0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

brentdeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brentdeb

Dang it I waited in line at Walmart for two hours for this same price... Ugh. I should have known to always trust in Woot! But this is a great buy. I researched other kid friendly tablets before my purchase. The specs are equivalent to the Google Nexus 7 8gb.

chan7781

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chan7781

I saw a Nabi 2 in Best Buy the other day. Was really impressed with the silicone bumper (wish there was something like that for my Nexus 7), but less so with the bastardised version of Android 4.0. I wonder if these have any sort of hacking community.

(I'm 20 and single and childless, so I was looking at it as a ruggedised tablet rather than a kids' tablet.)

MicronXD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD

I bought the Nabi 2 7" for my daughter on black friday. She loves it and it performs wonderfully. The OS has some nifty features that allow you to access a vanilla android interface via "mommy/daddy mode"

I'm not sure how this model compares to the new one, but if it's anything close, I'd go for this. I did manage to get the Nabi 2 on BF for $129.99 though...

[MOD: This was posted before the correction to the correction that we are indeed selling the Nabi 2]

Headrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headrow
Superllama7 wrote:I need to pay attentino to BB, I guess. I've been checking it on Amazon for a Festivus surprise, but I haven't seen the Nabi2 below $198.

I just got a nabi 2 on Thanksgiving at Walmart for $130 and bestbuy.com had it for that price that morning but I missed it. BB's black friday price was $170.

I really like it so far.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

OK WE'RE STARTING OVER

I've now been told that this is indeed the

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

I've already asked CS to confirm all requests for cancellations.

I'm going to delete a bunch of posts so this thread makes sense.

Then I'm going to open a bottle of wine.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

anjibern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anjibern
ThunderThighs wrote:

OK WE'RE STARTING OVER

I've now been told that this is indeed the

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

NAVI 2

I've already told CS to confirm all requests for cancellations.

I'm going to delete a bunch of posts so this thread makes sense.

Enjoy the wine. So is this the NABI2?

Is this the NABI2 second generation?

ThunderThighs

Staff

anjibern wrote:Enjoy the wine. So is this the NABI2?

Is this the NABI2 second generation?

YES, THIS IS THE NABI 2 - THE CURRENT SECOND GENERATION

The Wine

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bgbopper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bgbopper

Drop test: nabi 2 vs. iPad 2

EDIT: Also, here's a review I wrote on another website:

The nabi 2 is easily the best tablet for kids available today. The hardware inside puts it at or above the level of most 7 inch tablets, as it features many similar components as those found within Google's Nexus 7. There is much to cover for why I love this tablet, but let's get the bad out of the way first: you will not be able to access Google Play. For some people, this is a deal-killer, but I must say that in using it, I can't say I've found the lack of access to be a problem. Amazon's app store can always be installed if you want a broader range of apps, but I've only used it to install a Reddit app and a Netflix app to use when we parents use our son's nabi after bedtime.
The nabi has its own app store, which I would consider to be a strength. The app store UI is attractive and easy to use, with apps organized by type (Entertainment, Creativity, Games, etc) and age. Apps that make it into the nabi app store have been examined by the nabi team to ensure safety for young users, which often results in the removal of clickable advertisements.
The tablet comes with an excellent chore management tool. Parents can buy currency and set up chores for their child to do. When the child completes the chore(s), they will receive a portion of currency based on the complexity of the chore, as indicated by parents. This can then be used to unlock downloadable content for their games or install full games.
The nabi 2 also comes with learning tools, including flash card games, mini lessons, math pages to complete, and more. For younger kids, dozens of books come preloaded, each with an option to be read by professional voice actors in a variety of languages. More books are available for free or purchase on nabi's app store. There are also dozens of craft guides available for parents and kids to do together based on seasons of the year or holidays. The educational potential is great with this tablet.
This tablet is built thicker than most grown up focused tablets, where thinner tablets are generally valued. By making it a bit thicker, and surrounding it with a rubber bumper, the nabi 2 is a very durable tablet that stands up well against heavy use.
I would absolutely recommend the tablet without hesitation to any parent considering a tablet for their child ages 3 - 10. This is a device I am confident in handing to my young son because I know he will enjoy it, it will not break, and he will not be able to accidentally stumble upon inappropriate content.

trmtrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trmtrm

Is the bumper included? I didn't see it in the "in the box" list.

bgbopper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bgbopper
trmtrm wrote:Is the bumper included? I didn't see it in the "in the box" list.

