WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Star Wars Tins Strike Back

Without George Lucas, nobody would have cared about Glen Larson, and we'd have no original Battlestar Galactica. Without the original Battlestar Galactica, we'd have no remake of Battlestar Galactica. Get the picture? Even if you're serious about "dark" sci-fi, you still owe George a debt.
The Tin Box Company official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Grownups (as we all are here), let us brainstorm alternate ways to use these tins so kids don't get to have all the fun and you can justify buying one for yourself.

I'm just hanging out, really.

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

I think the Stormtrooper Arch Tin is just a little to narrow to use as a camera case for the Nikon on Woot right now. That is too bad, line with some neoprene and it would have been fun.

jtz77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtz77

Sorry to say it but right after I bought 3 banks from Woor I saw them in 5-below for $5 and no shipping.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Oh My Goodness! I am so glad I check kids.woot despite the fact that I'm a bachelor living alone.

... Seriously though, why aren't these on regular woot? Kids can have episodes I-III, we get IV-VI.

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep

These are perfect for storing Star Wars Lego figures!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

countdown

My first order is stuck processing (will update if this changes) so I can't get the other tins I want without getting charged for shipping again

EDIT: Ok, came through. Took exactly 10 minutes. Then my next order went through immediately. Oh well. Yay. I'll post later with some possible uses I have planned.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
countdown wrote:My first order is stuck processing (will update if this changes) so I can't get the other tins I want without getting charged for shipping again

It's all good, Woot has been free shipping till midnight after you pay for one shipping for a few months now. Seriously, it will be ok.

countdown

wisenekt wrote:It's all good, Woot has been free shipping till midnight after you pay for one shipping for a few months now. Seriously, it will be ok.

I am aware of this.

My concern was that the order would remain unprocessed and I would not have a chance to get the other items before midnight tonight.

Got them though. Crisis averted.

inkycatz

countdown wrote:
Got them though. Crisis averted.

YAY!

costrowski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages costrowski

Great, more cheap metal from China

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

Use the coin banks for laundry money or for getting the loose change out of my purse (that stuff gets heavy!), since I'm usually way too lazy to count change when I pay with cash.

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

am i correct in looking at the site and seeing you can get 6 tins for $28.50 v. 1 for $8 here? http://tinboxco.stores.yahoo.net/20stwawocaal.html

edit: never mind- didn't realize they did wholesales to merchants only.

countdown

Possible uses I am considering/definitely doing:

First, kits. Kits, kits, kits. I'll say it again, kits. My mom uses one as a sewing kit. loaded with needles and spools and seam rippers and other sewing stuff.

First aid kit is obvious.

Travel kit with games and snacks for a trip.

Game supply kit with cards, dice, rulecards, small/foldable boards, pencils and paper.

(already feeling so wrong posting this on kids.woot) Smoking kit, I plan on using it to hold my pipe, smoking material, and lighter. Plus the various implements for packing/maintaining my pipe. (tamper, extra filters). If you roll you could keep your papers and rolling machine if you use one. Any medicinal smokers can also keep a grinder in there...

Cookie jar/tin. Can be used to gift baked goods (like normal lidded cookie tins) or just as a cookie jar in your own house.

Take it a step further than baked goods and make a whole gift basket for someone with it.

Organization. I have a lot of A/V and computer cables that have accumulated over the years. This makes a nice place to collect them all rather than having them strung across shelves and interfering when I am looking for something else on a shelf or in a drawer.

Planter. Just cut some drainage holes in the bottom and you have a nice planter to grow some flowers or herbs.

Just some thoughts....

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

any comments from folks who bought them last time?

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
ebam wrote:any comments from folks who bought them last time?

They are small. And I too have seen these at Five Below for $5. Also, I have seen them as prizes in arcades.

allstarfame

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allstarfame

If I buy something now and the shipping charge is $5.00 as shown in the cart, then will each subsequent order ordered (later today, before midnite) show $0.00 for shipping or $5.00 and then be reconciled later tronite when the Woogles are taking a break from dancing?

countdown

allstarfame wrote:If I buy something now and the shipping charge is $5.00 as shown in the cart, then will each subsequent order ordered (later today, before midnite) show $0.00 for shipping or $5.00 and then be reconciled later tronite when the Woogles are taking a break from dancing?

It will show $0 shipping charge on the future orders. But you have to make sure the first order has been processed and its status is at least "approved" or "awaiting shipping". Hence my panic attack above. PS: I am not staff, I just buy a lot of stuff on woot.

inkycatz

countdown wrote:It will show $0 shipping charge on the future orders. But you have to make sure the first order has been processed and its status is at least "approved" or "awaiting shipping". Hence my panic attack above. PS: I am not staff, I just buy a lot of stuff on woot.

We're glad you're out of the panic! Also, this info is correct.

Buy with confidence! (And then contact support@woot.com if anything goes wrong.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
jtz77 wrote:Sorry to say it but right after I bought 3 banks from Woor I saw them in 5-below for $5 and no shipping.

Cool. There's a 5 below just 1600 miles from my house.

sharond95

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharond95

I was going to get one of these, then I realized how small they are. I was hoping they were full size lunch boxes... I thought the 'junior' was refering to being kids lunchboxes, not the size of the box.

bennettglock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bennettglock

Looks like Woot doesn't allow you to order more than one without paying for shipping of each. I understand that between sales, but on individual items? That seems ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bennettglock wrote:Looks like Woot doesn't allow you to order more than one without paying for shipping of each. I understand that between sales, but on individual items? That seems ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong?

You should only be charged $5 per day on shipping. So you'll pay $5 on the first item, then when you come back to order the next, there will not be a shipping charge.

You'll see the picture in the upper right corner change to Shipping Unlocked once you pay the $5 shipping on the first item.

This expires at midnight Central.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ssummerhays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssummerhays

Wow what a piece of tin junk. $13.00 shipped? I was had, thanks for nothing Woot. Even my 6 year old could not fit a sandwich in this thing. I didnt see in the description that this was scaled for Jawas.
What a disappointment.

120days

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 120days

i bought one for my boy cause hes always asking for a bank for his monies....i think its cute and a good size...and im pretty sure ill give it to him since i never have cash on me