zontor


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zontor

Nice Woot - you delete my post - which, according to the email people are getting turned out to be correct.

Major screw up? How about two of them on this product.

Leave me alone

kathym9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathym9

Not a happy customer. Yes, mistakes do happen but as many have pointed out having $129+ tied up while we wait to receive the wrong tablet that was initially the "right" tablet only to be the wrong tablet again will hurt a lot of families.

The fact that this was confirmed by staff to be the Nabi 2, the SKU shows Nabi 2, and the price point makes sense for it to be the Nabi 2 based on past deals made this all the more misleading.

Mistakes like this are what lose customers, and quick.

chris626


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris626
kathym9 wrote:Not a happy customer. Yes, mistakes do happen but as many have pointed out having $129+ tied up while we wait to receive the wrong tablet that was initially the "right" tablet only to be the wrong tablet again will hurt a lot of families.

The fact that this was confirmed by staff to be the Nabi 2, the SKU shows Nabi 2, and the price point makes sent for it to be the Nabi 2 based on past deals made this all the more misleading.

Mistakes like this are what lose customers, and quick.



Maybe we should form a lawsuit

oomellieoo22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oomellieoo22

So first I order the Nabi thinking it's the 2nd gen. I then see the message that it's Nabi 1st gen so I send an email requesting the cancel unless it's 2nd gen. Then their was the update confirming it's 2nd gen and I send another email asking that they confirm it's 2nd gen and keep my order if so. I then get an email confirming they canceled my Nabi. Now I'm frustrated as I wanted it if it was 2nd gen. I sent another message explaining the situation hoping they would re-instate my order. Later tonight I get an email saying they made a mistake, but now they say their sending me the 1st gen and i'll need to mail it back? This is after they said it was canceled and reversed? So confused!

Email from Woot"
"Woot here to let you know about a major screw-up on our part. There's pretty much no sugar-coating this one.

The NABI tablet listed on our site as the 2nd generation model, the NABI2-NV7A, was actually the 1st generation model, the NABI-A. The differences include a lower resolution, less storage space, an older processor, less RAM, and more. You can see them spelled out here:

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
kathym9 wrote:Not a happy customer. Yes, mistakes do happen but as many have pointed out having $129+ tied up while we wait to receive the wrong tablet that was initially the "right" tablet only to be the wrong tablet again will hurt a lot of families.

The fact that this was confirmed by staff to be the Nabi 2, the SKU shows Nabi 2, and the price point makes sent for it to be the Nabi 2 based on past deals made this all the more misleading.

Mistakes like this are what lose customers, and quick.



That, and even the confirmation email I got this morning for my order specified that it was the 2...not the one. *sigh*
Glad I didn't call my sis and get her all excited as I was that she and her little ones would be getting this on Christmas morning.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
chris626 wrote:Maybe we should form a lawsuit


LOL. I hope you meant that w/ tongue in cheek, as there would be no basis for such an extreme measure.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

hal2814


quality posts: 3 Private Messages hal2814

I'm still confused! LoL. I was sad when I came back a few hours ago to see that it was the 2 and that it was now sold out. But now it says it really was the one?

heathergeorge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages heathergeorge

This was my first time ordering from Woot and I ordered 3 for my 3 kids so that means I have about $450 tied up with y'all. That is NOT okay!!! And the cherry on top you wait til the end of Cyber Monday to correct your information. Woot pretty much guaranteed that I will now have to pay full price for Nabi 2 tablets since all the sales are over. The $10 coupon that you offered on a future order is a joke considering the fact that you now have a $450 interest free loan courtesy of me.

chris626


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris626
ReginaFilangee wrote:LOL. I hope you meant that w/ tongue in cheek, as there would be no basis for such an extreme measure.



All the hassle they are putting us through, and then shippign the things instead of just canceling and refunding our money.

