rdriese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdriese

I am sooooooo pissed off. I looked all throughout walmart on black friday and they sold out immediately. I called Best Buy and they confirmed they would have it on cyber monday for $129....its not. So I see this in the morning....before it sold out. Noticed the old lock screen and specs confirming android 2.2.1 and non-Tegra device and told my wife, naw this is the old Nabi they are trying to sell for same price as Nabi 2 was going for on Black Friday. Pass up. Come back later because was just curious and see specs updated, photo still wrong, and felt a violent fit of rage come across me.

As much as I have spent here....Woot should correct this for me.

Screw it. My niece is getting a Nexus 7.

gradecsmommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gradecsmommy

I am sooo mad I was checking out and it sold out!! Anyone know of any cyber Monday deals offering this price, please don't say you got the great deal on nd!

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

You see how much easier it is to sell something when you have an accurate description?

PS the tablet is showing the Froyo lock screen instead of the ICS one- so I assume that picture is wrong

StunGod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StunGod

That's what happened to me too. I was checking out and got the "sold out" page instead. Dammitsomuch.

Any of you kind, generous folks who got 3 willing to part with one of them?

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
rdriese wrote:I am sooooooo pissed off. I looked all throughout walmart on black friday and they sold out immediately. I called Best Buy and they confirmed they would have it on cyber monday for $129....its not. So I see this in the morning....before it sold out. Noticed the old lock screen and specs confirming android 2.2.1 and non-Tegra device and told my wife, naw this is the old Nabi they are trying to sell for same price as Nabi 2 was going for on Black Friday. Pass up. Come back later because was just curious and see specs updated, photo still wrong, and felt a violent fit of rage come across me.

Not only that, but there's STILL a discrepancy between the write-up (""-and thanks to her study of classic e-books on the 800x480 screen-") and the specs ("Enjoy movies and read e-books on the 1024 x 600 resolution screen").

Someone at woot dropped the ball. Even though TT tried to recover the fumble, the clock ran out. (Will someone PLEASE smack me and get all the football outta my head?!!!)

I'm glad I got one, but I feel your pain. Hopefully, Woot will be able to obtain more and make it right for some of you folks.
Or----maybe you could PM the poster above who is planning to return one to BB and see if you can work out a deal?

May the Crap be with you all!!!

dredcuz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dredcuz
rdriese wrote:I am sooooooo pissed off. I looked all throughout walmart on black friday and they sold out immediately. I called Best Buy and they confirmed they would have it on cyber monday for $129....its not. So I see this in the morning....before it sold out. Noticed the old lock screen and specs confirming android 2.2.1 and non-Tegra device and told my wife, naw this is the old Nabi they are trying to sell for same price as Nabi 2 was going for on Black Friday. Pass up. Come back later because was just curious and see specs updated, photo still wrong, and felt a violent fit of rage come across me.

As much as I have spent here....Woot should correct this for me.

Screw it. My niece is getting a Nexus 7.

Ditto. I passed on it earlier because it seemed like the info was incorrect and that the Gen 1 was being sold. Then came back later to look again only to find out the info was corrected and now sold out. Very disappointed with the mix up.

xarous

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xarous

Despite the issues with the description and write-up you can ALWAYS count on TT to do an amazing job for us.

/em hands ThunderThighs two more extension cords.

ReginaFilangee

bgbopper wrote:Here's a quick review and tour of the nabi 2 that I filmed moments ago just for you, wooters! It's about 6 minutes long.

Great Video. THANKS!!!! I've bookmarked the link to show to my sis on Christmas Eve so she'll be familiar with it. (I don't trust her not to rip into the pkg before the kids do and start playing with it herself if i show it to her sooner than that, lol---although I might have to test it out before I wrap it.)
Thanks again for that link/making the video!

swhcadguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swhcadguy
ThunderThighs wrote:

OK WE'RE STARTING OVER

I've now been told that this is indeed the

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

I've already asked CS to confirm all requests for cancellations.

I'm going to delete a bunch of posts so this thread makes sense.

Then I'm going to open a bottle of wine.

You might want to change the ads pictures then as they are for the original nabi Tablet.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

Awww, beans!

I missed it. I clicked on it this morning and saw it was the Nabi and moved on over to Slickdeals.net for Cyber Monday findings. I wish I had known it was the Nabi 2 or else I would have picked one up. Maybe next time!

