+ Add a Comment

frenchbreakfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenchbreakfast
j5 wrote:I'd like to know, based on the earlier post from the Nabi-fan-site, how this "vendor" had access to that many 1st gen Nabis.

Apparently, Toys R Us had a bunch they never sold (they were required to sell them according to their contract and never did). According to one of the nabi fan-a-techs, this is a major legal issue between TRU and Fuhu (manufacturer of the original Nabi).

Anyway, TRU wants to unload these and Woot wants to sell them. Only, I think Woot thought they were getting the 2s and someone figured out too late they're the originals.

It's a real mess and the only ones getting screwed are our kids.

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
mattkeithley wrote:only a small group of us are getting bent over. the others never got an apology email because they're actually getting a NABI2 shipped to them.

Sorry, but this is untrue. We don't have any Nabi 2s, we only have Nabi 1s. We aren't playing favorites and unfortunately everyone is in the same boat here. We are looking for Nabi 2s but I'll say that it is unlikely that we will find any.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

happycorie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycorie22
BigD wrote:Sorry, but this is untrue. We don't have any Nabi 2s, we only have Nabi 1s. We aren't playing favorites and unfortunately everyone is in the same boat here. We are looking for Nabi 2s but I'll say that it is unlikely that we will find any.

How can you not "find" any? Amazon is selling them for full price and they're "In Stock." Are you not a subsidiary of Amazon?

jji272

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jji272

If you only have nabi 1s and that is what you are shipping then you should be able to refund all orders that have already shipped minus the $35 these 1s are worth. No need to hold onto the rest of my money.

BigD wrote:Sorry, but this is untrue. We don't have any Nabi 2s, we only have Nabi 1s. We aren't playing favorites and unfortunately everyone is in the same boat here. We are looking for Nabi 2s but I'll say that it is unlikely that we will find any.

frenchbreakfast

eraten wrote:Really? You couldn't have just read my post Post where I explained the exact same thing. You people need to calm down a bit and have faith that it will be fixed.

We people need to be given some indication that things are attempting to BE fixed. There is no communication from Woot excepting the one person's telephone call. There is no indication they are working on resolving anything. And, to top it all off, our money is held up, preventing us from finding alternate sources for our kids' Christmas presents. Maybe that's not an issue for you, but it is for many of us. Four weeks until Christmas.

gatorskin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatorskin76

I am sure my situation isn't unique here, but here is my frustration. I wouldn't buy a Nabi 2 at $199, its a deal at $129, but at $199 price point I think there are better options for me. I made the mistake last night of trusting that I had secured a Nabi 2 at the same price that several outlets had sold the item (Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart). Then I made the mistake of showing the Nabi 2 to my 4 year old daughter and told her she was getting her iPad. She was so excited, and her favorite color is red so it worked out pretty nice. Now I find this out and I am stuck with the chore of telling my daughter that Woot made a mistake, one that shouldn't have made but did, and she isn't in fact getting that Nabi 2 that she thought she was getting. Either that or shell out $199 for something that I would have never bought at that price point. So worst case scenario I disappoint my daughter, and best case scenario I am out $70.

As a side note, as many have pointed out, it is not a good idea for Woot to try to sell the Nabi A at $129. That seems like pretty horrible "deal".

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
gatorskin76 wrote:As a side note, as many have pointed out, it is not a good idea for Woot to try to sell the Nabi A at $129. That seems like pretty horrible "deal".

I don't think they would have had they known.
$50 maybe.

move along

frenchbreakfast

gatorskin76 wrote:As a side note, as many have pointed out, it is not a good idea for Woot to try to sell the Nabi A at $129. That seems like pretty horrible "deal".

I think Woot got just as screwed as those of us who ordered. I think their vendor misled them and now we're all in the boat together.

happycorie22

frenchbreakfast wrote:I think Woot got just as screwed as those of us who ordered. I think their vendor misled them and now we're all in the boat together.

Sure.... except Woot is hoarding our money and not delivering the product promised. They're not disappointing their kids at Christmas, they haven't missed another opportunity to purchase the ACTUAL item that they wanted.

