreakfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenchbreakfast
GRobl wrote:Is there any update or are you all just going to go home and release an email at 10 after 7 stating we are still screwed?

Not that we're feeling cynical or anything. :/

asowers78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asowers78

Okay so now I am REALLY pissed! I received the Nabi-A (the piece of crap I didn't want!) and out of curiosity I opened it to see what it was like! Mine, don't know about anyone else, is OBVIOUSLY used. It wasnt sealed, not in the protective bag, had fingerprints all over the screen! I am so beyond irritated! I can't believe 1. they would try to fix their screw up with some sad little $10 coupon and 2. they would actually send me a USED device! AWFUL! Totally lost a customer and I WILL be returning this piece of crap they sent me!

asowers78

BigD wrote:We're either going to get you a Nabi 2 or we're going to give you a steep discount if you want to keep the Nabi 1. We're working on the specifics so stay tuned.

Just curious... were USED Nabi-A's part of the screw up too. RIDICULOUS!

pcmooney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcmooney
asowers78 wrote:Okay so now I am REALLY pissed! I received the Nabi-A (the piece of crap I didn't want!) and out of curiosity I opened it to see what it was like! Mine, don't know about anyone else, is OBVIOUSLY used. It wasnt sealed, not in the protective bag, had fingerprints all over the screen! I am so beyond irritated! I can't believe 1. they would try to fix their screw up with some sad little $10 coupon and 2. they would actually send me a USED device! AWFUL! Totally lost a customer and I WILL be returning this piece of crap they sent me!

WOOTers demand photos of used equip.

asowers78

pcmooney wrote:WOOTers demand photos of used equip.

Where can I post them! GLADLY, I will let you see what I received!

frenchbreakfast

pcmooney wrote:WOOTers demand photos of used equip.

Absolutely! Pics are essential to show the extent of the situation. I'm sure the woot folks could use them, too, since they're going to have to deal with the mess with their vendor.

tdonoway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdonoway
asowers78 wrote:Where can I post them! GLADLY, I will let you see what I received!

This is terrible! The way this was handled should end their business.

asowers78

tdonoway wrote:This is terrible! The way this was handled should end their business.

I can't paste a photo on the message board, but if someone knows of another location where I can please let me know! I have several photos. Of the box, fingerprints... EXACTLY as I received it! I took pictures the moment I noticed the stickers on each side of the box were broken(sealing the box)!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
asowers78 wrote:I can't paste a photo on the message board, but if someone knows of another location where I can please let me know! I have several photos. Of the box, fingerprints... EXACTLY as I received it! I took pictures the moment I noticed the stickers on each side of the box were broken(sealing the box)!

Please be sure to include a link to those pictures and mail support@woot.com right away. We request that you don't send them attachments, rather links to hosted pictures somewhere.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pcmooney

asowers78 wrote:Where can I post them! GLADLY, I will let you see what I received!

Use Imgur.com easy, free and provides the code to post here.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
asowers78 wrote:I can't paste a photo on the message board, but if someone knows of another location where I can please let me know! I have several photos. Of the box, fingerprints... EXACTLY as I received it! I took pictures the moment I noticed the stickers on each side of the box were broken(sealing the box)!

upload to img.ur then use the text in the "bbcode" box to post them here.

Before the torches come out, people need to understand that this is a supplier issue. Woot probably never saw these things. They don't keep inventory here. They are just a broker to parcel out bulk purchases 1-3 units at a time.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

heathergeorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heathergeorge

www.photobucket.com will host for free then you can paste the url's here.

tdonoway

j5 wrote:upload to img.ur then use the text in the "bbcode" box to post them here.

Before the torches come out, people need to understand that this is a supplier issue. Woot probably never saw these things. They don't keep inventory here. They are just a broker to parcel out bulk purchases 1-3 units at a time.

My understanding is trust and credibility. I'm waiting to see woot come through. I just received a junk email, not a good sign...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tdonoway wrote:My understanding is trust and credibility. I'm waiting to see woot come through. I just received a junk email, not a good sign...

you probably got a reply from their automatic ticketing system.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

wootswhats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootswhats
j5 wrote:

Before the torches come out, people need to understand that this is a supplier issue. Woot probably never saw these things. They don't keep inventory here. They are just a broker to parcel out bulk purchases on 1-3 at a time.

The issue isn't that this happened. The issue is the way it's been handled. Holding people's money hostage until they return a product they never ordered is NOT okay and may not even be legal. Woot needs to eat this, not the customer. And the lack of communication is appalling.

