GRobl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

Did we all get screwed? Why isn't there more people here casseroleing? I would think we would be 10 pages deep by now. I got a feeling they over sold and some are getting the 2's and the rest get the left over 1's.

pcmooney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcmooney

I heard that Amazon was going to step up and settle this with the correct Nabi 2 shipped to us.

I kid, I kid - was thinking real world damage control. I really don't want them at all now from WOOT. Not the original or Nabi 2.

Posting to http://www.facebook.com/woot my thoughts.

wootswhats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootswhats

@GRobi - Good point. I love a good conspiracy theory. Makes as much sense as anything. Maybe it's a ploy to get people to cancel orders and be "happy" about it when they finally agree to cancel them.

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
GRobl wrote:Did we all get screwed? Why isn't there more people here casseroleing? I would think we would be 10 pages deep by now. I got a feeling they over sold and some are getting the 2's and the rest get the left over 1's.

one would think that if they stockpiled the 1's, there would be a crap ton of people on here complaining. i bet what you're saying is correct. probably just a hand full of 2's and quite a few 1's.

chris626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris626
mattkeithley wrote:one would think that if they stockpiled the 1's, there would be a crap ton of people on here complaining. i bet what you're saying is correct. probably just a hand full of 2's and quite a few 1's.

Amazon has more 2's so they need to make it right even if its at a loss

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

If it makes anyone feel better, Best Buy pulled mine out of my shopping cart as I was keying in my credit card info.

move along

chris626

j5 wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, Best Buy pulled mine out of my shopping cart as I was keying in my credit card info.

I would rather them do that then take the order and then tell us it isnt what we ordered, after they already assured us it was what we were ordering

pcmooney

chris626 wrote:I would rather them do that then take the order and then tell us it isnt what we ordered, after they already assured us it was what we were ordering

And have the cajones to ship them!

wootswhats

chris626 wrote:Amazon has more 2's so they need to make it right even if its at a loss

I don't know what Nabis sell for at wholesale but it can't be that much over $129. I would think they would want to eat the cost to preserve their reputation. Really, how much do they spend on marketing to throw it away on something like this....

jandyprall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandyprall

The point is that Woot is letting conspiracy theories flourish because they are not out ahead of this issue. Their sorry e-mail contained no explanation of what really happened, leaving us all to wonder. With the lack of transparency, they are leaving the door open to all conspiracy theories, even though most are unlikely to be true.

There's no damage control at all here.

wootswhats wrote:@GRobi - Good point. I love a good conspiracy theory. Makes as much sense as anything. Maybe it's a ploy to get people to cancel orders and be "happy" about it when they finally agree to cancel them.

chris626

jandyprall wrote:The point is that Woot is letting conspiracy theories flourish because they are not out ahead of this issue. Their sorry e-mail contained no explanation of what really happened, leaving us all to wonder. With the lack of transparency, they are leaving the door open to all conspiracy theories, even though most are unlikely to be true.

There's no damage control at all here.

There idea of damage control is wait till closing send the email out and go home and say screw you guys

sphervey

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sphervey
wootswhats wrote:I don't know what Nabis sell for at wholesale but it can't be that much over $129. I would think they would want to eat the cost to preserve their reputation. Really, how much do they spend on marketing to throw it away on something like this....

AMEN!

j2kent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j2kent
ThunderThighs wrote:

OK WE'RE STARTING OVER

I've now been told that this is indeed the

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

I've already asked CS to confirm all requests for cancellations.

I'm going to delete a bunch of posts so this thread makes sense.

Then I'm going to open a bottle of wine.

I looked up the model number online, then see this post 'confirming' that I was buying the Nabi 2. Then! Find out it's the older Nabi 1. Woot, I feel cheated I really just want my money back not something I didn't pay for.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

At this point they should probably just cancel and refund all orders and run it again with the correct description, rather than sort out who still wants it.

jji272

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jji272

This was my first and last order from woot. I am so disgusted by their poor customer service. They should have figured out what they were selling before listing it. Now they are tying up $265 of my hard earned money because they can't figure out how to cancel an order they haven't even shipped. I will never order from them again and all of my friends will be told of my horrible experience with this site.

