2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

vcrowley

quality posts: 14 Private Messages vcrowley

Ooh, these are awesome. We bought some for my son when he was two. He is now five...and still plays with them almost daily. My daughter, who is three, loves them just as much. Just today they were playing with them, building spaceships.

wakinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wakinc

anyone know which country these are made in?

danpritts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danpritts

My kids love them too. No idea where they are made but they are well put together - not the typical cheap crap.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

According to Guidecraft's FAQ page, their products are made all over the world. But you can call the company at the number listed on the page with a letter from the company president to ask specifically about this product.

fredfeinberg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredfeinberg

They do seem quite good. FYI, Linens-n-things has it for just a tad more, with free shipping (http://www.lnt.com/product/activity-centers/307733-7585/guidecraft-educational-toy-magneatos-72-pcs-guidecraft.html), and Amazon is about the same.

eeyorefly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eeyorefly

I found a lot of reviews that say the magnets are very weak and hard to build up. Anyone have these that know different. My daughter loves to carry her creations around and would be devastated if they just fell apart.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

So, these are magnetic? Would, say, a 2 year old be able to build these up? To make things stand, do they need to be arranged using triangular supports all over, or can regular square boxes be made? There are no photos of what the pieces look like. Are they just separate rods and balls?

vcrowley

quality posts: 14 Private Messages vcrowley

They are separate rods and balls. Our set has some smaller rods, some larger ones. My son played with them a lot when he was two. You can easily make squares. Obviously the bigger the "building" the more support you need, but small things don't need much support, if any.

As to the magnets, they are decently strong - we've played with other brands of magnetic toys like this and these are by far the strongest. But a large creation wouldn't hold up to much transport unless you were very, very careful. But this morning my son built a snake with 3 or 4 rods as the body and a pyramid shaped head with balls and rods, and he carried it around by the tail for awhile. It only fell apart when he shook it. Hope that helps?

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

yes - these are meant for the younger crowd 0-4 year olds maybe - our preschool has them so they do last - however - the teachers use them under supervision only as the kids love to throw the balls and they are heavy or make " icecream cones" out of a stick and a ball and then fling the ball - this is of course something that can happen with a lot of toys but I want you to be aware of the weight. Other than that they are safe, fun and very popular with the kids and have lasted close to 10 years so far in a preschool ...

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Be careful! Like the CSPC-banned Buckyballs, these will cause severe intestinal damage if swallowed; especially if swallowed in pairs!!

I would link to the Buckyball video that Woot posted a while back, but they seem to have removed it...

pukiswife

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pukiswife

These are great. In our experience these are meant for building only. They really can't be carried around as a full creation. And they are WAY too big to swallow...so no worries there.

dkalecki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkalecki
quantamm wrote:Be careful! Like the CSPC-banned Buckyballs, these will cause severe intestinal damage if swallowed; especially if swallowed in pairs!!

I would link to the Buckyball video that Woot posted a while back, but they seem to have removed it...

There is no way a child can swallow the ball or rod, they are too large. My boys have these and loved them as well. Very well made.

angel76006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angel76006

I ordered another set - got the 144 one a few weeks ago (was a better deal too), but my son wants to build a bigger 'castle'. In response to some of the questions:

- The magnets could be stronger, but you can absolutely build them up. The trick is to build a good support on the bottom levels in order to do it, which I believe is great for developing problem solving skills. If my 3 y.o. figured it out, I don't know what prevents adults from doing it.

- If your child could swallow one of these, then he'd have more urgent problems than stomach issues: these things are huge!