It should be. Woot would have to open the box and remove it from its contents to NOT include it. It comes with the bumper already on.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ThunderThighs wrote:YES, THIS IS THE NABI 2 - THE CURRENT SECOND GENERATION

The Wine

Not only is this thing a solid current gen Android device (Tegra 3!!), it CAN be rooted to gain access to Google Play store.

Actual specs

Display: 7-inch, Capacitive, Multi-Touch Display,
1024 x 600 Resolution
CPU: NVIDIA® Tegra® 3, Super 4-PLUS-1™ Quad Core
with 5th Battery Saver Core
Storage: 8 GB, Expandable via MicroSD (Up to 32 GB);
Plus 2 GB FREE Cloud Storage
Memory: 1GB RAM
Camera: 2MP Front Facing Camera
720p Video
Battery: 3,850 mAh Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
Size & Weight: (with Drop-Safe Bumper)
Width: 8.69 Inches (220.8 mm)
Height: 6.05 Inches (153.7 mm)
Depth: 1.14 Inches (29.08 mm)
Weight: 1.31 Pounds (596 g)
Network: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 3.0
Input / Output: Micro USB 2.0 Port
Mini HDMI
MicroSD Compatible Cartridge Slot
3.5 mm Standard Audio Jack
Built-In Microphone
DC Connector
Audio + Video Format: Audio: MP3, AAC
Video: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
In the Box: nabi™ Tablet, Power Adapter (supports 100-240V),
USB Cable, Product Information

Heck with the kids, get one for yourself and toss the bumpers.

(side note: With this purchase I have achieved double black status. Fear me)

move along

hayleycrouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayleycrouse

So it IS the Nabi 2, correct?

lionel47

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lionel47

So, is this a good present for a 2 year old?

wendygroszki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wendygroszki
lionel47 wrote:So, is this a good present for a 2 year old?

We just got one for our 2.5 year old...to keep him off of our ipad (he was starting to delete icons)...

skoser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skoser

Isn't this the "new" one? Nabi 2?

MicronXD wrote:I bought the Nabi 2 7" for my daughter on black friday. She loves it and it performs wonderfully. The OS has some nifty features that allow you to access a vanilla android interface via "mommy/daddy mode"

I'm not sure how this model compares to the new one, but if it's anything close, I'd go for this. I did manage to get the Nabi 2 on BF for $129.99 though...

ThunderThighs

Staff

skoser wrote:Isn't this the "new" one? Nabi 2?

That was a post before the Kids' Nabi Debacle of 11/26/2012. It had some good info so I left it.

burndtjammer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burndtjammer

Woot deleted negative comments that would help others in deciding to buy or not? shame.

[MOD: NO! Read my post above. I deleted posts that referred to this being a First Gen. WE ARE SELLING THE NABI 2. It's all confusing. We're staring over. ]

mattkeithley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkeithley

oh hell yes...purchased!!

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
burndtjammer wrote:Woot deleted negative comments that would help others in deciding to buy or not? shame.

You're an wishbone.

As for the product, it's a great product. Personally, we bought the Fire for our toddler to use because we feel like it's a stronger tablet. However, this one can do everything you should need if it is strictly for your child.

Smitty7831

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Smitty7831

I thought the NABI 2 had 8 GB of Flash Memory, but Woot's stats say 4 GB!?!?!?! Which is correct?

wutupyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wutupyo
burndtjammer wrote:Woot deleted negative comments that would help others in deciding to buy or not? shame.

I'd assume due to it being referred to as the original Nabi, with less impressive specs than the Nabi 2. I looked this morning and it was the original Nabi, not buying for $129. With it being the Nabi2, DEFINITELY purchased at $129. I have been looking for one of these the past few days, and this is the absolute lowest price anywhere. Lowest I could find was 170 or so.

WELL worth the price, and it can be rooted, and it isn't some cheap toy they will outgrow in a year. Played with it on display at Gamestop and it runs very smooth and doesn't lag.

aimeemiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aimeemiller

Is the bumbper pink?? Or is my computer screen distorted and its really red?

jvgartner1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvgartner1

Bought 3. We are trying to get these in the classroom for our children's school. This is the best price I've seen that we didn't need to stand in a line for 4 hours to get. Thanks WOOT!

j5

aimeemiller wrote:Is the bumbper pink?? Or is my computer screen distorted and its really red?

