GRobl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl
chris626 wrote:Well i told ya they were all working overtime in the wharehouse getting these shipped out before they could cancel them for us

Who's your source?

LowerLower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LowerLower

Funny how they still are referring to your purchase as the Nabi 2 when they've told us otherwise. Perhaps one of the top brass returned from a long weekend and is making things right and actually shipped what we purchased in good faith.

GRobl wrote:just got my email stating that the NABI2 has shipped. Great!! Way to fix your mess. Just ship them out and screw over your customers.....

eraten

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eraten

I think folks need to realize here that shipping a product is a completely automated process, especially this time of year. Woot ships from many different warehouses, which stock and ship products for many different stores. The products, more than likely, shipped out well before woot even realized the mistake. The email you are all receiving is just another part of that whole fully automated process.

harrisoniris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrisoniris

Just called "customer service" and got an automated message saying all issues are handled via email and to send one! So much for the great customer service many posters have praised!

happycorie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycorie22

How irritating. Clearly someone is taking the time to moderate and delete on this thread, why not put out some response instead of just deleting publicly available information?

GRobl

Thank you so much woot!! you made this christmas just great!!

Hello Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Sorry to hear that you need to return your item (s). A full refund will be issued within 7-10 business days from receipt of the product.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

Woot, you clearly screwed up today. Why are you deleting comments, further aggravating us? Just respond already. Ignoring your customers is not the way to handle this situation.

Adding insult to injury by sending me an email telling me my "Nabi 2" is on its way...LOL

wutupyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wutupyo

So, after deciding I wanted to get one of these, I planned on looking for one yesterday. Saw the woot prior to 7, did not want the original version, didn't even think that was a good price for an old and inferior product. Come back and see its the Nabi 2! YAY! instaorder.

Now its back to being the original, and woot wants to offer me $10 to use ONLY on their site. This does not help me obtain the product I was promised, it also takes money out of my pocket, since I have most likely missed any deal I could have found to get the Nabi 2.

Woot, I'd say it would be extremely fair of you, if you either held up your end, and purchased Nabi 2s for everyone that purchased one at your expense, keeping our $130, OR, you credited everyones credit card $200 so they can purchase the product YOU promised them, and repeatidly REASSURED them, elsewhere.

dinki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinki
Hello,

Unfortunately the order has reached the point in processing where it cannot be cancelled. You may use the return label below to send back the order for a refund.

I have been a Woot customer since 2007 and have _NEVER_ had a product be shipped this quickly! Now I'm interested to see what they send me, but if my return somehow gets lost in transit I'm going to hit the roof.

clydeml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydeml
dinki wrote:I have been a Woot customer since 2007 and have _NEVER_ had a product be shipped this quickly! Now I'm interested to see what they send me, but if my return somehow gets lost in transit I'm going to hit the roof.

Me too. I also have been a customer since 2007, NEVER had anything ship in less than 5 days. Now all of a sudden Woot figures out how to ship faster. Really???

GRobl

dinki wrote:I have been a Woot customer since 2007 and have _NEVER_ had a product be shipped this quickly! Now I'm interested to see what they send me, but if my return somehow gets lost in transit I'm going to hit the roof.

that would be par for the course, your return getting lost.

happycorie22

Didn't Barnes and Noble get in trouble for pulling a stunt like this with HP Touchpads last year when they were fire-saled?

frenchbreakfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenchbreakfast

Wow. The mods keep taking down the phone numbers. What is going on?!

GRobl

How many units were sold? Why isn't there more people here up in arms about this? Why do I feel that there is just a small group of people getting bent over?

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
GRobl wrote:How many units were sold? Why isn't there more people here up in arms about this? Why do I feel that there is just a small group of people getting bent over?

only a small group of us are getting bent over. the others never got an apology email because they're actually getting a NABI2 shipped to them.

frenchbreakfast

mattkeithley wrote:only a small group of us are getting bent over. the others never got an apology email because they're actually getting a NABI2 shipped to them.

