wootswhats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootswhats
ricjudit2004 wrote:Help me how to buy this? Where is a link or something? Brand new to this! Ty

You can't purchase it because they don't have the product to sell. That's what people are talking about. The deal itself is sold out. But they told buyers they were selling the Nabi 2 but now say it's the older Nabi 1 but will not cancel orders. Be glad you missed the deal.

vkustowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkustowski

Its been 12 hours since we received "the email" Is Woot ever going to respond to any of us?? I am getting angrier by the minute. Most of us are hooked up to pretty large Mom boards who have a lot of buying power. Word of mouth is very powerful....just saying!

klav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klav

I just posted a message to nabi on ther FB to let them know about the scum here on Woot and how they are putting a black mark on there product! not nabis fault the scum at Woot!

klav

wootswhats wrote:I don't know what Nabis sell for at wholesale but it can't be that much over $129. I would think they would want to eat the cost to preserve their reputation. Really, how much do they spend on marketing to throw it away on something like this....

they retail for 199.00

klav

alanhwoot wrote:At this point they should probably just cancel and refund all orders and run it again with the correct description, rather than sort out who still wants it.

nooo I want my Nabi2 do not cancel mine until it's in my hands thanks

jfoust1776

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfoust1776

Feliz Nabi Gone....... Feliz Nabi Gone......

dfharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfharmon

I payed on Paypal. I disputed just in case. Either deliver the correct item for the sold price, or cancel orders. I don't want to return the item. That's additional hassle.

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley

i guess the admins are hoping this will just blow over.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
klav wrote:they retail for 199.00

We know that. The question (the post you replied to) was what is the WHOLESALE price? Meaning, many of us feel the proper business/PR decision would be for Woot to obtain more of the Nabi2's and send them to us (those of us who have completed orders and already paid for them) at (or possibly slightly below) THEIR cost, in order to make this right. It would be but a drop in the bucket of Woot's overall profits this year.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
mattkeithley wrote:i guess the admins are hoping this will just blow over.

It's ONLY 7:27am. They haven't even gotten into the office yet. Give them time to get there and (hopefully) have an urgent meeting to address this situation.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

wootswhats

Woot, I hope you have run this situation by your legal counsel. Depending on how this situation is handled, you could be opening yourself up to some significant penalties and fines under federal law. I hope the officers of the corporation are doing their homework.

(Not only can you not intentionally send people a product they didn't order, you also may not send them boxes of rocks - just in case that was your Plan B.)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ReginaFilangee wrote:It's ONLY 7:27am. They haven't even gotten into the office yet. Give them time to get there and (hopefully) have an urgent meeting to address this situation.

Yeah, I suspect TT (et. al.) need to keep mum until someone with authority can address the situation.

move along

jfoust1776

I would think that by now Amazon would be all over this and thinking about damage control!!! This issue has me questioning my relationship not only with Woot!, but also with Amazon!

wootswhats wrote:Woot, I hope you have run this situation by your legal counsel. Depending on how this situation is handled, you could be opening yourself up to some significant penalties and fines under federal law. I hope the officers of the corporation are doing their homework.

(Not only can you not intentionally send people a product they didn't order, you also may not send them boxes of rocks - just in case that was your Plan B.)

swhcadguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swhcadguy

I'm a Fan-a-Tech on Fuhu's nabi Tablet Facebook page. We were all concerned yesterday when we saw this initial posting and a number of us replied and commented that they were advertising for the original nabi Tablet (nabi 1). These comments where removed by the Admin staff when they confirmed that they were actually selling the nabi 2 Tablets.

The original nabi Tablet was sold exclusively through Toys R Us last Christmas and into early spring, until Fuhu ceased production of it and discontinued their contracts with Toys R Us. Toys R Us did not fulfill their contract agreements and never ordered enough product to fill the demand. Fuhu only kept enough stock to resolve any warranty related issues when and if they arose.

We brought this up yesterday behind the scenes with Fuhu and they've indicated that they did not sell off any overstock.

If it is the original nabi Tablet it should have been selling well below the $100 mark, as it is no longer in production and will not be receiving any further nabi OS updates from Fuhu. There is still online support. Remember Best Buy had the new tablet on sale on Black Friday for an amazing $129.

So Woot may still be screwed up, as while the packaging is different from the original nabi Tablet and nabi 2 Tablet, the nabi 2 box does not say nabi 2 Tablet on it, it just says nabi Tablet.