GRobl

The specs on the nabi-a don't even add up to a $130 tablet. You can get a $99 wally world tablet with twice the specs as a nabi-a. Still upset, going to lose sleep over this.

Thanks

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
GRobl wrote:The specs on the nabi-a don't even add up to a $130 tablet. You can get a $99 wally world tablet with twice the specs as a nabi-a. Still upset, going to lose sleep over this.

Thanks

this goes back to your theory that they oversold. the fact of the matter is, the entire listing was wrong...including the price. no one wants, or would buy, a nabi1 for $129. the $129 is the black friday price for the nabi2 and i bet you that's what they oversold, like you said.

wootswhats

I'm on a pretty high traffic mommy's board and people are talking about this since several members purchased. Crazy way to do business.

Now that it's still posted against my account and presumably will be for a few weeks, I want the product I ordered. Had they canceled this morning, I'd be disappointed but okay. But that it's gone a day and no resolution - I want the product that was advertised.

LowerLower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LowerLower
brentdeb wrote:Dang it I waited in line at Walmart for two hours for this same price... Ugh. I should have known to always trust in Woot! But this is a great buy. I researched other kid friendly tablets before my purchase. The specs are equivalent to the Google Nexus 7 8gb.

So much for "trusting in Woot"... Thieves!

jandyprall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandyprall

By the way, Woot has a rating of "F" from the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/internet-shopping/woot-in-carrollton-tx-90017163

Additional complaints can be filed here.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
GRobl wrote:The specs on the nabi-a don't even add up to a $130 tablet. You can get a $99 wally world tablet with twice the specs as a nabi-a. Still upset, going to lose sleep over this.

Thanks

Yep...that's why I posted earlier that a $10 credit wouldn't even make a dent in the price difference between a 1 and a 2.
Although the 1 was described, the specs ON THE SAME PAGE matched the 2. Moreover, the list price was shown as $199.99---which is the actual normal list price for the NabiTWO. The normal list price for the NabiONE (if that's what they were selling) would/should have been MUCH less now that the newer version is out. The old and the new would never be the same price.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

vkustowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkustowski

This was my first Woot. I was telling so many people today how excited I was and was going to start shopping with you more often. Now I'm not so sure. Words can't explain how furious I am. I was so happy this morning that I was able to afford 2 Nabi 2's for my kids. My heart dropped when I read the email. I let other deals go today on other tablets. Like everyone else I am on a budget and with my money being held up not sure what I am going to do. The kicker it still reads Nabi 2 in the "Stuff you Bought". You are a large business, you made a HUGE mistake and make good on your mistake. A $10 credit doesn't cut it.

wootswhats

Someone on one of my mommy's boards says she hasn't received an e-mail from Woot which lends credence to the theory that it's an over sale or otherwise calculated situation.

xiona25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xiona25

the model number listed on woot is the same as the nabi2. Can we say advertising. And why are they not able to cancel an order that hasn't shipped?!

iloveprater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveprater

I want my nabi 2's I ordered make it right woot its your mess up not mine.

xiona25

wootswhats wrote:Someone on one of my mommy's boards says she hasn't received an e-mail from Woot which lends credence to the theory that it's an over sale or otherwise calculated situation.

I emailed them to ask and that's when I got the email.

correction, I assumed that's why they emailed, but it might have just been they were going to send that email anyways.