If that's the case then I'm a lot more upset because I now have two kids who aren't getting this because all my money is tied up in woot's screwup.

mattkeithley

frenchbreakfast wrote:If that's the case then I'm a lot more upset because I now have two kids who aren't getting this because all my money is tied up in woot's screwup.

it's a conspiracy theory but it wouldn't surprise me.

frenchbreakfast

mattkeithley wrote:only a small group of us are getting bent over. the others never got an apology email because they're actually getting a NABI2 shipped to them.

If it's truly just a small group of us then there is even more reason to do the right thing and get us the nabi2 at the $129 price.

mattkeithley

so the response i got from support this morning was this from randy:

Hello Matt ,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.
Sorry to hear that you need to return your item (s). A full refund will be issued within 7-10 business days from receipt of the product.

happycorie22

I've decided to tweet at them.

clydeml

Woot’s President just called me. A very respectable move on their part and while I now have a better understanding of the situation, it does not fully alleviate my frustration. I do thank Mr. Rydl for calling me. He also stated they are working on a statement for this board so watch for that.

GRobl

clydeml wrote:Woot’s President just called me. A very respectable move on their part and while I now have a better understanding of the situation, it does not fully alleviate my frustration. I do thank Mr. Rydl for calling me. He also stated they are working on a statement for this board so watch for that.

Explain..... your still frustrated, so that means they are not doing anything about this. What about the people that never got the "were sorry" letter?

mattkeithley

clydeml wrote:Woot’s President just called me. A very respectable move on their part and while I now have a better understanding of the situation, it does not fully alleviate my frustration. I do thank Mr. Rydl for calling me. He also stated they are working on a statement for this board so watch for that.

the president of woot called you?

jji272

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jji272

What did they say? Are they truly shipping first gen Babis in place of nabi 2s?

happycorie22

Did he say anything useful or was it just the usual corporate pandering?

jvgartner1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvgartner1

Immediately Attempted to cancel order of 3 products that are not what they were stated to be. Now "I" need to take time to ship these back because of the mess-up. This is terrible customer service. I'm sorry. Did anyone else get to "Cancel" this order? I don't know how much more speedier I needed to be to cancel. They should have just canceled all shipments and provided all refunds instead of letting these go out.

I am completely frustrated right now.

Maybe I'll order a Dyson and they'll send me a Hoover.

clydeml

jji272 wrote:What did they say? Are they truly shipping first gen Babis in place of nabi 2s?

He told me that they use Amazon fulfillment and that they are trying to stop orders, but because Amazon is working 24/7 many have already gone. When they posted yesterday that these were indeed NAVI-2, they had verified that with their vendor, only to find out later that the vendor had mis-lead them. I know that sounds like pandering, but I was on the phone with him for about 20 minutes and he did not try to dance around any of my questions.

mattkeithley

clydeml wrote:He told me that they use Amazon fulfillment and that they are trying to stop orders, but because Amazon is working 24/7 many have already gone. When they posted yesterday that these were indeed NAVI-2, they had verified that with their vendor, only to find out later that the vendor had mis-lead them. I know that sounds like pandering, but I was on the phone with him for about 20 minutes and he did not try to dance around any of my questions.

did you flat out ask him if there was a chance that they would honor the nabi2 listing by purchasing and shipping out nabi2's?

happycorie22

So, they really are only going to give the lesser product to a few people. Nice woot. What WONDERFUL business practices you have!

LowerLower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LowerLower

Working on a statement? They need to be working on either shipping the Nadi 2 OR immediate refunds. Heck if they need a week or two to get the stock in I'll wait. They should have had this "statement" up first thing this morning.

clydeml

mattkeithley wrote:did you flat out ask him if there was a chance that they would honor the nabi2 listing by purchasing and shipping out nabi2's?

Yes I did. They are trying to get some, but are not sure if they can or how many they can get. Bottom line some people may get them, some may not.

mattkeithley

clydeml wrote:Yes I did. They are trying to get some, but are not sure if they can or how many they can get. Bottom line some people may get them, some may not.

thanks.

billstew

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billstew

Woot FAQ, How can I track my order?
"... Do not email us the next day asking when your item will ship. Take a breath. Have a cup of coffee. Patience in all things, grasshopper."

