2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen

Ugh, I have to stop buying these glow sticks. I think I can wait until the morning.

My mother just took a bunch of these that I bought a year ago to a party and they glowed well and were apparently a big hit with the children. So I guess they last at least a year, but I don't know how picky the children were.

ckoz1187

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ckoz1187

The LED/glowstick combo is a great deal. I own several and love them for camping. LED is good for travel, glowstick is a great nightlight.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Not only was I able to give these (the 2 pk glow sticks) out to the trick-or-treaters, but thanks to the hurricane, we also enjoyed them for ourselves. Nothing beats a Settlers of Catan game with glow sticks around your neck so you can see your cards

They lasted alot longer than we thought they would.

PS.. Someone steal Kid.Woot's poll today??

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

These are really great lights, I just got 2 of them in blue for my boys just before Halloween at Walmart for $3.49 each. They shut off automatically so the batteries will last a while.

PS, if you have kids, go see wreck-it Ralph - it was awesome

alan21615

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alan21615

I gave away over 500 glow sticks for halloween (250+ packs) - yeah, we have a ridiculous amount of Trick-Or-Treaters in my neighborhood, lol.

For the most part they glow fairly well; Especially the green, yellow, and blue. Expect to find a few duds here and there (I found 5-10 duds that either didn't glow at all or put out hardly any light) and a few that glow, but not very well (another 40-50 fell into this category).

All-in-all, not bad for super-cheap glow sticks. The really "good glowers" will last 12 hours, the rest around 6 or so.

tgall45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tgall45
wootmeharder wrote:These are really great lights, I just got 2 of them in blue for my boys just before Halloween at Walmart for $3.49 each. They shut off automatically so the batteries will last a while.

PS, if you have kids, go see wreck-it Ralph - it was awesome

wootmeharder, you've mis-read the listing. This is 4 of the flashlights for $3.99 so only $1 each before shipping. Still better $ than Walmart but only one color choice.

I just got these during the last WootOff and they amazingly arrived just before Halloween. My 2yo son wore one while trick or treating and it worked great. These are so awesome. I only wish I had ordered more.

bustersnurse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bustersnurse

My husband bought these on woot a while back. I tucked one into my bag last week on my way to work night shift at the hospital just as the hurricane was making landfall. My coworkers laughed at first, but by morning they were all begging to borrow it. The phlebotomist was even able to draw labs using it. Great lights to scatter around the house or tuck into a purse. We had a couple of these glowsticks last for more than a day, too.

diemlinh7

quality posts: 9 Private Messages diemlinh7

I ordered a load of the 24 packs during the last woot-off and waited with bated breath for them to arrive before Halloween. Woot came through! and we were all so happy to use them for classroom goody bags and the kids LOVED them.

We've been using the remaining ones for glow-in-the-dark baths and the kids have had a blast with that too. It's gonna be hard to go back to plain-old soap and water baths once we run out.

I had several blue packs that were DOA so I'm debating whether to buy more. I probably will anyway since the price avg is still great even with a couple duds in each box.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

These are great, glad they put them up again because my green one from last year finally died Halloween night (the flashlight portion, the glow stick part still works). I'm going to buy 2 packs and leave one in every room for power outages, then just stash the others for camping.

khunjeff

quality posts: 21 Private Messages khunjeff

My shipment of a dozen orange ones from the last Woot just arrived today. The ones I tried thus far work just fine, and the silly Halloween sticker peels off easily. Good deal!

agabel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agabel
alan21615 wrote:I gave away over 500 glow sticks for halloween (250+ packs) - yeah, we have a ridiculous amount of Trick-Or-Treaters in my neighborhood, lol.

For the most part they glow fairly well; Especially the green, yellow, and blue. Expect to find a few duds here and there (I found 5-10 duds that either didn't glow at all or put out hardly any light) and a few that glow, but not very well (another 40-50 fell into this category).

All-in-all, not bad for super-cheap glow sticks. The really "good glowers" will last 12 hours, the rest around 6 or so.

I also gave these out for Halloween, but a majority were duds. They had a very faint glow for about an hour. I purchased them the last two times they were offered. Out of 72 packs total, I couldn't believe the terrible quality. What a waste!

dannys00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannys00

I bought the flashlight version in orange last time around. My kids love them as they can keep using them every night. And they shut off after an hour, which is great. We all found them helpful during the power outage.

The only thing is I used clear packing tape to attempt to prevent the use of the whistle in the house. The kids figured out that there's a whistle inside almost immediately (crazy kid annoying sound radar, apparently), but so far they have stayed taped closed. Mercifully.

eilonwyofllyr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eilonwyofllyr

I bought the Darice 4” Glow Sticks the last time they were up for our recent Cub Scout autumn camp out. They were a HUGE HIT and all over the hillside in the moonlight you saw spinning, glowing Darice glow sticks! All the glow sticks worked well and lasted throughout the night. I think one was missing a lanyard. You can't beat this deal for making a Cub Scout Pack camp out the social event of the kid season!