You're right, they're totally in the same boat as us. GMAFB.

wutupyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wutupyo

Unfortunately, a simple return and $10 credit can hardly suffice in this situation. Due to the nature of the day these were ordered, many people purchased and began looking for other things, feeling they got the deal they were looking for. To uphold "good" customer service, the company, be it Woot, or the "vendor" needs to take it upon themselves to fullfil the orders of what many on here have ordered. If there is a wait, then so be it, there is a month until Christmas. There are plenty of Nabi 2s out there. It would not be that hard to correct this.

Unfortunatenly in business, sometimes bad things happen. It is the responsiblility of the company to right these wrongs, and take the hit when necessary. I'm sure this "loss" could be consumed by Woot, providing everyone who ordered a Nabi 2, without much affect to the wallet of the company...

gatorskin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatorskin76
frenchbreakfast wrote:I think Woot got just as screwed as those of us who ordered. I think their vendor misled them and now we're all in the boat together.

Not quite the same boat. This is Woot's business, so they are more responsible for making sure these things are correct. And the initial "oops" e-mail basically asked people to consider purchasing the Nabi A at the same price of $129. So had they maybe considered saying something like, you are actually getting the Nabi A and we can credit your card for say $50, so you are only paying $79 for the outdated tablet, then that might have been something. But they were ok with selling the Nabi A at $129.

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

The "NABI2" sold out about 27 hours ago. We received a stock email in the early evening. No other damage control was done until this morning so people were left extremely agitated and many felt betrayed by Woot. I get that the distributor may have given the wrong info to your moderator and you are using Amazon. What I don't get is why it took so long for someone to figure it out and start communicating with your Wooters. . I don't understand why you continue to provide "canned" emails like this to us - it is really insulting: "Sorry to hear that you need to return your item (s). A full refund will be issued upon receipt of the return. However, it may take several days for the refund to be reflected by your financial institution once issued on our end." I am sorry!!!

BigD

happycorie22 wrote:How can you not "find" any? Amazon is selling them for full price and they're "In Stock." Are you not a subsidiary of Amazon?

I wish it were that simple, if that were an easy option we would absolutely do that. As a subsidiary, we have are a completely different entity and we have an "arm's length" relationship with them so we can't just swap out inventory. (and they don't have enough stock to support the qty that we sold)

frenchbreakfast

gatorskin76 wrote:Not quite the same boat. This is Woot's business, so they are more responsible for making sure these things are correct. And the initial "oops" e-mail basically asked people to consider purchasing the Nabi A at the same price of $129. So had they maybe considered saying something like, you are actually getting the Nabi A and we can credit your card for say $50, so you are only paying $79 for the outdated tablet, then that might have been something. But they were ok with selling the Nabi A at $129.

I hear that. I'm just trying to put myself in their shoes. I agree, Woot needs to make this right, even if they did get misled. I'm just saying it sucks all the way 'round.

swhcadguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swhcadguy

Why wouldn't Woot contact Fuhu directly to order them, in order to fix Woot's reputation regarding this issue and to make right by your customers? Sure you are going to take a hit on these, or maybe you become a selling partner.

Phone: +1.310 227 8230
Fax: +1.310 356 3656

Fan-a-Tech Scott

dteubner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dteubner
j5 wrote:I don't think they would have had they known.
$50 maybe.

Ok, maybe....except that according to the email yesterday, we're free to keep the tablet if we want it--for the low, low price of $129. *sigh*

IF the "our vendor lied" story is true, and IF the post about Toys R Us being the only people who have these old tablets is true, then TRU lied. So now the reputation of TRU AND Woot! have been scarred.

Not exactly the "Macy's and Gimbles" kind of message we love at this time of year, eh?

frenchbreakfast

swhcadguy wrote:Why wouldn't Woot contact Fuhu directly to order them, in order to fix Woot's reputation regarding this issue and to make right by your customers? Sure you are going to take a hit on these, or maybe you become a selling partner.

Phone: +1.310 227 8230
Fax: +1.310 356 3656

Fan-a-Tech Scott

This is really the only thing that they could do that would make this right.

LowerLower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LowerLower

Thank you for speaking out. For what it's worth, I would be willing to wait a couple weeks should it be necessary to receive the correct tablet. As long as it makes it under the tree. So if you can round them up I'll wait.

