WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

BabyLegs

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Someone really needs to invent baby-sized pants. I know, I'm a dreamer. It's not likely to happen in our lifetime, kinda like flying cars and books on tape. Until then, we'll just have to make due with these stylish and practical leg warmers.
BabyLegs official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about BabyLegs! Durable? Holds up to the wash? Keeps the little one warm?

I'm just hanging out, really.

bradkoettel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradkoettel

How do I buy multiple of these and pay only one shipping cost?

bex8683

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bex8683
bradkoettel wrote:How do I buy multiple of these and pay only one shipping cost?

Everything you purchase in one day is $5 flat shipping for the day. Click the $5 All You Can Ship "Learn More" link at the top right of your woot page.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Look Marge! Maggie lost her baby legs!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

nadh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nadh

Any "experienced" users out there? These sound like a great idea.

However, babies' ankles are tiny, while their thighs are huge (no offense Thunder Thighs).

These "legs" appear to be one consistent diameter. I'm concerned about the elastic digging into those beautiful baby legs.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
nadh wrote:Any "experienced" users out there? These sound like a great idea.

However, babies' ankles are tiny, while their thighs are huge (no offense Thunder Thighs).

These "legs" appear to be one consistent diameter. I'm concerned about the elastic digging into those beautiful baby legs.

They are fairly consistant the whole way down when laying them flat. However, the "top" seems to have a bit move give than the "bottom". You can easily tell them apart by both the width of the elastic, and the Baby Legs emblem that goes by the ankle.

My middle child was chunky (in 18 mth clothes when he was 9 mths old), and we used these. I did try to make sure that I had them pulled up closer to the hip/thigh crease, then with my youngest, but they did work.

They were great for when he was a bit gassy, and didn't want an elastic wasteband on. Or when you were unsure of what the weather was going to do (espeically down south). You could put them on in the morning and take them off as the day warms up.

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

these are cute but i'm not in love with any of the prints.. nothing really jumps out at me and says "buy me!!" I guess that's good for my wallet, lol

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mom2hapakids

I wonder if my tween would be interested in these as arm warmers? Sort of hand less gloves?

It's beyond me. I'm a child of the 70s/80s, so you can imagine what kind of warped fashion sense I have.

tdemick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdemick

We have a couple pairs of these and they are great. They keep my little boys legs warm, prevented rug burns on his knees and kept his socks on (when I put them over his socks)! Anything that keeps this kids socks on are great in my book!

The elastic also held up to weekly washings for 4 months straight.

ethibaul

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ethibaul

Those of you with Thunder Thigh babies, take heart! These will fit your child too! I was dubious as to the size and stretch claims, because I was paying retail price and didn't want my child to outgrow these within 2 months!

When I got them, I put them on my arms, all the way over my biceps. (Before you think this is a HUGE deal, I'm just a normal sized 5'3" woman, my pythons cannot compete with the Hulkster!) I was satisfied that they would fit, thankfully. My 100th percentile weight (35 pounds) & height (38" tall) 2 year-old son fits his BabyLegs perfectly still, and I purchased them when he was 6 months old! They have quite a bit of give, and only leave the same amount of skin-pression that athletic socks leave on us.

One of my favorite uses for these now is to help bridge the summer and fall season weather, where it's in the 50's in the AM when I send him to school, but then it gets into the 70's by lunchtime. I throw the BabyLegs on under his Woot! purchased XXS youth athletic shorts, and he's a happy camper. I do find that on his more active days, that these will slouch like the 80's legwarmers, since he can't be bothered to pull them up.

I'm in for a couple more pair, because this is half the price I paid from the manufacturer, and there's something intrinsically adorable about a kid wearing these! We'll get the sports prints, but if the Woot! buyer can get the Firetruck design next time, I guarantee they'll be the first one to sell out. Get the matching socks too, there's something about a baby in matchy-matchy that makes you want to cuddlesquish them. (In a good way, of course!)

ziekk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ziekk

I bought a pair in the past, but they wouldn't stay up on my baby with her own pair of thunder thighs (or her lean sister) without rolling down to her ankles after about 20 minutes of crawling. I've always heard good reviews about them though, maybe I'm using mine wrong?

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen

I have/had four pairs for my younger son and LOVED them. My favorite pair was a fuzzy textured one that was soft as they could be, and also didn't leave any elastic marks on the thighs after taking them off. My kid's on the small size, if that helps. He's now exactly a month away from three and weighs right under 30 pounds.

They are also great if you know a kid going through medical treatment to cover up an arm (or both) to keep them from fussing with IV's, ports, etc.

Debbie Sweeny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Debbie Sweeny

How are they sized? I want some for a newborn.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

These are great for babies crawling to protect their knees or when it's cold out to put on with a onesie around the house for easy diaper changes (so their legs will still be warm which changing their bottom). These are very popular and this is a good price. They are usually $12 a pair though the Baby Legs site has frequent sales.

I had a big baby & have a big toddler now. He was 30 lbs at 12 months and is 42 lbs now at 2 and wears a size 5T. These were a bit tight on his thighs when he was a baby (I just pulled them up to the crease at the very top of his leg so they weren't digging in his thighs and he didn't seem to mind that at all).

They definitely wouldn't fit him now but he's definitely not the average sized baby. If you have a chunky baby, I'd take measurements and see how they compare. If you have an average sized baby or even a slim baby, these should be just fine size wise.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23
Debbie Sweeny wrote:How are they sized? I want some for a newborn.

These are a one size item. You can just bunch them up to make them work for a newborn. It should work out with out problem.

giolee88

quality posts: 17 Private Messages giolee88

LOVE LOVE LOVE These!! Regular retail price is ridiculous, so we just wait for deals like this. We have like a dozen of these, and have used them for the past 3 yrs. Kid #2 now wears them too, and both kids are sharing. The elastic is enough to keep 'em on my kid's legs, who're scrawny lil' guys. Oldest kid is 3, and he's wearing his blue striped babylegs today.

The best use of them is under regular clothing:
* Easy access to diapers on the smaller kids
* They won't ride up like pants do on the bigger kids.
* They won't let drafts up the pant legs.
* The elastic is different up top than down at the bottom, and squeeze tightly, but not enough to be uncomfortable...my kid complains about the slightest scratchy tag on the back of his shirt...not once did he complain about the tightness of his babyleg...although he will pull them off if he is getting to warm, running around like he does. If he gets warm...
* He can always scrunch them down to his shins if he gets too warm.

Mark me down as pining for Manny-Legs.

Debbie Sweeny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Debbie Sweeny
ssand23 wrote:These are a one size item. You can just bunch them up to make them work for a newborn. It should work out with out problem.

Many thanks!