What they are reall up to is hoping alot of people will just keep them and not bother sending them back

Smitty7831


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Smitty7831

Emailed customer service and got a reply back that they are closed until tomorrow.

I had already purchased one of these at BB for more money that my wife was on her way to return when I got the "Oops" email. Really can't afford to have 2 tablets on my account right now. Hopefully they will be able to cancel these (since they haven't even shipped yet!) or I might have to stop payment with my bank.

What a pain.

heathergeorge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages heathergeorge
ReginaFilangee wrote:LOL. I hope you meant that w/ tongue in cheek, as there would be no basis for such an extreme measure.



Actually Regina that is bait and switch which is illegal. If you purchase one thing and they send you another item that is not what you purchased, you can in fact form a lawsuit. The factb that it would cost you more in legal fees than the tablet is worth makes it a ridiculous idea.

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

I just thought....

Poor TT. I can't imagine how bad she's going to feel when she comes on duty later tonight and sees what this mess turned into, simply because she passed along information she was TOLD. She handled the thread in a good way considering that information, which she was told was correct. Let's everyone please remember to not take it out on her. It's not her fault. Let's tar and feather the SOB who gave her the wrong information.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
heathergeorge wrote:Actually Regina that is bait and switch which is illegal. If you purchase one thing and they send you another item that is not what you purchased, you can in fact form a lawsuit. The factb that it would cost you more in legal fees than the tablet is worth makes it a ridiculous idea.

Nothing about this situation qualifies as bait and switch. They offered a refund/refusal of delivery, plus an extra $10 (not enough $, imo, but still something they didn't HAVE to do.) The description was for the Nabi1, not Nabi2. Only a small percentage of purchasers ever even look at the comments thread.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

macmail71


quality posts: 0 Private Messages macmail71

Regina - The item number was for a Nabi 2,my confirmation was for a Nabi 2. Customers should not have to go line through line at the specs of a product to see if their advertising matches the product number. Sounds to me like Woot has you on their payroll!! This is certainly worth a call to the BBB!

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
heathergeorge wrote:This was my first time ordering from Woot and I ordered 3 for my 3 kids so that means I have about $450 tied up with y'all. That is NOT okay!!! And the cherry on top you wait til the end of Cyber Monday to correct your information. Woot pretty much guaranteed that I will now have to pay full price for Nabi 2 tablets since all the sales are over. The $10 coupon that you offered on a future order is a joke considering the fact that you now have a $450 interest free loan courtesy of me.


I feel your pain.

I am just as disappointed as you, although I don't have as much $$$ tied up in this snafu as you do.

Bad to happen to any of us, but especially on your first Woot. I don't work for them, but please mouse over my name, and you'll see how many things I've bought from them, and for how many years. Although things have changed since Snapster left, this is the first time I've ever seen anything this bad happening. They are (or at least were, for many many years) a good, decent company with excellent customer service despite plainly saying upfront (in the What is Woot link) that they aren't.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

artesterman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages artesterman

Did anyone else get an email saying they made a mistake and this will actually be the original Nabi not the Nabi 2? I am not a happy camper right now. This was my first experience with Woot and now it will be my last.

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
macmail71 wrote:Regina - The item number was for a Nabi 2,my confirmation was for a Nabi 2. Customers should not have to go line through line at the specs of a product to see if their advertising matches the product number. Sounds to me like Woot has you on their payroll!! This is certainly worth a call to the BBB!


Hey, I got screwed over in this deal, too! Read my posts from this morning if you don't believe me. I got the "oops" email tonight, as well.

ETA: If I worked for them, why did I suggest that they sell the NabiTWO to those of us who have order confirmations at a LOSS to them as a means of good faith?