I promise everyone that it is not worth getting upset over this. You are warm, well fed and on woot. You are blessed!

Suck it, Trebek.

redlyn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redlyn

So disappointed I didn't see this in time.... ugh. Wanting something like this for granddaughter. Still appreciate seeing the link showing how great this is!

wootswhats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootswhats

I just really, really hope that CS gets your note and doesn't process cancelations without confirming them. I sent a new note un- canceling my order but I will be so sad if my kiddies don't get these. Thanks for helping with this all night. You deserve that wine!

cotterpinx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cotterpinx

I don't have one of these yet (shipped, en route...), but did manage to score 2 for my girls from the BestBuy deal Thursday morning. (woo!) For those of you who are talking about waiting to open it -- I actually think you may NOT want to wait. There are a fair amount of things you may want to do ahead of time. I am planning to get these all set up for my girls ahead of time so when they open it, they'll already have each girl's appropriate age-level set and her favorite apps, etc. on it.

For tips and hints on how to set them up, I highly recommend checking out the Nabi facebook page. Both CS folks from Nabi as well as their volunteer "fan-a-techs" participate on that page and have a TON of good info. That is what pushed me off the fence to try to buy these -- the excellent support!

Also on the FB page they just announced the long awaited accessories for Nabi 2 will be available "for pre-order" on Nov 27. (on the Nabi site).

FB page: http://www.facebook.com/nabitablet

nimda79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79
ThunderThighs wrote:I sent an urgent message to CS requesting that they verify ALL cancellations.

ThunderThighs if this shipped so my kids get this for Christmas, I would suggest you setup a paypal thankyou account :D

kmiscon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmiscon

dang. i didn't even know this existed until i saw the woot! deal. and now it's too late. : (

globalgamble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages globalgamble

I passed b/c I thought was 1st gen - would have been in for 2 if I would have known 2nd gen.

bringitonhome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bringitonhome

Woot, please contact me if you get any additional stock for those folks who read every post last night and didn't purchase based on the wrong model info being posted. I really wanted this to be my kiddo's "big gift" for xmas. Doing an interstate move right after xmas (new employer not paying for it, btw) and this gift would lighten the load and entertain him both immediately, while his Wii is packed away, and for years afterward--in addition to allowing me sole use of my cell phone. Just a polite beg with a whimper attached. Also, I will wash your car and/or make you some fancy jam.

nimda79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79

I ordered mine at 12:30am and tried to cancel due to name change, then saw it was the Nabi 2 so wanted to undo my cancel. I feel better after I got this from woot:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

In an effort to streamline our shipping process, orders are now processed to ship much faster. As a result, unfortunately, we are unable to alter or cancel your order. Please understand this does not necessarily mean your order has shipped but rather that it has reached the point in processing where it is unable to be cancelled.

We understand this is an inconvenience so please email us once the order is received and a prepaid return label will be emailed to you for the unopened order.

If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us..

Woot Member Services,

Riley

Looks like I get to claim my tablet as mine again :D Thanks woot!

davegarri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davegarri
Smitty7831 wrote:I thought the NABI 2 had 8 GB of Flash Memory, but Woot's stats say 4 GB!?!?!?! Which is correct?

EXACTLY.... I didn't get it this morning, thinking it was the original Nabi;;;now I missed it!

jchkao1125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchkao1125

Too bad for the many of us who were looking to buy this last night. Woot listed the specs for the NABI 1 and the model # for the NABI 2...only to confirm that it was indeed the NABI 1. Then we all went to bed and woke up to find out that Woot messed up and that it was indeed the NABI 2 after all. Ugghh!! Sigh!! Oh well, I guess. Had to vent.

davegarri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davegarri
ThunderThighs wrote:

OK WE'RE STARTING OVER

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

I NEED 2 OF THESE FOR MY KIDS!! THE POST WAS FOR THE NABI NOT THE NABI2 SO I DID NOT ORDER, NOW I SEE IT IS FOR THE NABI2????!!

mochajavaman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mochajavaman
davegarri wrote:I NEED 2 OF THESE FOR MY KIDS!! THE POST WAS FOR THE NABI NOT THE NABI2 SO I DID NOT ORDER, NOW I SEE IT IS FOR THE NABI2????!!