In the 5 years that I have been a woot customer I have never had an item shipped the next day. Yes, I did go back through my email confirmations and shipping notifications to confirm (gmail search is pretty quick, you know).

The average for my orders is 2-4 days from order to shipment. There is no reason, even with an automated fulfillment system, that someone from woot couldn't get on the phone with the warehouse and tell them simply "don't put anything on the truck until we know what's going on."

I know you don't want to delay shipments in the holiday season, but you're still 4 weeks out from Christmas and a 3-4 hour delay while you sort out the issue and pull our these orders is not going to crush your system. And paying your warehouse staff some overtime to catch up would certainly cost you less than this fiasco is going to cost you on return shipments, restocking and not to mention lost customers.

I'm usually a pretty forgiving customer, understating that mistakes happen, especially with a long standing history with a company, like i have with Woot. But right now this mistake, and more importantly how it's being handled is extremely disappointing. If this is the direction woot will be heading under it's new management and new ownership, I'll be spending much less of my money here.

(for you wooters; don't post phone numbers, that is nearly always an immediate removal of your post on any forum for any reason.)

happycorie22

clydeml wrote:Yes I did. They are trying to get some, but are not sure if they can or how many they can get. Bottom line some people may get them, some may not.

That's such a load of crap. Is my money somehow different from someone else's? Is my business not worth as much to Woot as another persons? They shouldn't just "try" to fulfill orders, they should flat out do it. Every customer should be important.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I'd like to know, based on the earlier post from the Nabi-fan-site, how this "vendor" had access to that many 1st gen Nabis.

move along

mattkeithley

j5 wrote:I'd like to know, based on the earlier post from the Nabi-fan-site, how this "vendor" had access to that many 1st gen Nabis.

and why they were being sold for $129.

j5

billstew wrote:
In the 5 years that I have been a woot customer I have never had an item shipped the next day. Yes, I did go back through my email confirmations and shipping notifications to confirm (gmail search is pretty quick, you know).

I think it's new for the holiday season. I got shipping notifications on some things from the last Wootoff within 24 hours of order.

move along

j5

mattkeithley wrote:and why they were being sold for $129.

Welllll. Woot WAS selling refurbed Galaxy 2's for $20 more than you could get them for at Wal-Mart, so...

move along

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD

Hi - Darold here (you've seen my number posted a few times above). I've spoken to a few of you this morning and wanted to post here to apologize for this problem and to assure you that we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue. I've outlined the steps that we are taking this morning to stop these orders:

• Our inventory team is currently working to cancel all of these orders, if these orders were being fulfilled by us we could easily walk into the warehouse and stop the shipments. Because we use Amazon fulfillment services, your orders were sent in real time to the fulfillment centers to be processed and shipped. Since it is Christmas season, the fulfillment centers are working 24 hours and most orders have already been shipped.
  • Our next step is for our logistics team to work with FedEx, UPS and USPS to recall the shipments. These carriers are also working around the clock so we may not be able to stop many of the packages. For orders shipped by UPS and USPS, we likely won't be able to recall the orders because they don't have a recall mechanism.
  • If our efforts to cancel, stop and recall the orders fails then we will be issuing FedEx call tags which will allow you to return the Nabi more quickly and allow us to quickly credit everyone's cards.

If you're interested in how this happened - we had communications from our vendor telling us the product was the Nabi 2. Our buyer went into the sale and adjusted the specs accordingly and notified the moderation team to the change. That's why our moderaters were adamant about this being the Nabi 2 - they were communicating what they thought to be the truth. It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened and I understand everyone's frustrations.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

eraten

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eraten
clydeml wrote:He told me that they use Amazon fulfillment and that they are trying to stop orders, but because Amazon is working 24/7 many have already gone. When they posted yesterday that these were indeed NAVI-2, they had verified that with their vendor, only to find out later that the vendor had mis-lead them. I know that sounds like pandering, but I was on the phone with him for about 20 minutes and he did not try to dance around any of my questions.

Really? You couldn't have just read my post Post where I explained the exact same thing? You people need to calm down a bit and have more faith that it will be fixed. Using common sense is far better than jumping to radical conclusions.