My blog post shows you what the nabi 2 Tablet packaging and tablet should look like, so God willing, this is what is being shipped to everyone. If the packaging does not look like what is shown in the first two images or there is not grid on the back. Ship it back to Woot, as it is an original nabi Tablet.
http://everythingnabi.blogspot.ca/2012/07/spreading-its-wings-nabi-2-tablet-open.html

The nabi 2 Tablet is awesome with specs that match and in some cases beat the Nexus 7 (Micro SD Card slot and Mini HDMI out).

We hope you all get what you ordered and are able to join our great community!
http://www.nabitablet.com/

Fan-a-Tech Scott

dteubner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dteubner
So Woot may still be screwed up, as while the packaging is different from the original nabi Tablet and nabi 2 Tablet, the nabi 2 box does not say nabi 2 Tablet on it, it just says nabi Tablet.

Fan-a-Tech Scott

I was wondering about this myself--thought it was really odd that no stores (other than a couple of individual sellers on eBay) offer the 1st gen version, yet Woot had a whole bunch of them to sell? I'm hoping they are coming up with an inventive way of saying..."Na, just kidding...we wouldn't do that to ya." Although I already bought a replacement at RadioShack so will have to return one or the other--I'd prefer to return the more expensive one!

bksab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bksab

Wow very impressed with Nabi support! Thanks for the tips! Take note Woot this is what customer service looks like.

swhcadguy wrote:I'm a Fan-a-Tech on Fuhu's nabi Tablet Facebook page. We were all concerned yesterday when we saw this initial posting and a number of us replied and commented that they were advertising for the original nabi Tablet (nabi 1). These comments where removed by the Admin staff when they confirmed that they were actually selling the nabi 2 Tablets.

The original nabi Tablet was sold exclusively through Toys R Us last Christmas and into early spring, until Fuhu ceased production of it and discontinued their contracts with Toys R Us. Toys R Us did not fulfill their contract agreements and never ordered enough product to fill the demand. Fuhu only kept enough stock to resolve any warranty related issues when and if they arose.

We brought this up yesterday behind the scenes with Fuhu and they've indicated that they did not sell off any overstock.

My blog post shows you what the nabi 2 Tablet packaging and tablet should look like, so God willing, this is what is being shipped to everyone. If the packaging does not look like what is shown in the first two images or there is not grid on the back. Ship it back to Woot, as it is an original nabi Tablet.
http://everythingnabi.blogspot.ca/2012/07/spreading-its-wings-nabi-2-tablet-open.html

The nabi 2 Tablet is awesome with specs that match and in some cases beat the Nexus 7 (Micro SD Card slot and Mini HDMI out).

Fan-a-Tech Scott

swhcadguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swhcadguy
bksab wrote:Wow very impressed with Nabi support! Thanks for the tips! Take note Woot this is what customer service looks like.

Thanks!

The Fan-a-Techs are a small group of volunteer parents that help out on the nabi Tablet Facebook page providing timely support in conjunction with the nabi Cares Support team.

jfoust1776

You Sir may have saved Nabi's reputation over this! Woot! has yet to show their hand.

swhcadguy wrote:Thanks!

The Fan-a-Techs are a small group of volunteer parents that help out on the nabi Tablet Facebook page providing timely support in conjunction with the nabi Cares Support team.

j5

jfoust1776 wrote:You Sir may have saved Nabi's reputation over this! Woot! has yet to show their hand.

What does Nabi have to do with all this? Why would their reputation be in jeopardy?

move along

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

I bought 2 of these from Amazon at $199. Yesterday, when I saw Woot offering it for $129, I contacted Amazon and asked them to meet Woot's price. They refused. I told them that didn't make sense since they own Woot but never the less they said NO. I went to Woot and ordered 2 Nabi2s. Amazon sent me return labels and waived the restocking fee. Thank goodness I did not return them yet since Woot majorly screwed up. I am so pissed off right now. How in the world could you make that big of a screw-up Woot??? Very disappointed. You should make this right even if it costs you. This is no way to run a business and I agree it's a bait and switch. Sell me one thing and ship me another...really??

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
j5 wrote:What does Nabi have to do with all this? Why would their reputation be in jeopardy?

Agree! This is in no way Nabi's fault and does not reflect poorly on them. This is clearly a Woot issue and indeed reflects poorly on Woot.

GRobl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

Why havent we heard anything yet? Not one reply to this horribly wrong way to run a business.

