1%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

catwoman999

quality posts: 20 Private Messages catwoman999

These things are great for Lego fans -- they work well, and seem pretty durable. They are also very cute and colorful. (The colorful part means they're easy to find when kids misplace them somewhere in the house... I remember helping in the hunt for the Lego watch a few years ago when my friend's son was around 8 or so.)

They also make great stocking stuffers.

Amazon sells them for $19.99 each, and they cost $24.99 in the Lego store.

gracelit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit

Just don't step on it!

catwoman999

gracelit wrote:Just don't step on it!

LOL! Sensible advice!

moosish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moosish

The description says that the band is 5" long. Can anyone tell me if that 5" also includes the watch part itself? So, in other words, is the TOTAL maximum length of this watch 5" or is it longer when you lay it out end-to-end? Thanks a lot for any help, guys!

Marsha Aronson

catwoman999

moosish wrote:The description says that the band is 5" long. Can anyone tell me if that 5" also includes the watch part itself? So, in other words, is the TOTAL maximum length of this watch 5" or is it longer when you lay it out end-to-end? Thanks a lot for any help, guys!

Five inches seems awfully short. I would bet the total length, including the watch face part, is more like 7 inches. I can't imagine that 5" would even be long enough for most children. Have you checked the Lego website for info?

moosish

Yes - 5" DOES sound awfully small! I have the smallest women's wrist in the world, and it's still 5-1/2". The LEGO site (that was a good idea, thanks) had less than nothing. Amazon, the same. Woot is the only place that gave even a hint about the length. So I'm still not sure. I'm hoping that someone who actually has bought one will be able to help me. Thanks for your idea, though.

catwoman999 wrote:Five inches seems awfully short. I would bet the total length, including the watch face part, is more like 7 inches. I can't imagine that 5" would even be long enough for most children. Have you checked the Lego website for info?

Marsha Aronson

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Keep in mind these are geared towards children so hence, the small band size. However, the links are interchangeable so you can buy 2 watches and extend the length of the band to fit adult wrists.

catwoman999

moosish wrote:Yes - 5" DOES sound awfully small! I have the smallest women's wrist in the world, and it's still 5-1/2". The LEGO site (that was a good idea, thanks) had less than nothing. Amazon, the same. Woot is the only place that gave even a hint about the length. So I'm still not sure. I'm hoping that someone who actually has bought one will be able to help me. Thanks for your idea, though.

I found a YouTube video review of a different Lego watch, but it might help you judge the overall length.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFSrrkWvCo

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72UvrUeiHM&feature=relmfu

According to a few of the YouTube videos I watched, some of the Lego watches come with extra links so you can make the band longer for older kids. I don't know if that's the case with these watches, but the reviews for the Lego Star Wars kids' watches mentioned it.

Also, one of the photos on the Woot listing makes it appear as though there are extra links, as well.

moosish

ThunderThighs wrote:Keep in mind these are geared towards children so hence, the small band size. However, the links are interchangeable so you can buy 2 watches and extend the length of the band to fit adult wrists.

Thanks for your idea, but I shouldn't have made it sound like it's for me - it'll be for my 8-year-old grandson, who is obsessed with POTC. If I have to buy 2 of these to make sure the strap is long enough, it really doesn't pay.

Marsha Aronson

catwoman999

moosish wrote:Thanks for your idea, but I shouldn't have made it sound like it's for me - it'll be for my 8-year-old grandson, who is obsessed with POTC. If I have to buy 2 of these to make sure the strap is long enough, it really doesn't pay.

I'm pretty sure these watches would fit an 8 year-old with no problem at all, unless he has exceptionally large wrists. I would think the target market for them is probably 7-10 year olds.

The reviews on Amazon sound good, and no one seems to be complaining that the straps are too short, so I think you'd be safe in ordering one for your grandson.

moosish

catwoman999 wrote:I'm pretty sure these watches would fit an 8 year-old with no problem at all, unless he has exceptionally large wrists. I would think the target market for them is probably 7-10 year olds.

The reviews on Amazon sound good, and no one seems to be complaining that the straps are too short, so I think you'd be safe in ordering one for your grandson.

Thanks, catwoman. I think I will go ahead with the order.:-)

Marsha Aronson

incommon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages incommon

Ninjago watch seems to shine among others as it's the most current Lego theme. Others are either discontinued or phasing out. Great stocking stuffer for boys. Also this time you can add up to 5 instead of usual 3.

stsaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stsaf
incommon wrote:Ninjago watch seems to shine among others as it's the most current Lego theme. Others are either discontinued or phasing out. Great stocking stuffer for boys. Also this time you can add up to 5 instead of usual 3.

I was going to buy as a stocking stuffer also, but California sales tax pushed the price just over my limit. I can get cheaper elsewhere.

basschica

quality posts: 2 Private Messages basschica

I'm reasonably thrilled that I have a small wrist because I heart aliens and Lego.

KidAtHeart.woot.com

basschica

quality posts: 2 Private Messages basschica

It looks like the total length is 7" according to this Amazon listing for a city model. One of the reviewers said, "Kids schmids. Great for adults!" indicating it's good for women with small wrists too.

moosish wrote:The description says that the band is 5" long. Can anyone tell me if that 5" also includes the watch part itself? So, in other words, is the TOTAL maximum length of this watch 5" or is it longer when you lay it out end-to-end? Thanks a lot for any help, guys!

ferrelli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ferrelli

I've purchased a couple of these and they are quite small--5" is about right for the total length. However, they come with another band that is longer and can be used as the need for more length presents itself. The box says it is for ages 6+ so that might help answer some questions.

randapence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randapence

Does anyone know if you can order multiple as in 1 of each? I am not seeing a way to do that without checking out each time.

v2xw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages v2xw
randapence wrote:Does anyone know if you can order multiple as in 1 of each? I am not seeing a way to do that without checking out each time.

You just need to change your quantity.

chaotickinesis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chaotickinesis
randapence wrote:Does anyone know if you can order multiple as in 1 of each? I am not seeing a way to do that without checking out each time.

Yes, you must check out separately for each item. However, you will only be charged shipping for the first order of any given day.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Such a helpful community up in here today! You are all today's rockstars!

I'm just hanging out, really.

randapence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randapence
chaotickinesis wrote:Yes, you must check out separately for each item. However, you will only be charged shipping for the first order of any given day.

Thank you!

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

You don't need to order 2 watches for a longer band.

You get extra links with each watch to change up the color (see the photos with the toys - you get all those links too). If you add all the extra, you'll have a band that's about 8.5 - 9 inches. PLUS, you can take this apart link by link. So you can make it any length, any pattern.

I have two of the star wars sets and I love them. Very light weight and fun watches.

scapsinger

quality posts: 21 Private Messages scapsinger
chaotickinesis wrote:Yes, you must check out separately for each item. However, you will only be charged shipping for the first order of any given day.

I ordered 1 of each, just a single checkout. You click the quantity you want (in this case, I chose 5). Then a drop down box appears for each one, and you choose what you want. I just got a single 1 of each design, but you could have ordered 2 pirate, 1 woody, and 2 buzz if you wanted.

I keep seeing people say "you have to check out multiple times" on the woot boards, but I've never had to do that, and I'm always a multi-item wooter.

oceanhike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oceanhike

You can actually check out at once (for future purchase reference). Just select the total quantity you want, and you get a menu of what's available and you get to pick then how many of each variety. Just got my watches and love them!