A person in CT

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

leemonada76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leemonada76

Please consider donating these sticks to the people who are suffering from Hurricane Sandy. It is one of the most requested items.

kramer2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kramer2

I can't tell if these are the type that have a set screw that holds the top in place. This style is much preferred if you are buying it for kids IMO. At least it is for my 3yo who likes to take them to bed with her and manages to take them apart.

Programmerman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Programmerman

"Wait, I can order 10?" Forty LED glow sticks are coming my way. These will be immensely helpful during my night walks during the deep and dark December (and the rest of winter).

boingo82

quality posts: 8 Private Messages boingo82

We got the glowsticks from the last Woot before Halloween. We opened them about 6pm Halloween night, and some were still glowing brightly the next morning at 8am. We only used up one 24ct box between our whole crowd of trick or treaters. The others are being kept on hand for whatever situation comes up. If we didn't already have 48 left I'd buy more.

cashew

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cashew

I'm in Staten Island. We were smashed pretty good by Sandy, and lost power for 4 days. We were some of the lucky ones who had a warm place to go to, but couldn't leave till the storm had slowed down. For the night we had to stay in the dark we used these lightsticks (battery powered verson) to just put out enough light safely, without blinding each other.

Three (one on me, one on my husband, and one the baby was waving around like a little raver) kept us sane that long, dark, cold night.

We also wore them when we went outside to increase our visibility during dusk/the dark. Anything for safety. Now, we keep 2 in the house, and one in the car.

I am the Cashew. Goo Goo Ja Goob.

cashew

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cashew
dannys00 wrote:I bought the flashlight version in orange last time around. My kids love them as they can keep using them every night. And they shut off after an hour, which is great. We all found them helpful during the power outage.

The only thing is I used clear packing tape to attempt to prevent the use of the whistle in the house. The kids figured out that there's a whistle inside almost immediately (crazy kid annoying sound radar, apparently), but so far they have stayed taped closed. Mercifully.

I actually used a pvc pipe cutter to lop off the pointy end and whistle from my son's lightstick (I was more concerned with him poking himself/eating the cap)

I am the Cashew. Goo Goo Ja Goob.

lucrezia31

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lucrezia31

So we were definitely affected by the Hurricane Sandy (in Northern NJ), so I was so grateful that the last time these were offered, I ordered 4 2-packs (8 total) of the LifeGear ones for Halloweening and camping and they arrived in time. We spent the next 7 days wandering around the house with the LifeGear ones on our necks, to not go bonkers in the dark. I did find out that they will wear out quickly if you keep them on constantly. All of a sudden, you'll find the flashlight/glowstick option becoming only glowstick option, but seem to regain the charge by morning. Pretty good deal, all in all, and our neighbors that apparently heard of Sandy only on Monday morning also benefited (we let them borrow 2).

W: 12 |T.W: 0 |H.W: 6 |S.W: 1 |K.W: 8 |Sh.W: 15 |W.W: 4 |So.W: 0 - It's the wootiest!

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

Image of the 24 pack is on it's way but for now you can reference them here. Sorry about that!
http://www.woot.com/offers/glow-sticks-your-choice

happybot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages happybot

I ordered three packs of the glow sticks from the Woot-off so I could give them out on Halloween. I received two books and no glow sticks. I hope you all like Mr. Popper's Penguins.

benzaholic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages benzaholic

I gotta stop buying these.
I've filled up on the regular glow stick bundles the last three or four times I've seen them from Woot, and they are always a huge hit.
Just gave a bundle to a 17 year old when I was an unexpected visitor to his birthday. He and his brothers opened and lit them all and had a blast.

When they're this cheap, how can I resist them?

Is there a support group I can join to take a break from my glow stick purchasing benders?

X-WebTV-Stationery: Standard; BGColor=red; Background="http://yourfavoritescarypicture"; TextColor=red
I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. -- Escher

BiggyMeows

quality posts: 5 Private Messages BiggyMeows

This is truly the best price around for glow sticks. My 3 year old is afraid of the dark and sleeps with a "monster wand" each night. Keep em coming woot.

kassitonium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kassitonium

At Radioshack on clearance for $2.97 in multiple colors.

cwshoeboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwshoeboy

I bought 3 (12) of the LED sticks before Halloween, and they came in very handy. Good, bright light and the orange really stands out (4 of 12 were purple and didn't seem as bright). The whistle is, for the most part, useless, but it entertained the kids nevertheless. Clasp on strap can come apart easily, so I'd recommend using a separate lanyard if you'll be moving around a bit. Overall, great deal!

junyo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages junyo
bustersnurse wrote:My husband bought these on woot a while back. I tucked one into my bag last week on my way to work night shift at the hospital just as the hurricane was making landfall. My coworkers laughed at first, but by morning they were all begging to borrow it. The phlebotomist was even able to draw labs using it. Great lights to scatter around the house or tuck into a purse. We had a couple of these glowsticks last for more than a day, too.

