WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Co-Ed Sleepovers?
  • 30.9% - Hey, I’m hip. 262
  • 55.1% - Not a snowball’s chance. 467
  • 14% - It’s more complex than two answers, see you in the comments. 119
848 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

D) I don't have kids, but enjoy the questions! :-D

dkolesar798

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkolesar798

Depends on how old the kids are. Anything over the age of 10 is a no. Also, if the kids are related it's okay, as long as there isn't a large age difference.

hllywdcarl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hllywdcarl
dkolesar798 wrote:Depends on how old the kids are. Anything over the age of 10 is a no. Also, if the kids are related it's okay, as long as there isn't a large age difference.

AGREE

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

My Mother let us have coed sleep overs well up into the 15+ range. The girls slept in her room and the boys slept in the living room. Never had any problems.

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl

For young kids, no problem - they just slept in separate places.

Not now, with a teenage girl. There are two brotherly (no, really) kids who are ok, but that's it.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya
dkolesar798 wrote:Depends on how old the kids are. Anything over the age of 10 is a no. Also, if the kids are related it's okay, as long as there isn't a large age difference.

agree also. don't know about the strict age 10 thing, but it does depend on the kids' ages and maturity levels.

aehelephant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aehelephant

It depends on factors such as the age of the children, the chaperon situation, the sleeping arrangements and the children themselves. Some children are simply more responsible and trustworthy, some are more naive and wouldn't ever think of doing something naughty, and some are the type that are up to something the second you turn your back. Also, there's the issue of gender identity, which is a whole different can of worms.

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

Holy cow! Do people still say "co-ed"? That just sounds so 1960's.

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley

I know this is going to make me sound totally reform but we don't do sleepovers at all. It's just not worth the grumpiness the next day. Maybe when they're older...

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley
losbradley wrote:I know this is going to make me sound totally reform but we don't do sleepovers at all. It's just not worth the grumpiness the next day. Maybe when they're older...

What's wrong with calling yourself l.a.m.e? C'mon woot! I was only insulting myself! And replacing an adjective with a verb (or noun)???

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
losbradley wrote:I was only insulting myself! And replacing an adjective with a verb (or noun)???

It hurts us to see other people insult themselves. Or something. Welcome to wacky filter land!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Eltinwe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eltinwe

It depends on the age. It depends on the kids. It depends how many kids. But mostly, it depends on their interest in one another!

baela

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baela

It depends on age, maturity level, etc. When I was a little girl, I slept over at my best friend's house. He was a boy, and we were around four and five. My parents' are about as conservative as it gets, too.

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

With one son and one daughter, any sleepover will be co-ed. Thankfully, they're both young enough that I don't have to worry about any funny stuff happening.