dteubner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dteubner
BigD wrote:We are working on getting all the inventory and logistics details together and it will likely take us several more hours to get everything in place. It will likely be tomorrow morning before we get an official email out.

Great news! Thank you, and I look forward to that announcement:-) Big sigh of relief, because I really, really want to continue to believe that Woot! is crazy, cool, awesome:-)

frenchbreakfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenchbreakfast

YES!!!! Thank you, woot!

bksab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bksab

Yay Woot!

gatorskin76 wrote:agreed

LowerLower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LowerLower

Where there's a will there's a way! Thank you Woot for making good. Once I receive the confirmation email I will make sure and buy a couple more gifts to do my part in offsetting any expense you might have incurred in doing the right thing. And I will certainly continue to shop with you as I have since '06.

BigD wrote:Update: We have secured Nabi 2s for everyone and we'll be able to get them to you before Christmas. Please watch for an update here and by email (and put the pitchforks away :-)

sphervey

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sphervey
BigD wrote:Update: We have secured Nabi 2s for everyone and we'll be able to get them to you before Christmas. Please watch for an update here and by email (and put the pitchforks away :-)

Thank you! I will put my pitchfork back in the closet, get back on my broom and start Wooting again.

chris626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris626

Awesome. So it says my order hasnt shipped yet, did that get stopped so i wont have to mess with returning anything.

Thank you you just made alot of little boys and girls very happy come Christmas morning.

klav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klav
chris626 wrote:Awesome. So it says my order hasnt shipped yet, did that get stopped so i wont have to mess with returning anything.

Thank you you just made alot of little boys and girls very happy come Christmas morning.

Pitchfork lowered but not put away until nabi2's are in hand. I will gladly return as a customer when the items are secured. Thank you

happycorie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycorie22

Now I can get back to my regular life of wearing grandpa sweaters ironically and listening to music you've probably never heard of.

jandyprall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandyprall

Sounds good, BigD. Make sure that tomorrow's message is clear in that it instructs us on what you want us to do with the crappy used Nabi 1 that were shipped to us. I presume that you will want us to use the return labels to send those back to you. And then the Nabi 2s will be mailed in correct quantities to those who purchased them originally. If that can be done in a timely manner (e.g. soon, before Christmas), you likely will not have to issue refunds, right? Please give us a timeline in the official communication tomorrow, and thanks for your work in setting things right. Also, it does speak to the need, though, to have a better crisis management plan in case there is a next time.

stellapedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stellapedia

And in that timeline remember that not everyone celebrates Christmas... my kids start getting gifts on the 9th this year and get the "big" gift on the 16th.

jcrist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcrist

Thank you! I will gladly continue wooting!

macmail71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macmail71

Thank you Woot, you might not have lost this first time Wooter after all!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

My guess is that they went directly from the supplier to the Amazon warehouses for fulfillment, and nobody at Woot HQ actually saw them. They relied on the supplier's information that they were the Nabi2. I know at times they've had someone at the warehouse check on the details of an item, but they can't do this if it's not fulfilled out of Carrollton, TX.

Woot has to deal with the pitchfork-carrying customers, so I'll bet they were able to squeeze a lot out of the supplier for their error.

This is actually a more customer friendly result than you'd get a lot of places. I was expecting just a straight refund and the $10 credit for your troubles.

The fast shipping for items fulfilled by Amazon is typical -- I got the Buffalo router two days after ordering it.

heathergeorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heathergeorge

THANK YOU WOOT!!!!! I will be looking for the email on what to do next.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
alanhwoot wrote:My guess is that they went directly from the supplier to the Amazon warehouses for fulfillment, and nobody at Woot HQ actually saw them. They relied on the supplier's information that they were the Nabi2. I know at times they've had someone at the warehouse check on the details of an item, but they can't do this if it's not fulfilled out of Carrollton, TX.

Woot has to deal with the pitchfork-carrying customers, so I'll bet they were able to squeeze a lot out of the supplier for their error.

This is actually a more customer friendly result than you'd get a lot of places. I was expecting just a straight refund and the $10 credit for your troubles.

The fast shipping for items fulfilled by Amazon is typical -- I got the Buffalo router two days after ordering it.

Exactly!
This result is above and beyond normal expectations.

move along

GRobl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GRobl

Pitchfork is placed back in the pitchfork safe. Thank you and I will continue to be a customer of yours.