˄ She called me crazy when I bought them. Now I'm crazy - like a boss.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
benzaholic wrote:I gotta stop buying these.
I've filled up on the regular glow stick bundles the last three or four times I've seen them from Woot, and they are always a huge hit.
Just gave a bundle to a 17 year old when I was an unexpected visitor to his birthday. He and his brothers opened and lit them all and had a blast.

When they're this cheap, how can I resist them?

Is there a support group I can join to take a break from my glow stick purchasing benders?

I'd just take comfort you're in some great company.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

I had ordered the 3 of the 24 packs of glow sticks that was offered 2 weeks ago & they just happened to arrive the middle of last week. I thought it was perfect timing since we live right on the north end of the Jersey Shore, were hit hard by the hurricane and had no power (thankfully late yesterday we got it back though many are still out). I gave some out to neighbors for their children and we opened quite a few here for my children. The great majority of these didn't work. I've been considering contacting Woot since maybe 6-8 sticks worked out of the 2 packs of 24 we opened (so 48 total). We needed light so we kept trying more. I feel bad that I gave out crappy glow sticks to my neighbors.

The flashlights look like a great idea. We are supposed to get hit with another big storm this week but I'd say pass on the glow sticks. These just don't work.

inkycatz

ssand23 wrote:I had ordered the 3 of the 24 packs of glow sticks that was offered 2 weeks ago & they just happened to arrive the middle of last week. I thought it was perfect timing since we live right on the north end of the Jersey Shore, were hit hard by the hurricane and had no power (thankfully late yesterday we got it back though many are still out). I gave some out to neighbors for their children and we opened quite a few here for my children. The great majority of these didn't work. I've been considering contacting Woot since maybe 6-8 sticks worked out of the 2 packs of 24 we opened (so 48 total). We needed light so we kept trying more. I feel bad that I gave out crappy glow sticks to my neighbors.

The flashlights look like a great idea. We are supposed to get hit with another big storm this week but I'd say pass on the glow sticks. These just don't work.

Yes, please do contact support@woot.com

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

I got those glow sticks several months ago when they were offered, and they are awesome. They stay lit for about 6 hours or so before fading.
There are six colors (instead of your typical three) and they're all bright. We used most of them really fast and I'd been hoping they'd last until they were offered again... hooray!

EDITED to add: we have not had any duds at all. Sounds like the person posting above got a bad box.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

Bought 2 of the 4-packs in the last go-round here on Woot. My son absolutely loves his...he had it camping this past week and was showing it to folks around the campground and everybody wanted one.

Also grabbing some more this time to stash in my video equipment cases. Good to have low-frequency light (red or orange) for discretely rummaging through gear bags at events in theaters and other dark sets.

The flashlight on the front end is bright enough to go out walking and find your way, but not so super bright to blind people when the kids inevitably point them at other people's faces.

Backpacks, gear bags, survival kits, gloveboxes...at about $1 each, you might as well buy one for every spot you've got. The ones we have also have a free set of replacement batteries coming from Life+Gear...I believe they offer this for all their products.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

wow, it's pretty awesome to read that we sold something that was actually useful to you guys during a tumultuous, tough time.

mostly glad you fine folks were able to stay safe.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

electriclime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages electriclime

The flashlights work really well; nice bright white LED light. I picked up 3 sets on the last Woot offer a few weeks back and parceled some out to friends' kids for Halloween. The orange glowstick function was great for jack-o-lantern illumination, though they do turn off after a while.

Target sells these for around $4 each. Wife was impressed with my mad Woot skillz!

merd03mc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages merd03mc

I have tried to buy both a set of 24 glowsticks and 4 glowstick/flashlights in one order (to only pay $5 shipping). I can't seem to make it work. Am I an "pollster" or is this impossible to do in one order?

inkycatz

merd03mc wrote:I have tried to buy both a set of 24 glowsticks and 4 glowstick/flashlights in one order (to only pay $5 shipping). I can't seem to make it work. Am I an "pollster" or is this impossible to do in one order?

It might be the way the sale is set up, but if you can't get them in one order, please note that it just takes one order to unlock shipping for the day.

So if you need to put in more than one order, it will still cost $5 only to ship all of them. Let us know if you have any problems!

dezire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dezire

bought these last time they were on here, and it half of them didnt work right. They would turn on, but then if you shake it, then it would shut off. Disappointing. They did refund us some of the money though.

inkycatz

dezire wrote:bought these last time they were on here, and it half of them didnt work right. They would turn on, but then if you shake it, then it would shut off. Disappointing. They did refund us some of the money though.

That's good to hear you got a partial refund at least. Thanks for checking back in.