It's red.

move along

dpt1st

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpt1st
aimeemiller wrote:Is the bumbper pink?? Or is my computer screen distorted and its really red?

It's red.

Tara Parsons

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
ThunderThighs wrote:

Are you planning to share???
**Holds out my glass*

(Thanks for answering the question. I didn't order last night because of all the posts stating that this was the older model. I wanted this one. )

May the Crap be with you all!!!

nimda79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nimda79

So I requested a cancel of my order due to the screw up with the product description last night, and now that it is back to being the nabi 2 again, I have requested that it be un-canceled. It hasn't been cancelled yet but is there any way to make sure this goes through without it getting cancelled?

ThunderThighs

Staff

nimda79 wrote:So I requested a cancel of my order due to the screw up with the product description last night, and now that it is back to being the nabi 2 again, I have requested that it be un-canceled. It hasn't been cancelled yet but is there any way to make sure this goes through without it getting cancelled?

I sent an urgent message to CS requesting that they verify ALL cancellations.

ReginaFilangee

Okay, now that I've ordered one:

Best Buy had it for $130 on Friday and sold out online within minutes (I'm assuming even faster in-store)----and I would've had to pay 9% sales tax. I was on the fence, so didn't get upset.

Then, after seeing that it would be coming up as an Amazon Lightning deal later that same day (not knowing in advance what the price would be, but hoping for a better one), I did some research and was "pretty sure" I would like it for some young nieces/nephews.

When it popped up at $130 again (no tax/free shipping), I wavered momentarily---and it was sold out with a full waitlist in about 70 seconds.

So, when this came up here at the same price point (except for the $5 shipping), I figured the Universe was telling me to BUY THE DAMN THING ALREADY!!!! lol

(If the price drops before Christmas, I'm going to be peeved at the Universe.)

hibliss

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hibliss

This thing sold out while I was reading the comments this morning!

boonepharm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boonepharm

Awesome! It was a Black Friday lightning sale on Amazon but I got distracted and missed it. Thanks Woot!

ThunderThighs

Staff

hibliss wrote:This thing sold out while I was reading the comments this morning!

Nah, it never sold out. Figment of your imagination.

ReginaFilangee

hibliss wrote:This thing sold out while I was reading the comments this morning!

Hate that you missed it, but looks like I got it just in the "Nick" (pun intended) of time!!! (Odd that the button wasn't throbbing, though)

Glad I looked this am when I did (had an odd urge to check it before tending to my normal am activities) and saw the confusion cleared up (thanks again, TT!!!)....and that I listened to the Universe screaming at me. Hope the kids will enjoy it and their mother (my sis) doesn't confiscate it for her own pleasure. lol

jharm73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jharm73
Headrow wrote:I just got a nabi 2 on Thanksgiving at Walmart for $130 and bestbuy.com had it for that price that morning but I missed it. BB's black friday price was $170.

I really like it so far.

same here i got it at walmart, second to last one they had. want to open it but its for my son and my wife wont let me play with it. :-(

ReginaFilangee

ThunderThighs wrote:Nah, it never sold out. Figment of your imagination.

????---It said sold out right before I typed my last post, and still does. ????

How many bottles of wine did you drink, TT?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ReginaFilangee wrote:????---It said sold out right before I typed my last post, and still does. ????

How many bottles of wine did you drink, TT?

Oh , it did sell out. What do you know. I was so busy checking things that I didn't see that. Sorry.

j5

ThunderThighs wrote:Oh , it did sell out. What do you know. I was so busy checking things that I didn't see that. Sorry.

So, QQ.
As CS scrambles to verify cancellations, will there be enough stock to fulfill later orders?

Also, it's amusing to look at the sales chart to see exactly when the item was corrected.

Thanks Woot! I now have 3 of these and one to go back to BBuy.

move along

ThunderThighs

Staff

j5 wrote:So, QQ.
As CS scrambles to verify cancellations, will there be enough stock to fulfill later orders?

Also, it's amusing to look at the sales chart to see exactly when the item was corrected.

Thanks Woot! I now have 3 of these and one to go back to BBuy.

They haven't had time to get to that so we sold to inventory on hand.