0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

I handed these out at Halloween and they were a HUGE hit. I was low on candy and gave the kids a choice- glow stick or candy. Most if the kids under 15 picked the glow sticks. I cracked them and had several different colors and let them have the color they wanted. They were nice and bright. I had no duds and if this were closer to Halloween I would stock again. Well worth the $$.

macsurety

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macsurety

A bought these from a previous woot. We tried to use them for the kids on Halloween. They are not very bright. Uh, well, the kids are fine, but the glow sticks, when 'glowing' are not very bright. That observation was based on a sample of 6 glow sticks.

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls

In for 240! These are always a huge hit at trade shows and things for the kids.

mrssturrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrssturrock

Good times with these! I got 3 last time they were here. Sometimes I give them to my daughter if we are taking a car ride at night. Sometimes I just crack one for fun. I plan on putting some in Christmas stockings for the younguns. And yes, we throw "raves." We crack a few of these, put on some techno, and dance with our toddler. Don't hate.
I will agree these are not as bright as other sticks I've seen, but good enough for us.

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

They went up $1.00 from last October - http://www.tech2support.com/4%E2%80%9D-glow-sticks-24-pack-assorted-colors-2-99

kig5070

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kig5070

Ahh man This is the type of items I like near the end of the day when I already bought something and looking to take advantage of the all you can ship. Can you have this kind of item later in the day next time please. :-)

spareshan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spareshan

We lost power for 9 days after Hurricane Sandy, and the 2 cases of these I bought from woot a few months back were a BIG help in getting our 3-year old through the dark, boring nights. Great deal!

stx00820

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stx00820

Does anyone know what the shelf life of these things are and how long they will last in storage?

thesweetness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesweetness
damorere wrote:I handed these out at Halloween and they were a HUGE hit. I was low on candy and gave the kids a choice- glow stick or candy. Most if the kids under 15 picked the glow sticks. I cracked them and had several different colors and let them have the color they wanted. They were nice and bright. I had no duds and if this were closer to Halloween I would stock again. Well worth the $$.

So stole your idea and it was great! Gave the left overs to the neices who put on a talent show in the backyard in neon!

sweissman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweissman

Not bright at all. Lasted 48 hours so the kids enjoyed longer as a toy, but not bright enough for visibility.

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo

I didn't buy these before, but here's another alternate use: We camp a lot for scouts and other stuff. We give them to the kids to hang in their tent as a "lantern" and let them have some to play with. They play catch in the dark, etc. It's a great camping accessory, because when you're in the darkness of the wilderness, even a dim glowstick is bright!

mamajoan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mamajoan
stx00820 wrote:Does anyone know what the shelf life of these things are and how long they will last in storage?

I had some in my basement from last year (got them in a wootoff ~Sept 2011) and brought them out for an event this year (Sept 2012) and they were fine. Had one dud out of two boxes (24 glow sticks per box).

The kids do love these things, and not just at Halloween. Great deal.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 39 Private Messages alanhwoot

Yeah, they're small and not that bright, but the kids at Halloween loved them.

Lee28104

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lee28104

Great stocking stuffer....

Golden, ripe, boneless bananas for sale, only .39 cents a pound.

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine

My four year old loves it when I toss a few in the bath and turn the lights off. Disco bathtime!

bjbyers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjbyers

I purchased these last woot off. From my experience, you should assume about 25-30% of them will not work.

cgfreer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgfreer

Bought these last year to take to a music festival. Hung them up in bunches (chandeliers) in the trees near our tent to help find the way as we stumbled from the music stages to our tent. Nice and bright, and they even glowed (though dimmer) on the second night. None of them were duds.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bjbyers wrote:I purchased these last woot off. From my experience, you should assume about 25-30% of them will not work.

Did you contact support@woot.com at the time about that?

I'm just hanging out, really.