At this point I think people feel the only approach left involves torches. Vague promises of possible solutions do not put money in bank accounts or Nabi2s under trees. Woot needs to keep steady communication about progress and work around the clock until it's done. That might instill a little confidence.

tdonoway

j5 wrote:you probably got a reply from their automatic ticketing system.

My frustration, I keep getting crap emails and nobody to for conversation. I'm ready to cancel, get my money back and go find another deal. Instead they tell me they are sending me the wrong product. What problem does this solve? It only angers me, the consumer. Great you made a mistake and you are not going to stand behind it. Send me my money back. Don't make me jump through hoops to get what I want. A Nabi2 for my children for Christmas.

asowers78

heathergeorge wrote:www.photobucket.com will host for free then you can paste the url's here.

I've posted the picture link above this post. Notice the fingerprints ALL over the screen as I took the Nabi out of the box! Lovely, isn't it?

tdonoway

What good is a "catchy case number" if there is nobody to work on your case?

happycorie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycorie22

Oh. Wow. Yeah, that's really fricken bad.

I'm holding out for my 7:10 email telling me to go f my self because Woot can't fulfill my order.

asowers78 wrote:http://s651.beta.photobucket.com/user/asowers78/library/nabi%20crap%20from%20woot

picture link

dfharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfharmon

What I found being breathtakingly arrogant is: sending me the wrong item, yet keeping my money until I return the wrong item. My money should be returned immediately! Especially the item I paid for is worth less than I've paid for. Wow.

frenchbreakfast

There's just one word to describe this: Nabacle.

happycorie22

Well, they're clearly not going to return the full amount of money before they get the item back. That's just bad business practice if they do. What's to stop someone from getting all of their money back then not returning the piece of garbage Nabi that they were sent?
They could return the monies, less the cost of the Nabi-A, to each customer, but I'm guessing that that would be a royal pain in the butt to do.

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD

Update: We have secured Nabi 2s for everyone and we'll be able to get them to you before Christmas. Please watch for an update here and by email (and put the pitchforks away :-)

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

tdonoway

BigD wrote:Update: We have secured Nabi 2s for everyone and we'll be able to get them to you before Christmas. Please watch for an update here and by email (and put the pitchforks away :-)

Will we receive a confirmation email?

tdonoway

tdonoway wrote:Will we receive a confirmation email?

Sorry, ment when....

harrisoniris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrisoniris

Is this for real? How is this going to work for those of us who asked to cancel orders? If this is legit, I deck the halls my order cancelled! If this is what you guys are doing, thank you! This will go along way to retain customers for future orders!

harrisoniris

harrisoniris wrote:Is this for real? How is this going to work for those of us who asked to cancel orders? If this is legit, I deck the halls my order cancelled! If this is what you guys are doing, thank you! This will go along way to retain customers for future orders!

Lol, I did NOT type deck the halls...don't know where that came from!

harrisoniris

BigD wrote:Update: We have secured Nabi 2s for everyone and we'll be able to get them to you before Christmas. Please watch for an update here and by email (and put the pitchforks away :-)

Nice!

happycorie22

^^ This is why we're besties BigD

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
tdonoway wrote:Sorry, ment when....

We are working on getting all the inventory and logistics details together and it will likely take us several more hours to get everything in place. It will likely be tomorrow morning before we get an official email out.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

kathym9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathym9

If this is true I think everyone will gladly put the pitchforks away and recognize a mistake was made and Woot went above and beyond to resolve it.

Now THAT is customer service. Thank you

harrisoniris

kathym9 wrote:If this is true I think everyone will gladly put the pitchforks away and recognize a mistake was made and Woot went above and beyond to resolve it.

Agreed!

dfharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfharmon
harrisoniris wrote:Agreed!

Ditto.

tdonoway

BigD wrote:We are working on getting all the inventory and logistics details together and it will likely take us several more hours to get everything in place. It will likely be tomorrow morning before we get an official email out.

Thank you, this is really big of woot! First class...

gatorskin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatorskin76
kathym9 wrote:If this is true I think everyone will gladly put the pitchforks away and recognize a mistake was made and Woot went above and beyond to resolve it.

agreed

pcmooney

Thank you, *pockets pitchfork*

BigD wrote:We are working on getting all the inventory and logistics details together and it will likely take us several more hours to get everything in place. It will likely be tomorrow morning before we get an official email out.