4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Would anyone like to share reviews from previous offers?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

buyitjody

quality posts: 6 Private Messages buyitjody

This isn't a review from a previous offer, but my little ones grandparents got one of these for them (it was, "You are my Sunshine") They both read it together. My kids didn't jump up and down in excitement from it at the beginning (they did giggle a little), but have since sat down and listened to their grandparents read to them. They really, really like it now. It will truely be a treasure to them when their grandparents pass on in the future. I'm not trying to be morbid or anything, but it will be treasured forever more. The cheapest I have found these type of books so far is from Costco for about $12.99 each. I just bought three of these here on woot, making it about $1.45 cheaper per book compared to Costco. Not a super-duper deal, but the best I've come across.

I'm going to record my voice for my kids (and get my hubby to jump in, too). I truely think these books are a great lasting memory for kiddos that will be treasured.

campinfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages campinfan

My in-laws from Wales, UK recently recorded 3 of these that I purchased when they were offered previously (different titles). My daughter is just 5 months old, but it's great to have a treasured item that has her family's voice on them. They seem to be great quality and I hope they last forever!

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313

I bought both the Hush Little Baby and the Rock-a-bye Baby from a previous wootoff, and they look amazing! The stories are lengthier than I originally anticipated, which I was very pleased with. My son's only 5 months old, so he doesn't really understand yet, but I bought the previous 2 for each set of grandparents since we live in another state. I'm in for another 2 today so my husband can make some for when he deploys next year

2nup350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2nup350

does anyone know how these work? is it a separate circuit for each page? reason I ask is i'm always looking for low cost recording modules to make my own recordable cards.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Or for less sentimental parents, add your own RiffTrax to the story. :p

Agerak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Agerak

Super Duper Important Question.

If you change the batteries, does that wipe the recordings? Is there a button cell battery that maintains the recordings, or are they solid state and won't be wiped unless recorded over regardless of any power source?

I would love to get my grandmother to read these books so my niece can have that as she grows up, but if replacing the batteries wipes the recordings, that would be sad indeed.

Neotacha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha
Agerak wrote:Super Duper Important Question.

If you change the batteries, does that wipe the recordings? Is there a button cell battery that maintains the recordings, or are they solid state and won't be wiped unless recorded over regardless of any power source?

From the Features: "Recordings can be locked so they are not inadvertently erased, and are stored even when the batteries have been removed"

hellpaso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hellpaso

Each page has a light sensor, so you can record each page correctly. Just be sure do record under a bright light. We did one for our granddaughter when she was about 18 months, & she just now wore out the battery 2 years later. She loves the book, & we had so much fun recording it.

"this is the best costume for the day"
little edie beale--grey gardens (1976)

Xiola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xiola

What age range are these books good for do you think, for a typical child?

~X

rcartland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcartland

Does anyone have the "I Love My Little Man" book? I'd like to know if it would be easy to replace the word "Man" with "Pirate" or some other term throughout the book, since I am a dad buying this for my daughter.

It drives me crazy that the boy's book has the child piloting a pirate ship, while the girl's book has the child admiring herself in the mirror and getting summoned by the Queen.

luvsnow29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luvsnow29
rcartland wrote:Does anyone have the "I Love My Little Man" book? I'd like to know if it would be easy to replace the word "Man" with "Pirate" or some other term throughout the book, since I am a dad buying this for my daughter.

It drives me crazy that the boy's book has the child piloting a pirate ship, while the girl's book has the child admiring herself in the mirror and getting summoned by the Queen.

I have recorded one for my Granddaughter, not this one in question. The words are in the book, but you could replace "Pirate" for "Man" but remember, when your child learns to read, your words won't match the book. I'm just sayin, if you don't mind that they won't match...Go for it!!

sgm-co

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgm-co

Kids Woot should really be Baby Woot. We need a middle ground Woot, such as Teen Woot.

722lad

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad
rcartland wrote:Does anyone have the "I Love My Little Man" book? I'd like to know if it would be easy to replace the word "Man" with "Pirate" or some other term throughout the book, since I am a dad buying this for my daughter.

Kudos to you for noticing and resisting this sort of gender stereotyping! You sound like a great dad. From the photo of the book, it looks like you'd be faced with changing not only text, but the illustrations as well. As a graphic designer, I think it would be doable, but it would take some finesse for it to be less noticeable.

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052

If the Woot Gods are able to put their fingers in tomorrow's Woot, I need two kids recliners..

It's Christmas time, just thought I'd ask... Thank you...

Carry on..

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

I would like to ask also about the age range. I was thinking of recording one of these books for my 5 yr old who is a little nervous about staying multiple-nights with her Aunt and Grandma this summer. It might be a good way to keep me around, but if they are too babyish I might pass.

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
hellpaso wrote:Each page has a light sensor, so you can record each page correctly. Just be sure do record under a bright light. We did one for our granddaughter when she was about 18 months, & she just now wore out the battery 2 years later. She loves the book, & we had so much fun recording it.

I think you may have a different model. The ones offered today have 8 numbered buttons, and when you turn to the page you want to hear, you push the corresponding numbered button to play the recording.

buhlue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buhlue

I bought two books and one was completey DOA (even after changing batteries and making sure it was unlocked) and the other one only recorded buttons 1-6. Not happy!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

buhlue wrote:I bought two books and one was completey DOA (even after changing batteries and making sure it was unlocked) and the other one only recorded buttons 1-6. Not happy!

So sorry for the problems. Be sure to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bomengo923

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bomengo923
buhlue wrote:I bought two books and one was completey DOA (even after changing batteries and making sure it was unlocked) and the other one only recorded buttons 1-6. Not happy!

Me too... I bought these in Nov knowing 'Im going on vacation tomorrow and just recorded for my kids and one of the books took the recording and now won't play. so sad.