LowerLower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LowerLower

All this talk about spec and pictures not matching for us is kind of bunk. I'll fully admit to knowing very little about tablets other than our son is begging for this Nabi 2. So after missing a couple of BF deals we were happy to see Woot offering the Nabi 2 (that is what it said in the title) at the same price we missed on BF. So we hurriedly laid down our hard earned cash. Even got a an order confirmation email thanking us for purchasing the "NABI2". So just like many we are now sitting here in total shock wondering how this happened, how we are now going to afford another NABI 2 since Woot now has our money and if our son will get what he's been begging for for months now. Please Woot, the right tablet or the right thing (immediate refunds).

melissawells08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissawells08

I am so angry. Just received an email, about my
Purchase of the nabi was the wrong one.
Do they understand this was a cyber sale
I have no one to take my call. It's cyber Monday
And no one is answering my call.
And now I can't get this good deal anywhere
Else. I think this is very unprofessional.
How could a mistake as big as this go
Unnoticed? I want an answer immediately.
I want a call an email. One hour before
Midnight and I get an email now, stating
The screw up, really crediting me 10.00
On my account how is that gonna help. I am
70.00 out of pocket. Now I have to pay over 200.00 to buy this else where, you are losing
A long time customer.
One very sad mother!!!

xiona25

either send us what we purchased a Nabi 2 or cancel the order...

wootswhats

Woot woot! Come out and play! We know you're out there! You were last night. Why so shy tonight? Are the big bosses snuggled all in their beds with visions of sugar plums dancing in their possibly over inflated heads? Why not come support your folks in the trenches?

sometimesido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sometimesido

The Woot that stole Christmas! I have my kids entire Christmas gift budget tied up in 3 of these things... nearly $400. Am I supposed to wrap that $10 credit and put it under the tree? ... and why wait until the END of Cyber Monday to let everyone know?! AFTER your offices have closed.

Refund our money immediately, or send us what you sold us!

pcmooney

Sometimes what's right is right. Send us the Nabi 2 or forget my endorsements on Facebook, at work, to family, everyone. Negative words and recommendations will be spilled.

frenchbreakfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenchbreakfast

Frankly, this is unacceptable. Woot needs to do the right thing and send us the Nabi 2. End of discussion.

wootswhats

So glad that Woot can sleep while the rest of us lay awake worrying about Christmas for our families.

clydeml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydeml
pcmooney wrote:Not sure if good idea but be polite with the messages people.

Yes, by all means. Be polite, but call and let them no that this is not expectable. Remember you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
pcmooney wrote:Not sure if good idea but be polite with the messages people.

Yes.....PLEASE be polite. I simply calmly explained who I was, how long I've been a loyal customer, and pled on behalf of others who have more money tied up inaccessible to them while Woot's current plan is implemented. I asked him to consider a different solution, in an effort to satisfy their customers, both old-timers like me and new alike.
I encourage everyone to call....now would be a good time, in fact, so that they'll arrive in the morning to a LOT of messages. Just please resist the urge to yell, scream, or accuse them of anything underhanded. Personally, I don't think that's what this was. Mistakes happen, and I believe that's all this was. But there IS a much better business solution than the crumbs we have been tossed.

I hope that the current Woot administration will remember what built this company up from 2 friends in a garage into what it was when Amazon bought it, and respond accordingly.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

GRobl

Adding another conspiracy to the list. A bigwig at amazon found out that Woot was selling a tablet better than theirs and cheaper and they were told to pull it.

You can't assure the world that what you are selling is right. Then send out a lesser model for the same price. Say your sorry and give a $10 coupon code. It's like going to Ford and ordering a 2012 V8 Mustang and when the dealer calls when it comes in they tell you that they screwed up and you get a 2011 V6 and their sorry so they give you a free tank of gas.

wootswhats

I also sent a reply to the notification e-mail. From a legal perspective I wanted to be sure that I notified them that I do not agree to any proposed changes or modifications to our contract.

ricjudit2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricjudit2004

I am very confused new user! How can I buy this? Is it really $129.99 right now??? Please help me ladies and gentlemen!!! Ty

ricjudit2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricjudit2004
mattkeithley wrote:oh hell yes...purchased!!

Help me how to buy this? Where is a link or something? Brand new to this! Ty