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley

This is amazing news. Thank you for doing the right thing...and even going above and beyond. On a side note, do you guys have an official presence on Google+? I'm very active over there and I would love to publish a public post outlining the ebb and flow of NABIgate 2012. =)

ripple024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripple024

this is mattkeithley as well...this is my original account. i've been a big fan for years. i appreciate this service!

holibub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holibub

Thanks for the update BigD. What about for the wooters who wanted to buy the Nabi2, but due to the misleading product description, did not. Once the description was revised to show that it was a Nabi2, the listing was sold out. Would Woot be able to offer the discounted price of $129 again?

happycorie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycorie22
holibub wrote:Thanks for the update BigD. What about for the wooters who wanted to buy the Nabi2, but due to the misleading product description, did not. Once the description was revised to show that it was a Nabi2, the listing was sold out. Would Woot be able to offer the discounted price of $129 again?

Lol Woot's probably going to ban the word Nabi in their office. I bet there's no freaking way they're ever going to deal in these tablets again.

dbnjzb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbnjzb

Definitely happy to see you guys stepped up and are going to deliver! Big move on your parts to make the situation right! Can't wait for this email! Thanks!

maiziezoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maiziezoe

I still <3 woot.

vkustowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkustowski

Thank you! I look forward to the email with further information.

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD

Last update for the evening here:

I believe we have everything in place but still need to tie up a few loose ends with operations in the morning. Everyone who ordered this yesterday will receive an email tomorrow morning (we're aiming for no later than 11am central). The gist of the email is:

• If you haven't emailed support@woot.com requesting a return and a call tag, you should do so.
  • Please, please put "Nabi2" and your order number in the subject line. This will help us get to your email much more quickly.
  • We will send you a FedEx call tag with instructions.
  • Once you get the box, do not open it - we can process the return more quickly if the box is unopened.
  • FedEx will come to you to pick up the box, you shouldn't have to go stand in line at the post office.
  • You'll have to wait a few days (as many as 7 business days if you're far away from us) for FedEx to deliver the box to us
  • We will process the return quickly and ship you a Nabi2 via FedEx 2 day shipping

I anticipate that with all of these steps, we can have Nabi2s delivered around 12/14. I want to be very clear here - we can't promise a delivery date of 12/14. If everything goes right, that should be possible and given that some of you have already received the original shipment, one could get a call tag tomorrow, return via FedEx and get their Nabi2 as early as next week. However, there could also be delays in transit of the original box to you, delays in you getting the box back to FedEx and delays in FedEx getting it back to us, a hurricane or blizzard could hit, the FedEx truck could hit a cow, etc.

Our moderation team will be monitoring the forums tonite (as usual) and they now have as much info as you do so please be patient with them if they can't answer questions with specific details.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

jji272

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jji272

My original order is still "awaiting shipping" and no in process or shipping notifications have been sent to me..will I still have to wait to receive the bad nabi 1s to them send back and get the two nabi 2s, or is it possible I will get the 2s to start and be done with it all?

BigD wrote:Last update for the evening here:

I believe we have everything in place but still need to tie up a few loose ends with operations in the morning. Everyone who ordered this yesterday will receive an email tomorrow morning (we're aiming for no later than 11am central). The gist of the email is:

• If you haven't emailed support@woot.com requesting a return and a call tag, you should do so.
  • Please, please put "Nabi2" and your order number in the subject line. This will help us get to your email much more quickly.
  • Once you get the box, do not open it - we can process the return more quickly if the box is unopened.
  • FedEx will come to you to pick up the box, you shouldn't have to go stand in line at the post office.
  • You'll have to wait a few days (as many as 7 business days if you're far away from us) for FedEx to deliver the box to us
  • We will process the return quickly and ship you a Nabi2 via FedEx 2 day shipping

I anticipate that with all of these steps, we can have Nabi2s delivered around 12/14. I want to be very clear here - we can't promise a delivery date of 12/14. If everything goes right, that should be possible and given that some of you have already received the original shipment, one could get a call tag tomorrow, return via FedEx and get their Nabi2 as early as next week. However, there could also be delays in transit of the original box to you, delays in you getting the box back to FedEx and delays in FedEx getting it back to us, a hurricane or blizzard could hit, the FedEx truck could hit a cow, etc.

Our moderation team will be monitoring the forums tonite (as usual) and they now have as much info as you do so please be patient with them if they can't answer questions with specific details.

chris626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris626

Sounds great, but what about those of us whos order status still say waiting for shipment? Can't those be cancelled? And the Nabi 2 shipped instead?

