0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

verywisegnome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages verywisegnome

I have a Darth Vader version I got a year ago. The red LEDs aren't very bright and don't illuminate much. It's still fun to play around with though...
...Not that I would play with a flashlight...
*runs away*

HeadacheSlayer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HeadacheSlayer

I bought one of each the last time they were for sale (about a month ago?) and THEY ARE COOL!

We're saving them for Xmas of course but I love that they light up and make sounds, just like the real thing--and Darth Maul's lights up on both ends.

As flashlights, yeah not the brightest but my son will flip for these! I know he's going to stash all 3 in his bed ;)

Woot is awesome, great prices, great stuff (never had a bad purchase yet!) and pretty fast shipping!

I definitely recommend this WOOT!

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine

I got Yoda and Darth Maul for my son for xmas, I missed out on Anakin the first time around. I was just playing with them while wrapping them not thirty minutes ago - the LEDs aren't meant to really be a true flashlight, but the style and the sound effects ensure that my nine year old Star Wars nut is going to LOVE them!

Not to mention I would much rather he be staging mock battles with something that can't actually hit anything. We've gotten him light saber toys in the past that had a plastic blade and all that's accomplished is banning it from the house for the sake of our sanity. Now he can wave these handles around all day long and no one gets poked.

In for Anakin, thanks Woot! Now he'll have the whole set!

traquy

quality posts: 50 Private Messages traquy

Yay! I missed these last time around and wanted 2 for my daughter and her BFF (Star Wars obsessed 5 yr old) for Christmas. In for an Anakin and Yoda, Thanks! Good to hear the decent reviews of the last purchase, makes the decision easier.

cnaren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cnaren

Guys... With 2 kids, a limit of 3 is naughty, not nice. Keep it even, please

danamrippon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danamrippon

Can the sound on these be turned off/disabled?

jaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaster

How do I get one of each? If i place one in the cart, when I add the next one, the first one deletes? Do I need to place 3 seperate orders to get 3 different flashlights?

jaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaster
jaster wrote:How do I get one of each? If i place one in the cart, when I add the next one, the first one deletes? Do I need to place 3 seperate orders to get 3 different flashlights?

Duh, I figured it out. Count me in for one of each.

nitcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitcat

Acquire these I must

erinmoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinmoss

[quote postid="5252917" user="HeadacheSlayer"]Do you have to buy them individually (and pay $5 ship[ping for each one?

erinmoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinmoss

Can you tell me how? I haven't figured it out?

upinhereupinhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upinhereupinhere

What did you do ? I couldn't figure it out either !

upinhereupinhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upinhereupinhere

I got it ! Just pick quantity and it lets you choose when there are multiples !

mjjjms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjjjms

As queried previously, can the sound with these flashlights be turned off/disabled?

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa
erinmoss wrote:Do you have to buy them individually (and pay $5 shipping for each one?)

As the shipping truck image at upper right states, "$5 all you can ship." Clicking the 'Learn More' link reveals, "For a limited time, one $5 charge covers standard shipping on all your Woot orders within the same calendar day!"

danamrippon wrote:Can the sound on these be turned off/disabled?

The safe bet is: no. A sound toggle isn't mentioned among the features. More importantly, without the wooshing sound, you've maimed the illusion of having a light saber. Unless you're playing with these in heavy fog, they're just dimly lit colored flashlights. The wooshing sound is vital.

twstrchk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twstrchk

Do all 3 make the same sounds? Is there a preference out there for those of you that have already purchased them? Thanks :-)

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa
twstrchk wrote:Do all 3 make the same sounds? Is there a preference out there for those of you that have already purchased them?

The point is moot on woot now that two of the sabers have sold out. These internal debates we have with ourselves sometimes go on too long.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Sold out already? Sad, I am.

afterburn2600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages afterburn2600

I remember as a kid using flashlights around a fire, you would see the beam in the smoke and have lightsaber battles...these would be PERFECT if the beam projected well in smoke.

Alas, they are sold out.

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine

Hi! I'm back with a follow-up comment for posterity.

My kids LOVE these silly things. Both my 9-year old son and 5-year old daughter use them all the time, for battling "bad guys" and each other, they use them as flashlights when building blanket forts and wave them around outside at night. I find them all over the house because they tend to get a lot of use and travel around. They are also very battery-conscious, I've only had to replace the batteries in one once.

These were a fantastic buy and I hope to see them again as they'll make great last-minute "oops, there's a birthday party this afternoon we've just been invited to" gifts.