Agreed! This is a SUPER PISSER as I was poised to buy last night the second this came live. And then WOOT (thunder thighs) confirmed that this was the NABI 1...so I did not order. Dammit Woot, this sux.

kschoenberg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kschoenberg

There's a setting to bypass the "kid mode" leaving you with a pure Android UI. You can also root the device if you like and install all of the standard Google Apps.

chan7781 wrote:I saw a Nabi 2 in Best Buy the other day. Was really impressed with the silicone bumper (wish there was something like that for my Nexus 7), but less so with the bastardised version of Android 4.0. I wonder if these have any sort of hacking community.

(I'm 20 and single and childless, so I was looking at it as a ruggedised tablet rather than a kids' tablet.)

drifterlilly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drifterlilly

ok...so I'm a little concerned, but just thinking *hoping* that things still haven't trickled down to support. I emailed immediately after ordering and hearing it was 1st generation to cancel my order...then when we updated to the Nabi 2 I emailed again and said wait! If it's 2nd generation I want it! Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

The product is the 1st generation unit.

In an effort to streamline our shipping process, orders are now processed to ship much faster. As a result, unfortunately, we are unable to alter or cancel your order. Please understand this does not necessarily mean your order has shipped but rather that it has reached the point in processing where it is unable to be cancelled.

We understand this is an inconvenience so please email us once the order is received and a prepaid return label will be emailed to you for the unopened order.

If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us..

Woot Member Services,

Riley

kdetamore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdetamore

I'm so confused....we ordered this after reading all these posts that it was the 2nd generation one and I just got back an email that I had written earlier and woot confirmed that it is a 1st generation. HELP!!!!

ThunderThighs wrote:

OK WE'RE STARTING OVER

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf
mochajavaman wrote:Agreed! This is a SUPER PISSER as I was poised to buy last night the second this came live. And then WOOT (thunder thighs) confirmed that this was the NABI 1...so I did not order. Dammit Woot, this sux.

ME TOO !!!
I was going to buy (2 for my 4 kids), then didn't since we were told it was the first Nabi, kept wanting it. No I come back, to get it nevertheless, WHAT !?!?!?, WHERE are they? AND WHAT, it was the Nabi2 !?!??!?
I am so .........

Woot, bring it back on!!

chris626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris626

So i guess it was the 1st generation nabi after all

Just got this email

Woot here to let you know about a major screw-up on our part. There's pretty much no sugar-coating this one.

The NABI tablet listed on our site as the 2nd generation model, the NABI2-NV7A, was actually the 1st generation model, the NABI-A. The differences include a lower resolution, less storage space, an older processor, less RAM, and more. You can see them spelled out here:
http://sale.images.woot.com/NABI.1vsNABI.2.pdf

First of all, we've credited your account with a $10 coupon. Enter the code WRONGTABLET at checkout for $10 off any Woot order.

Now, if you still want that tablet, do nothing. It's on the way. If you'd prefer a refund, either refuse delivery on the shipment or contact support@woot.com for a return label.

We're not sure how the wrong info slipped through onto the site. We hope it's not a huge headache for you. We're sincerely sorry about that -

Woot

chris626

chris626 wrote:So i guess it was the 1st generation nabi after all

Just got this email

Woot here to let you know about a major screw-up on our part. There's pretty much no sugar-coating this one.

The NABI tablet listed on our site as the 2nd generation model, the NABI2-NV7A, was actually the 1st generation model, the NABI-A. The differences include a lower resolution, less storage space, an older processor, less RAM, and more. You can see them spelled out here:

First of all, we've credited your account with a $10 coupon. Enter the code WRONGTABLET at checkout for $10 off any Woot order.

Now, if you still want that tablet, do nothing. It's on the way. If you'd prefer a refund, either refuse delivery on the shipment or contact support@woot.com for a return label.

We're not sure how the wrong info slipped through onto the site. We hope it's not a huge headache for you. We're sincerely sorry about that -

Woot

I will never deal with this company again.

First tell us its the 2 its pk to order, then get our money and tell us its actually the original

ReginaFilangee

kdetamore wrote:I'm so confused....we ordered this after reading all these posts that it was the 2nd generation one and I just got back an email that I had written earlier and woot confirmed that it is a 1st generation. HELP!!!!