I miss Snapster, *sniff*...and the old (pre-Amazon buyout) days.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

GRobl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

This is complete and utter BS. Woot you have enough money to send us what you sold us. Get us what we ordered and not try to scam us in to some outdated POS tablet. You have no clue how happy I was this morning when I seen this. Not the first time you f'ed up my day, but it will be the last.

klav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klav

I too have money tied up in this when I could have gotten it from Best Buy for the same price or less and now I have my 260.00 tied up waiting for it to be given back. This is unacceptable the add clearly stated a nabi 2 and the price was for the Nabi2 not a nabi 1 which there is no way I would have paid 130.00 for a nabi 1. really just admit you ran out and over sold the product and now your hoping people will cancel!! and you can take youe 10.00 coupon and shove it where the sun don't shine because you have definately lost me as a customer I will not return less you make this right! and to send the email out at 7:30 you coward!!

jfoust1776


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfoust1776

I think the real issue is how they are handling their mistake. They need to simply cancel the orders based upon customer request - no harm, no foul. Shipping the item(s) and having to issue a return label is not good customer service. It was an honest mistake - don't make two mistakes. Shame on Woot!

macmail71


quality posts: 0 Private Messages macmail71

What a complete disappointment to come home and received this very delayed email stating they sold us the wrong item. An "oops" with a $10 coupon doesn't cut it.

But as Regina said, " They are (or at least were, for many many years) a good, decent company with excellent customer service despite plainly saying upfront (in the What is Woot link) that they aren't. "

I am sure they will do the right thing and get us the product they advertised! ;)

mainesrd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mainesrd

I was so excited to get these tablets for my grandkids. My daughter is in the Air Force and was recently transfered to Alaska. They are driving from SC to Fairbanks with 3 boys ages 6 to 2. These were bought to keep them entertained on the way. Now my plan is totally screwed and I have 260 bucks tied up in worthless units. Very dissapointed in Woot with this one. The best possible outcome would be for them to bite the bullet, and send us the units we purchased, not put loyal customers thought the aggrivation of floating the cost until we can return something we did not intend to purchase. FAIL!

jandyprall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandyprall

Completely inadequate and FAILED response by Woot. Woot clearly does not recognize what a big mistake this is. They need to go into crisis mode, have 24/7 customer service until it all gets rectified, do whatever it takes to stop the shipments before they go out to folks, post an apology and complete explanation as a press release on their website.

Instead they send a late 7:11 p.m. OOPS e-mail (no explanation of what happened) with a stupid $10 coupon. Someday business students will be using this as a case study of what NOT to do in response to a mistake.

Woot is going to lose a lot of customers with both the mistake and the completely weak response. It is a good time for Woot's "deal a day" competitors to step in and fill the void.

mainesrd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mainesrd
klav wrote:I too have money tied up in this when I could have gotten it from Best Buy for the same price or less and now I have my 260.00 tied up waiting for it to be given back. This is unacceptable the add clearly stated a nabi 2 and the price was for the Nabi2 not a nabi 1 which there is no way I would have paid 130.00 for a nabi 1. really just admit you ran out and over sold the product and now your hoping people will cancel!! and you can take youe 10.00 coupon and shove it where the sun don't shine because you have definately lost me as a customer I will not return less you make this right! and to send the email out at 7:30 you coward!!



Spot on! This is just wrong!

gatorskin76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatorskin76

I made the mistake of telling my 4 year old daughter that "her" iPad was on the way and showed her the picture. Her favorite color is red, so she was really excited. Not sure what I am going to do now.

Twitchsd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twitchsd

This is a scam if I ever saw one, all the way from deleting the posts that told people it was a nabi version one to confirming from woots mouth it was a nabi version 2, down to the sending out an email 15 minutes after closing stating that it is on its way and you will have to refuse shipment or get a return label to send it back, I have bought from woot a lot and very rarely are my things shipped the same day usually several days to a week after and I immediately get a tracking number when that happens. So no woot my package is not on the way you just made a huge mistake and you are hoping this will cause more people to keep it. I am a long time wooter but this goes a little too far, keep your $10 code I don't think I will order again to even use it.