BigD wrote:I wish it were that simple, if that were an easy option we would absolutely do that. As a subsidiary, we have are a completely different entity and we have an "arm's length" relationship with them so we can't just swap out inventory. (and they don't have enough stock to support the qty that we sold)

happycorie22

BigD wrote:I wish it were that simple, if that were an easy option we would absolutely do that. As a subsidiary, we have are a completely different entity and we have an "arm's length" relationship with them so we can't just swap out inventory. (and they don't have enough stock to support the qty that we sold)

That's still confusing. So, you use Amazon for fulfillment and shipping, but somehow that's different from their inventory? Do you have any idea the hassle that you've caused people? The flip and mildly witty emails suggest that you don't. The $10 credit is a slap in the face to every Wooter that now has to clean up your mess.

jji272

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jji272

Woot is wrong in not giving at least a partial refund for the tablets that have already shipped. The nabi 1 is not worth $119.00 (purchase price minus $10 coupon). Anyone that chooses to keep a nabi 1 at that price is crazy and getting completely ripped off. Make it right woot!

j5

wutupyo wrote:Due to the nature of the day these were ordered, many people purchased and began looking for other things, feeling they got the deal they were looking for

I don't know.
I only saw the Nabi2 for $129 at 2 places, Best-Buy and WalMart, and they were sold out pretty quickly after go-live at both. Someone mentioned there was an Amazon lightning deal, but I didn't see it there.

move along

happycorie22

Hilarious. Amazon is selling it for $10 off now. $10 seems to be a common theme with this tablet.

wootswhats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootswhats

Darold, I appreciate you taking the time to post. But it really isn't very helpful for you to tell us that you have our money and are keeping it until we return something that we specifically asked you not to send out in the first place.

Please do not insult us by telling us you can't get Nabi 2s. How about of you send the guys doing the non helpful form emails out to Best Buy and WalMart and buy theirs. Mail them to us. Problem solved. Yes, you lose a little money but think what you are losing now in damage to your reputation. Hope you're ready to pour all of your profit into your marketing budget. You'll probably need to up your Paid Search budget because the regular Goodle searches are going to bring people to this fiasco.

You need to take care of your customers now. You can deal with your dishonest vendor later.

frenchbreakfast

I would wait for a few weeks, too! I'd rather get the right thing late than the wrong thing tomorrow (which is probably what's about to happen!).

clydeml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydeml

Absolutely, So long as it was here for Christmas, I would wait to get the right product.

wutupyo

j5 wrote:I don't know.
I only saw the Nabi2 for $129 at 2 places, Best-Buy and WalMart, and they were sold out pretty quickly after go-live at both. Someone mentioned there was an Amazon lightning deal, but I didn't see it there.

It didn't have to be $129, If there was a sale on Monday for $150, it still would have been better than $199. Unfortunately, the time to look for a deal for this tablet on Cyber Monday has passed. Point being when purchased, the search for any sort of deal for the Nabi 2 was suspended after that.

pcmooney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcmooney

ToysRUs in store - so 3 large B&M retailers and Amazon w/ lightning deals all through this weekend.

dteubner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dteubner

With programs like Ebates/Swagbucks and store incentives like the $10 certificate for every $50 spent at RadioShack, there were indeed deals to be had last night if you were willing to get creative. But the $129 Woot! deal was so much simpler....umm, yeah.

j5

wutupyo wrote:It didn't have to be $129, If there was a sale on Monday for $150, it still would have been better than $199. Unfortunately, the time to look for a deal for this tablet on Cyber Monday has passed. Point being when purchased, the search for any sort of deal for the Nabi 2 was suspended after that.

Right, but there weren't any that I saw. I followed the deal tracker sites most of the day, and I saw nothing. Your best alternative was the Kindle Fire at $129, and it was available all day yesterday.

move along

GRobl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

They won't lose any money by sending us nabi2's. They are marked up over 100% at Walmart and best buy. They need to call the makers of nabi, get there wholesalers phone number and drop ship each one to us. They should have sent out an email stating there will be a delay is shipping but we will have then in time for our kids to open. Shame on you Woot.

pcmooney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcmooney
pcmooney wrote:ToysRUs in store - so 3 large B&M retailers and Amazon w/ lightning deals all through this weekend.