If it turns out to be the 1st generation, I will RMA it the second it arrives, and hopefully have my card credited in time to find an alternative. Riley has always been an excellent CSR, ime, but I think he might be mistaken about which version this is. Since both BB and Amazon had the 2nd gen at this same price point, I seriously doubt Woot would sell the 1st gen for the same. If it were the 1st, I think they would have offered it for MUCH less than $130. Just my guess, tho.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Here comes the flood.

move along

dinki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinki

I don't mean to pile on as mistakes do happen, but why not give us the option to cancel the thing before you ship it? Now I have to go through the trouble of shipping it back and hope it doesn't get lost in transit? Just cancel the order. You probably won't ship it for a week anyway!

myschoenhals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myschoenhals

VERY disappointed in Woot. Looked at this early this morning and did not buy due to it clearly stating that this was gen 1! Just happened to look back at Woot this evening for the declaration/correction! WOW!

chris626

ReginaFilangee wrote:If it turns out to be the 1st generation, I will RMA it the second it arrives, and hopefully have my card credited in time to find an alternative. Riley has always been an excellent CSR, ime, but I think he might be mistaken about which version this is. Since both BB and Amazon had the 2nd gen at this same price point, I seriously doubt Woot would sell the 1st gen for the same. If it were the 1st, I think they would have offered it for MUCH less than $130. Just my guess, tho.

Well i just got that email directly from them telling me it is the 1 and i can either keep it or request a return label

ReginaFilangee

chris626 wrote:So i guess it was the 1st generation nabi after all

Just got this email

Woot

Well, that's disappointing to read.

While I commend Woot's willingness to admit to a MAJOR screw-up on their part and their willingness to "fix" it, I think a mere $10 coupon is insufficient. 2 major retailers (one of which is Woot's 'parent' company) offered the newer gen tablet at this same price. The difference between the 2 should be significantly more than a measly $10.

winli02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winli02

Not.happy. I mean, seriously....to delete posts to "clear things up" and insist it's the 2nd gen (three times, no less).

If the specs were even kinda close, no biggie but I did all my research on the nabi2. Is the 1st gen really as lousy as it sounds?

Arg!!!

chris626

winli02 wrote:Not.happy. I mean, seriously....to delete posts to "clear things up" and insist it's the 2nd gen (three times, no less).

If the specs were even kinda close, no biggie but I did all my research on the nabi2. Is the 1st gen really as lousy as it sounds?

Arg!!!

to top it all off instead of them just canceling the orders they are going to send them to us and we have to request a return label and send it back and then have them issue a refund. We we are out 100-over 300 depending on how many we purchased for atleast a couple weeks while all this takes place.

korn23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korn23

This is not the nabi 2 its in fact nabi 1. If you like at the model of nabi 2 the back button isn't on the right side its on the bottom. I thought I was getting the nabi 2 but realized it was a woot miss up. I can't cancel my order but I'm sending it back once I get it. I'm just going to fork out the extra 70 bucks and by the nabi 2.

ReginaFilangee

dinki wrote:I don't mean to pile on as mistakes do happen, but why not give us the option to cancel the thing before you ship it? Now I have to go through the trouble of shipping it back and hope it doesn't get lost in transit? Just cancel the order. You probably won't ship it for a week anyway!

Agreed! Not to mention that it's going to tie up everyone's money for at least a week, probably more. I can manage, but for a lot of people....that's a LOT of money to be without while trying to find an alternate gift. I know a LOT of people who live paycheck-to-paycheck and this means that they will essentially be unable to buy anything in replacement during that time.

Woot, can't y'all put your heads together and come up with a better solution? Even if it means buying enough Nabi2's to fill the orders made and forgoing any profit...or even taking a loss on this one product in good faith to your loyal, trusting customers? I can guarantee that if Woot were to do that (take a loss in order to fulfill the orders with the correct product), this would be a mistake that would NEVER occur again.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ReginaFilangee wrote:2 major retailers (one of which is Woot's 'parent' company) offered the newer gen tablet at this same price.

The $129 price on the current model was a loss leader. Below cost.
I can see Woot clearing house the first gen for not that big of a discount, it's what they do. Frankly, I was shocked to see a Gen 2 here so cheap and was convinced it would be indicative of the new going forward price for the device.

move along

korn23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korn23
ThunderThighs wrote:

OK WE'RE STARTING OVER
How do you know this is the nabi 2??

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

NAVI 2