WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you let your kids watch prime time cartoons?
  • 33.5% - Never. The watershed is there for a reason. 321
  • 22.3% - Only during the holidays, when they’re kid friendly. 213
  • 11.8% - Only on time-delay, after I’ve checked them. Some of those Family Guy jokes, sheesh. 113
  • 8.2% - I let my kids watch anything animated. Who cares about drawings, right? 78
  • 24.2% - I let my kids watch anything. Anything at all. Only if I get to watch it with them, so I can explain dirty jokes in the most boring way possible to make sure they hate whatever they see. 232
957 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

No one's child is anywhere near as innocent as they believe them to be. If you think your child is a little bastard, he's even worse.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

When I actually had subscription tv service, my daughter loved watching Family Guy. She was probably around 5-8 years old at the time so most things went right over her head.

I pretty much let her watch whatever she wants as long as it doesn't have full nudity. She's 9 years old now.

marycari

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marycari

You missed the obvious choice, only some of the shows! My kids watch Bob's Burgers and of course, the Simpsons...because kids who don't watch the Simpsons are canned vegetables and have no sense of humor.

kentobin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kentobin

Between Hulu+, Netflix, Youtube, and Google searches watching prime time tv cartoons is pretty irrelevant, ask my 10 year old.

wootbjork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootbjork

Define "prime time". I let the 7 year old daughter watch prime time cartoons on Cartoon Network. Regular Show, Adventure Time, and The Amazing World of Gumball are all awesome. I am sure to watch them with her. They're hilarious!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
wootbjork wrote:Define "prime time". I let the 7 year old daughter watch prime time cartoons on Cartoon Network. Regular Show, Adventure Time, and The Amazing World of Gumball are all awesome. I am sure to watch them with her. They're hilarious!

I'm sorry, but the only one of those three that are remotely amusing to me is Adventure Time. The "Awkward-till-you-LOL" doesn't work on me, and the general "Whuuuutever" mentality really gets on my nerves. They are painfully unclever most of the time - my husband loves them so YMMV.

I'm a fan of the "Dragons: Riders of Berk" and "Avatar: Legend of Korra". They're clean, but not inane, while the former could probably do with a hint more conflict - I think it dumbs down everyone's emotions a little too much and I'd love to see the side characters with one-liners that dare to be insightful, enlightening, or even clever.

I'm just waiting for seaon two of the latter.

Oh, and Total Drama... everything... was fun most of the time. I didn't catch the reboot/season 4.