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
GRobl wrote:
Hello Greg,
A full refund will be issued within 7-10 business days from receipt of the product.

Woot, this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. It does NOT take that long to issue refunds. It can be done instantaneously---before the product is even shipped back. We trusted you with our money. You can trust us back with yours. I have no doubt that you have more cash flow/expendable income than do all of us combined.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

swhcadguy wrote:I'm a Fan-a-Tech on Fuhu's nabi Tablet Facebook page. We were all concerned yesterday when we saw this initial posting and a number of us replied and commented that they were advertising for the original nabi Tablet (nabi 1). These comments where removed by the Admin staff when they confirmed that they were actually selling the nabi 2 Tablets.

The original nabi Tablet was sold exclusively through Toys R Us last Christmas and into early spring, until Fuhu ceased production of it and discontinued their contracts with Toys R Us. Toys R Us did not fulfill their contract agreements and never ordered enough product to fill the demand. Fuhu only kept enough stock to resolve any warranty related issues when and if they arose.

We brought this up yesterday behind the scenes with Fuhu and they've indicated that they did not sell off any overstock.

If it is the original nabi Tablet it should have been selling well below the $100 mark, as it is no longer in production and will not be receiving any further nabi OS updates from Fuhu. There is still online support. Remember Best Buy had the new tablet on sale on Black Friday for an amazing $129.

So Woot may still be screwed up, as while the packaging is different from the original nabi Tablet and nabi 2 Tablet, the nabi 2 box does not say nabi 2 Tablet on it, it just says nabi Tablet.

My blog post shows you what the nabi 2 Tablet packaging and tablet should look like, so God willing, this is what is being shipped to everyone. If the packaging does not look like what is shown in the first two images or there is not grid on the back. Ship it back to Woot, as it is an original nabi Tablet.
http://everythingnabi.blogspot.ca/2012/07/spreading-its-wings-nabi-2-tablet-open.html

The nabi 2 Tablet is awesome with specs that match and in some cases beat the Nexus 7 (Micro SD Card slot and Mini HDMI out).

We hope you all get what you ordered and are able to join our great community!
http://www.nabitablet.com/

Fan-a-Tech Scott

And btw, thank you for this, Scott.

What you suspect is what I also was thinking last night, and what I'm still holding out hope for.

Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated by all Wooters, I'm sure. Have a Merry Christmas! :-)

ReginaFilangee

jvgartner1 wrote:
Maybe I'll order a Dyson and they'll send me a Hoover.

LOL!!!

nimda79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79
chris626 wrote:Sounds great, but what about those of us whos order status still say waiting for shipment? Can't those be cancelled? And the Nabi 2 shipped instead?

Ditto here, mine is in the Status: "Awaiting Shipping" as well. I hope I don't have to mess with sending the old back but will if I get my kids their nabi 2's :D

ReginaFilangee

BigD wrote:Hi - Darold here (you've seen my number posted a few times above). I've spoken to a few of you this morning and wanted to post here to apologize for this problem and to assure you that we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue. I've outlined the steps that we are taking this morning to stop these orders:

• Our inventory team is currently working to cancel all of these orders, if these orders were being fulfilled by us we could easily walk into the warehouse and stop the shipments. Because we use Amazon fulfillment services, your orders were sent in real time to the fulfillment centers to be processed and shipped. Since it is Christmas season, the fulfillment centers are working 24 hours and most orders have already been shipped.
  • Our next step is for our logistics team to work with FedEx, UPS and USPS to recall the shipments. These carriers are also working around the clock so we may not be able to stop many of the packages. For orders shipped by UPS and USPS, we likely won't be able to recall the orders because they don't have a recall mechanism.
  • If our efforts to cancel, stop and recall the orders fails then we will be issuing FedEx call tags which will allow you to return the Nabi more quickly and allow us to quickly credit everyone's cards.

If you're interested in how this happened - we had communications from our vendor telling us the product was the Nabi 2. Our buyer went into the sale and adjusted the specs accordingly and notified the moderation team to the change. That's why our moderaters were adamant about this being the Nabi 2 - they were communicating what they thought to be the truth. It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened and I understand everyone's frustrations.

Thank you, Darold. Although I didn't leave my phone number, I was one of the ones who called you last night and left a message.

IMPORTANT QUESTION (if it hasn't already been asked):

Are you 100% POSITIVE that the tablets you are trying to cancel are truly the wrong ones before cancelling??? Because if what Scott posted earlier is true....and there is a chance that these are indeed the Nabi2's.....then I (and I'm sure everyone else) STILL WANT IT. Very much.