Woot List:
  • Pinnacle PCTV To Go HD Wireless
  • iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter
  • Delphi Skyfi2 XM Receiver with Boombox and Car Kit
  • InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 HD DLP Projector
  • Excalibur Plug and Play 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker
  • GN-Netcom GN6110 Bluetooth Headset
  • Logitech Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset
  • Saitek No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Poker 2-Pack
  • Saitek A-200 Portable 2.1 Speaker System
  • Prevention Wrist-Mounted Blood Pressure Monitor
  • tcoutts2511


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcoutts2511

    Please DO NOT ship the 2 (Nabi 1's) that I did not order, and refund my money, now!

    I cannot put my Christmas plans on hold waiting to for you to refund my money because you out and out LIED! I waited until your CSR verified that these were the Nabi 2 before I ordered them and then, a "oops! my bad" statement is supposed to make it alright? No, it is not alright for you to steal my money for a couple of weeks or more right in front of Christmas!!

    How can you justify holding my kids Christmas for ransom!

    I ordered two of them so should I expect to get $20 credit, since you are using my interest free loan for twice as much as a single purchase!!

    I hope you understand how disgusted I am with this purchase, and in Woot and Amazon's handling of the situation!

    Merry F%#king Christmas to you!

    nimda79


    quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79
    j5 wrote:The $129 price on the current model was a loss leader. Below cost.
    I can see Woot clearing house the first gen for not that big of a discount, it's what they do. Frankly, I was shocked to see a Gen 2 here so cheap and was convinced it would be indicative of the new going forward price for the device.



    Amazon, Best-Buy and Wal-Mart sold these for $130. I am not yet convienced that they would have tried to sell the older model on cyber Monday of all days for the same price. I will complain after I get the wrong product in my hand. If I don't get my 2 nabi 2's I ordered then I will be mad about the measly $10 off for my $265 that I am out' especially since it would cost me 400 + tax to get the items I wanted in the first place.

    Twitchsd


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twitchsd
    nimda79 wrote:Amazon, Best-Buy and Wal-Mart sold these for $130. I am not yet convienced that they would have tried to sell the older model on cyber Monday of all days for the same price. I will complain after I get the wrong product in my hand. If I don't get my 2 nabi 2's I ordered then I will be mad about the measly $10 off for my $265 that I am out' especially since it would cost me 400 + tax to get the items I wanted in the first place.



    How does a letter saying oops we are sending you the wrong tablet not convince you? Your really holding out hope that they sent this email by mistake? Hours after the woot deal ended? Isn't i more plausible that they realized what they did and they made a crappy decision to send you the wrong tablet anyways and then email you about it. Try living in reality.

    Woot List:
  • Pinnacle PCTV To Go HD Wireless
  • iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter
  • Delphi Skyfi2 XM Receiver with Boombox and Car Kit
  • InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 HD DLP Projector
  • Excalibur Plug and Play 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker
  • GN-Netcom GN6110 Bluetooth Headset
  • Logitech Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset
  • Saitek No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Poker 2-Pack
  • Saitek A-200 Portable 2.1 Speaker System
  • Prevention Wrist-Mounted Blood Pressure Monitor
  • clydeml


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydeml

    Very sad way to run a business. My suggestion is everyone post to Facebook, Twitter and all the online complaint boards. This would not be so bad, but on their own message board when questioned they said in fact it was second generation. Now everyone has money tied up. Like many other can't afford to wait for incompetent woot to pull their head out. I would also suggest, since woot is a Texas company, filing a complaint with the Texas State Attorney's office, either online or by calling (800) 621-0508.