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
GRobl wrote:They won't lose any money by sending us nabi2's. They are marked up over 100% at Walmart and best buy. They need to call the makers of nabi, get there wholesalers phone number and drop ship each one to us. They should have sent out an email stating there will be a delay is shipping but we will have then in time for our kids to open. Shame on you Woot.

can BigD respond to this?

j5

pcmooney wrote:ToysRUs in store - so 3 large B&M retailers and Amazon w/ lightning deals all through this weekend.

Only because I'm pedantic OCD and not really trying to cause trouble, "all through this weekend" is before Monday.

move along

BigD

happycorie22 wrote:That's still confusing. So, you use Amazon for fulfillment and shipping, but somehow that's different from their inventory? Do you have any idea the hassle that you've caused people? The flip and mildly witty emails suggest that you don't. The $10 credit is a slap in the face to every Wooter that now has to clean up your mess.

We are an Amazon Fulfillment services customer, as are thousands of other online merchants who utilize Amazon's warehouse services. It is completely different from sharing and having access to Amazon inventory. We are very aware of the problems that we've created for everyone and we are working to fix them. The witty emails are part of Woot, they aren't intended to offend and the $10 credit was an honest attempt to help resolve the problem. We've clearly heard your feedback saying that isn't acceptable and we're working on a better resolution.

wutupyo

j5 wrote:Right, but there weren't any that I saw. I followed the deal tracker sites most of the day, and I saw nothing. Your best alternative was the Kindle Fire at $129, and it was available all day yesterday.

Let me rephrase then; The search for a tablet was stopped once I found the Nabi 2 here for $129. Other deals bould be had, on other tablets. But there was no need, since I had already purchased one.

tdonoway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdonoway
BigD wrote:We are an Amazon Fulfillment services customer, as are thousands of other online merchants who utilize Amazon's warehouse services. It is completely different from sharing and having access to Amazon inventory. We are very aware of the problems that we've created for everyone and we are working to fix them. The witty emails are part of Woot, they aren't intended to offend and the $10 credit was an honest attempt to help resolve the problem. We've clearly heard your feedback saying that isn't acceptable and we're working on a better resolution.

Something needs to happen!!!!

BigD

GRobl wrote:They won't lose any money by sending us nabi2's. They are marked up over 100% at Walmart and best buy. They need to call the makers of nabi, get there wholesalers phone number and drop ship each one to us. They should have sent out an email stating there will be a delay is shipping but we will have then in time for our kids to open. Shame on you Woot.

mattkeithley wrote:can BigD respond to this?

Sure - These products are not marked up 100% anywhere - margins on electronics run closer to 6%, not 100%. I can assure you we've reached out to everyone we can and no one has these available in qty - at retail or wholesale and especially not at $100.

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey
BigD wrote:We are an Amazon Fulfillment services customer, as are thousands of other online merchants who utilize Amazon's warehouse services. It is completely different from sharing and having access to Amazon inventory. We are very aware of the problems that we've created for everyone and we are working to fix them. The witty emails are part of Woot, they aren't intended to offend and the $10 credit was an honest attempt to help resolve the problem. We've clearly heard your feedback saying that isn't acceptable and we're working on a better resolution.

A $60 credit on Amazon would just about do it. ($129.99 - $189.99)

tdonoway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdonoway
sphervey wrote:A $60 credit on Amazon would just about do it. ($129.99 - $189.99)

That would do it!!!

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
BigD wrote:Sure - These products are not marked up 100% anywhere - margins on electronics run closer to 6%, not 100%. I can assure you we've reached out to everyone we can and no one has these available in qty - at retail or wholesale and especially not at $100.

First of all, thank you for making an official statement on the board. Secondly, those of us who are asking Woot to make it right are not under any illusion that you are in the business of losing money. We get that. However, in a scenario such as this, kissing the profit margin goodbye and shipping out NABI2's to your customer base is really the only saving grace here.

As someone else has suggested, refunding the $135 + an Amazon credit which would allow us to purchase the NABI2 at regular price would also suffice.

The root of this though is the fact that our monies are tied up while all of the bureaucratic red tape is being cut through...