And if they are indeed the gen 1's, then why can't Woot simply contact the manufacturer to procure enough (at ANY price) to fulfill our orders for the price advertised and already paid by us?

Another alternative to consider:
If we receive a Nabi-1, Woot could offer us the option to keep it, for a $50 refund (making the purchase price $80, which is what it is worth now that the newer version is on the market.)

ReginaFilangee

happycorie22 wrote:How can you not "find" any? Amazon is selling them for full price and they're "In Stock." Are you not a subsidiary of Amazon?

EXACTLY!!!

minimintz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minimintz

My order is still "awaiting shipping" I also don't have an email stating it was shipped. Do I still have to wait to receive the nabi 1 to then send it back then wait to get the nabi 2. Can you just ship me the nabi 2 to avoid all of this?

p.s. Thanks in advance for fixing this nightmare.

ReginaFilangee

BigD wrote:I wish it were that simple, if that were an easy option we would absolutely do that. As a subsidiary, we have are a completely different entity and we have an "arm's length" relationship with them so we can't just swap out inventory. (and they don't have enough stock to support the qty that we sold)

Thank you for that explanation. I'm surprised that Amazon doesn't have enough. How many did Woot sell? (That used to be a standard item on the stats page.)

I will call the manufacturer tomorrow and find out how many they have available that they could ship to you.

EDIT: So happy that I can now cross this off my already too-long "to do" list for tomorrow! :-)

ReginaFilangee

j5 wrote:I don't know.
I only saw the Nabi2 for $129 at 2 places, Best-Buy and WalMart, and they were sold out pretty quickly after go-live at both. Someone mentioned there was an Amazon lightning deal, but I didn't see it there.

I promise you that it absolutely was there, j5. I hedged, and missed it. That's why I jumped on this deal as soon as I saw that it was the "same" deal (which of course, it turned out not to be.)

ReginaFilangee

BigD wrote:Sure - These products are not marked up 100% anywhere - margins on electronics run closer to 6%, not 100%. I can assure you we've reached out to everyone we can and no one has these available in qty - at retail or wholesale and especially not at $100.

I know this is a redundant sentiment, but buy them and send them to us at a loss, then. Small price to pay for lesson learned, isn't it? Then, you could take up the issue with your supplier who misled you and get your money back. Woot can float that for a lot longer than can the vast majority, if not all, of your customers.

ReginaFilangee

BigD wrote:We're either going to get you a Nabi 2 or we're going to give you a steep discount if you want to keep the Nabi 1. We're working on the specifics so stay tuned.

Thank you. I'm encouraged.

ReginaFilangee

wootswhats wrote:Oh and if you are unable to locate two Nabi 2s to fulfill my order, I will reluctantly accept two new iPads and we'll call it even. ;-)

:-)
Love it. I could be persuaded by that also. LOL

ReginaFilangee

Have I told you lately that I LOVE YOU???!!!! :D

Next time, I'll read the entire thread when I get home from work before posting, even as long as this one had become.

Awesome way to restore our faith in Woot, BigD. THIS is why I have been a loyal customer for so many years, and have racked up close to 300 purchases during that time (across all the sister sites.)

THANK YOU!!! This one single post just made me smile so big, and I'll sleep well tonight thinking about a LOT of VERY happy children (and their parents watching those happy, happy little faces) on Christmas morning (and/or Hanukah.)

But dangit....I had just finished sharpening my pitchfork. I'll go ahead put it away now, anyway. ;-)

P.S. I suppose I would be pushing my luck to ask to increase my order to a qty of 2 rather than just one of them, to compensate for my 24hrs of mental anguish? Okay, I didn't think so. Can't blame a gal for trying, though. ;-)
(I really would like to alter my order to a qty of 2, however.)

ReginaFilangee

harrisoniris wrote:Lol, I did NOT type deck the halls...don't know where that came from!

Word filter for certain phrases. It's one of the many FUN things about Woot! :-)
(Other than the temporary disaster that will come to be known as the [echo on] Great Nabi Debacle of 2012 [echo off]. Edit: I like someone else's suggestion of NabiGate 2012, also.

FYI for newcomers: anytime you see a phrase that doesn't quite make sense in someone's post, simply click on "reply" to see what it was that they actually typed and got replaced by the filter. Then, simply hit the cancel button to return to the thread.
Example: a longtime "forbidden" phrase around here is: I deck the halls.