WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ideal: Gaming Before The iOS Existed

Our one regret? That we couldn't get the Jaws-inspired rubber band shark. Otherwise, you're looking at glorious pre-Star Wars fun. There's no question these games are good enough for you. But are you good enough to beat these games?
Ideal official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Old school type games for when the power goes out. What do you like to play?

I'm just hanging out, really.

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten

These either have no reviews on amazon or bad reviews, with the exception of the two cushion bumpershot game, which has great reviews. The price here is generally about $2 less than it is on amazon (including shipping if you have prime).

Check the reviews on amazon for anything you want to buy except the bumpershot game.

streetcw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

I am really surprised at the prices of these games. Sorry, battleship, bean bag toss. not worth $15 and shipping

WOOT before Work

phoenix12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phoenix12

Sweet, I loved the Magic Shot as a kid. This one is a little different inside but I may have to jump on it.

mdcclxxvi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdcclxxvi
streetcw wrote:I am really surprised at the prices of these games. Sorry, battleship, bean bag toss. not worth $15 and shipping

The price of plastic has skyrocketed recently. The majority of the price you see here is just raw plastic per pound.

chromeboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chromeboy

you'll shoot your eye out...

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Oh man! I had that shark game as a kid...actually, it was a game that we found in our vacation house we shared with family friends (one of them brought it and donated to the house). We absolutely loved that game as kids. Would have jumped on that in a heartbeat.

Totally in for the Magic Shot though...good price and looks awesome. Not sure if it is going to the kids or the husband though ;)

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

editorkid

quality posts: 89 Private Messages editorkid

I think my friends' kids would love Bongo Kongo (especially if I get them and their parents some pith helmets to wear while they play)... but do 4 C cells last for a game or two, or will they at least get a few nights out of them? (I always buy the batteries when I buy presents that need them, so I really need to have a clue about this to buy. Thanks!)

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

The only one I have is Up Against Time. It's fun, but only keeps your interest for a few minutes; it's basically a one-trick-pony (just stack up the barrels before the steel ball knocks them over).

------------------
I Bet on Sky

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

That Magic Shot game appears to have a bell that rings when you shoot steel balls at it? Mu-wah-ha-haa! The evil uncle in me wonders whether that would be almost as effective as giving a drum set, but less obviously evil?

jrab40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrab40

Wally World has the bumper shot for 14.88 +tax and you can do site-to-store for shipping. Very tempting...

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
jrab40 wrote:Wally World has the bumper shot for 14.88 +tax and you can do site-to-store for shipping. Very tempting...

But then you actually have to go to Wally World to pick it up. Buy from woot and let the USPS deliver it to you!

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64

Wow. Bumpershot! Blast from my past!