WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are your kids excited about Thanksgiving?
  • 25.3% - Yes, they love seeing family. 169
  • 18.4% - Yes, they love the food! 123
  • 33% - Yes, they love the time off from school! 221
  • 10.6% - No, but they’ll put up with it because they must. 71
  • 2.5% - No, they’re actually kinda annoyed by it. 17
  • 10.2% - We aren’t celebrating Thanksgiving. 68
669 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

GunslingerFyre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GunslingerFyre

10% don't celebrate Thanksgiving? This number is surprising to me. Anyone from that percentage care to explain why they don't? Thanks!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

We haven't really talked about it yet, but he'll be excited to see his cousins.

oclafretep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oclafretep

Seriously, you need the no kids option for us who come here just to vote.

Bgrant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bgrant

I didn't answer the question because my answer would have to be A, B, C, and FOOTBALL!!!!!

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

Thanksgiving hasn't even come up in our household. We're going to my bf's parents for it this year, which I'm sure will not thrill her at all since it's a 1 hour car ride. She hates riding in the car.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

They're excited to have Thanksgiving over with because that means Christmas is next. All the kids are under 6 years old and have been asking about Christmas since July.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
GunslingerFyre wrote:10% don't celebrate Thanksgiving? This number is surprising to me. Anyone from that percentage care to explain why they don't? Thanks!

Because they're not Protestants?

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke
deadeye37 wrote:They're excited to have Thanksgiving over with because that means Christmas is next. All the kids are under 6 years old and have been asking about Christmas since July.

So they're on the retail schedule huh?

kyralexis72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyralexis72

I could have answered several, but I think that the food is really what drives their love of the holiday at this point.

RE. the 10%, it could be that they aren't American. Thanksgiving isn't a Protestant holiday.