1%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

To summarize the 1000's of comments on Art 101 sales over the many woots:
If you're buying for a serious art student, don't bother (although that case looks ok here) due to the quality of the materials (you get what you pay for). A pure guess here is that the pencils have better potential for decent quality than markers, etc.
If you're looking to buy a "beginner" set/set for an aspiring child/buying for Toys for Tots-similar programs, this wouldn't be a bad idea.
The company I believe was based in Hong Kong, with office in the U.S. I believe in Texas. (I'd have to look up my old comments). One product was made in Vietnam in the past.
Art 101 sets often sell out.

Please feel to embellish, add, or disagree. No success finding it so far on the World Wide Web.

Someone could also price out the different elements including the paper and case and comment on whether this compares favorably (I have no clue on this one).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

My son took pencil drawing classes at the local Hobby Lobby with this guy for probably 8 years. Great way to get the fundamentals of drawing, perspective, etc. Anybody else with kids in art classes?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn

Not in art class & not parent to anyone in art class, although Mowgli has been known to produce some pretty impressive hairballs.

Any idea what the dimensions of this portfolio are? Lots of them are big darned things, and I'm having trouble envisioning the size of this, even considering the smaller items pictured.

panzerfemme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panzerfemme
gertiestn wrote:
Any idea what the dimensions of this portfolio are? Lots of them are big darned things, and I'm having trouble envisioning the size of this, even considering the smaller items pictured.

The "Features" say that it's 12"x14".

Happy Wooting!

labyrinthia

quality posts: 15 Private Messages labyrinthia

The portfolio is too small to be of use to an art student, my portfolio was probably at least 2x3 feet. This is probably a good present for a, say, 8-10, maybe 12 year old. Any older than that you want to buy real student quality supplies.

jha1223

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jha1223

This could not be more perfect. I JUST drew a name for a gift tree at work (for an unfortunate family) and the young girl in the family wants starter art supplies.

Fantastic!