Come on Woot, tell us you are in talks with your parent company and sending us what we bought.

dfharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfharmon
tomspc wrote:Agree! This is in no way Nabi's fault and does not reflect poorly on them. This is clearly a Woot issue and indeed reflects poorly on Woot.

No, it's not Nabi's fault, nor should it reflect poorly upon them. That said, it would be a huge PR boost if they honor the price. Besides, there are a lot of accessories to be bought!

j5

GRobl wrote:Why havent we heard anything yet? Not one reply to this horribly wrong way to run a business.

Come on Woot, tell us you are in talks with your parent company and sending us what we bought.

Someone is walking to the warehouse (assuming these are warehoused and not drop shipped from some supplier) to open a box and verify what's in it.
(I'm only partially joking)

move along

chris626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris626
j5 wrote:Someone is walking to the warehouse (assuming these are warehoused and not drop shipped from some supplier) to open a box and verify what's in it.
(I'm only partially joking)

They are probably all working hard getting them shipped out so they can say oh sorry they are already shipped lol

philosopherott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott

Wow I understand your anger folks but, as a long time wooter I am sure they will make this right just like the HP tablet debacle. It is not even standard office hours in Texas, calm down and have a little faith in a company that has pretty excellent customer service and a huge community base to back it.

clydeml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydeml
philosopherott wrote:Wow I understand your anger folks but, as a long time wooter I am sure they will make this right just like the HP tablet debacle. It is not even standard office hours in Texas, calm down and have a little faith in a company that has pretty excellent customer service and a huge community base to back it.

Actually Woot's office hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm according to their automated email responses. It is 8:43 in Texas right now.

GRobl

Has anybody called and spoke to somebody yet? I'm going to call in a few min. and will post back what they said.

lcbstl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcbstl

I have tried to call as well. Don't worry, they won't answer anyway.

wootswhats

I just received a response to an inquiry I made way back when I first ordered. The response was the party line "We're shipping them and too bad for you." (paraphrased, of course.). They are there.

happycorie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycorie22

Oh lovely, mine is in transit already. This has to be the fastest shipping Woot! has ever done.

chris626

wootswhats wrote:I just received a response to an inquiry I made way back when I first ordered. The response was the party line "We're shipping them and too bad for you." (paraphrased, of course.). They are there.

I would say they are going with the, if we ignore them they will go away response.

Do they think its any better for them to just ignore us, atleast give us a message saying they are working on canceling them or working on replacing them with the 2's

jji272

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jji272

Mine has not been fulfilled as of yet, don't bother putting it on the truck if it isn't two nabi2's Woot!

harrisoniris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrisoniris

Unbelievable that this would be posted knowing it is a LIE! Everyone should get their money refunded immediately for this major screw up! If they do not let you cancel, dispute the charge with your credit card company!

frenchbreakfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenchbreakfast

The two I ordered already shipped. I also got a response to an email I sent with a link to print a return label. This is simply terrible customer service.

eraten

quality posts: 12 Private Messages eraten
chris626 wrote:I would say they are going with the, if we ignore them they will go away response.

Do they think its any better for them to just ignore us, atleast give us a message saying they are working on canceling them or working on replacing them with the 2's

I think since this is your first day here, with only one woot and all, you'll come to realize Woot has an amazing customer service reputation. We can all assume that they are working hard to fix this situation. Just hang on a little bit longer, they have never ignored any situation, especially one as serious as this.

happycorie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycorie22

Now I'm even more confused. This is from an email that Woot just sent to me:
Hey happycorie22,

Remember your order of one NABI2 7" Touchscreen Android Tablet for Kids-NABI2NV7A- (New) from Kids.Woot on Monday, November 26, 2012?

We did, and that order is now on its way to ...

So, if it's the 1st gen Nabi, why are they still calling it the Nabi2?

GRobl

just got my email stating that the NABI2 has shipped. Great!! Way to fix your mess. Just ship them out and screw over your customers.....

jfoust1776

I was referring to some of the post where people were so frustrated that they decided to find other products to meet their Christmas needs. I understand that Nabi has nothing to do with this error, but people responded very emotionally to this, and are looking to be upset at all entities involved.

j5 wrote:What does Nabi have to do with all this? Why would their reputation be in jeopardy?

chris626

jfoust1776 wrote:I was referring to some of the post where people were so frustrated that they decided to find other products to meet their Christmas needs. I understand that Nabi has nothing to do with this error, but people responded very emotionally to this, and are looking to be upset at all entities involved.

Well i told ya they were all working overtime in the wharehouse getting these shipped out before they could cancel them for us