    GRobl


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

    Woot all you have to do is make it right. Your parent company already sold the nabi2 at this price point. Get more and send them out. We wouldn't have even known the difference in the shipping time, as it takes you forever and a day to ship stuff as it is. I am so mad right now. I keep pacing in my kitchen wondering what I am going to do now. I don't have enough $$ to get the 2 at retail price and now I don't have the money I just spent on the 2 that is now a 1....

    mattkeithley


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
    mattkeithley wrote:oh hell yes...purchased!!



    just got the email stating that it's first generation nabi. very disappointed like everyone else. i think what disappoints me the most is that they're shipping out their mistake. i can guarantee you no one is going to keep the nabi1 and will most certainly request a refund but the fact that our money is tied up while all of this is going on is lunacy.

    Twitchsd


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twitchsd
    mattkeithley wrote:just got the email stating that it's first generation nabi. very disappointed like everyone else. i think what disappoints me the most is that they're shipping out their mistake. i can guarantee you no one is going to keep the nabi1 and will most certainly request a refund but the fact that our money is tied up while all of this is going on is lunacy.



    Just make sure to make them give you a shipping label instead of refusing shipment, that way it will cost them money, make them pay for our time.

    Woot List:
  • Pinnacle PCTV To Go HD Wireless
  • iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter
  • Delphi Skyfi2 XM Receiver with Boombox and Car Kit
  • InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 HD DLP Projector
  • Excalibur Plug and Play 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker
  • GN-Netcom GN6110 Bluetooth Headset
  • Logitech Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset
  • Saitek No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Poker 2-Pack
  • Saitek A-200 Portable 2.1 Speaker System
  • Prevention Wrist-Mounted Blood Pressure Monitor
  • jandyprall


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandyprall

    I agree...in situations like this, a business needs to demonstrate that they care about their customers by going "above and beyond" to correct the mistake.

    Woot's poor response demonstrates that they are not working late or going out of their way to make it right. They are sorely underestimating the magnitude of the error with their minimal response.

    mattkeithley wrote:just got the email stating that it's first generation nabi. very disappointed like everyone else. i think what disappoints me the most is that they're shipping out their mistake. i can guarantee you no one is going to keep the nabi1 and will most certainly request a refund but the fact that our money is tied up while all of this is going on is lunacy.



    bksab


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages bksab

    I am in the same boat and furious. I asked to cancel when first told it was the 1. Then, asked not to cancel when it was supposed to be back to the 2. I was under the impression woot customer support was supposed to verify with the customer. Then I get the we shipped the nabi 2. Return it if you like. Ok great I am getting what I ordered even if they didn't confirm as requested. Now it's back to sorry it's the 1 and we are keeping your money until you can return it! Not cool woot. Not cool at all.
    Another former customer

    GRobl


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

    Take your comments to http://www.facebook.com/woot a lot more people will see them.

    mattkeithley


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
    GRobl wrote:Take your comments to http://www.facebook.com/woot a lot more people will see them.



    done.

    nimda79


    quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79
    Twitchsd wrote:How does a letter saying oops we are sending you the wrong tablet not convince you? Your really holding out hope that they sent this email by mistake? Hours after the woot deal ended? Isn't i more plausible that they realized what they did and they made a crappy decision to send you the wrong tablet anyways and then email you about it. Try living in reality.



    After seeing it listed as nabi 2 then nabi 1 and then back to nabi 2 again, I am not trusting anything until I see it since they don't seem to know what they really have all day. That's
    my reality at this point.

    mattkeithley


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley
    nimda79 wrote:After seeing it listed as nabi 2 then nabi 1 and then back to nabi 2 again, I am not trusting anything until I see it since they don't seem to know what they really have all day. That's
    my reality at this point.


    lol touche

    wootswhats


    quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootswhats

    This is a pretty egregious situation. The model number issue came up as soon as the sale started. Woot had PLENTY of time overnight to investigate and cancel orders. They STILL have plenty of time to cancel orders on request or actually provide the product that they promised to buyers.

    Knowingly sending out the wrong product when customers have asked that it be canceled - and charging people - is illegal. And it's a terrible business practice. At the very least, Woot should not charge people until they have had a chance to return the products.

    To ship them out at this point is not a "good faith" error.