0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Are they ever going to bring back the red one, or some other color? Guess they can't get rid of this whatever-color-it-is.

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80

I had my in-laws buy this last time around for our giant almost 3 year old (35 pounds, 40" tall) for their car. It's great for them to have because it's extremely light, folds up when not in use, and therefore can be taken out or put in with ease by anyone.
It uses the car's built in seat belts, so that was a "treat" for her to not be strapped in with a 5 point harness system.
I'm not sure if I'd personally use this 24/7 (undecided on that at this point) but it's a great for us to have as backup and as an extra one for the family who visits once a week with their car.
Also have to add that we got the green one, and it's a lime green, not a yellow green. I like the color.

tracibub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracibub

Excellent booster. Got two the last woot go round. They're new, exp date is in 2018 I believe. The kids love their special seats in Grammy's car.

BernieJDufrene

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BernieJDufrene

Confused here.... Says (green) yet image is Yellow. Please Explain.

boney04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boney04

100 lbs??? Do kids really have to sit in a booster seat when they are that big?

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80
BernieJDufrene wrote:Confused here.... Says (green) yet image is Yellow. Please Explain.

It's a true lime green. Not yellow at all. Picture is not correct.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

We have one like this, different color. If you need a booster seat, especially for a younger kid that may not be used to just a seat belt booster yet, this is perfect. Buy it, it's a very good deal (mine was $65 and that was on clearance). The reason it is better for a new booster user is that with the back on it they are more likely to stay in the correct position and not be leaning/flopping/moving around so much which is unsafe.

Also, they can still fall asleep in it without falling over, very important on longer trips.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

BernieJDufrene wrote:Confused here.... Says (green) yet image is Yellow. Please Explain.

Those are stock photos from the company. I'd go with the wooter comment above though.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cswerley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cswerley

I bought this booster seat on a previous Woot for my grandson. I absolutely love it! I drive a sports car and was worried about getting it in and out of the car. I do not have a problem at all. It is very easy to use with just the regular seat belt. I also love that it is easy to fold up to store in the trunk when I need to. I would definitely recommend this booster seat.

delorap

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delorap

I had an older generation of this seat for my older son and it was great - loads better than the Graco Turbo Booster (far sturdier, better padding, and folds when not in use). My younger son is just turning 3, so we're going to keep him in his convertible seat for a few more years, otherwise I'd definitely be in for a couple.

Crappy color aside, I'd highly recommend this for anyone who is on the fence about it, or is looking for a better booster than what they currently have.

bigmommajo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmommajo

It got some good reviews on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Compass-Adjustable-Booster/dp/B000JDM0VA
Cheapest I found was still $60... including s&h still saves me 10 bucks. In for 1!

skuzzpuppe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skuzzpuppe

Love these things. I have 4 of them. Tempted to buy these for my next kid even though I don't need it, jut because they are great seats and this is a good price. If you like the seat, but not the color, check Amazon, although you will spend about $20+ more for different colors. we got two red/grey models for my wife's van and two black/beige models for my truck. My girls love them, and the cup holders fold in to keep them out of the way when not needed. The back is easily adjusted and the positioning of the seat belt is better than other models I have had to use. Would recommend these things in a minute.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
cswerley wrote:I bought this booster seat on a previous Woot for my grandson. I absolutely love it! I drive a sports car and was worried about getting it in and out of the car. I do not have a problem at all. It is very easy to use with just the regular seat belt. I also love that it is easy to fold up to store in the trunk when I need to. I would definitely recommend this booster seat.

$44.99 previous two woots, like tonight:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5156806

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5108499

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
boney04 wrote:100 lbs??? Do kids really have to sit in a booster seat when they are that big?

Yes, it is optimal to boost to 100 pounds.

I have found that when your kids know that is the expectation, they sit in their boosters without giving any resistance.

This is an ideal seat, based on that weight range and the cost and configuration. The ease of use that everyone is mentioning is icing on the cake.

rossismyname

quality posts: 10 Private Messages rossismyname

We got two the last time they were up. Super easy to use, move between vehicles and travel (fly) with. We really like them overall, especially for the price.

Only complaint (and this may not be specific to this model as we haven't had others) is that our son always looks super uncomfortable when he falls asleep in it. There's no good way for him to rest his head.

Another thing that came up lat time that I can verify is that the manufacturing dates are from awhile back (can't think of the exact date now) to where they'll "expire" a little before our youngest is done with them.

dpn0121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dpn0121
lstaff wrote:Yes, it is optimal to boost to 100 pounds.

I know some adults who should probably use these then.

Petroglyph

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Petroglyph
charliecarroll wrote:Price Comparisons

Woot = $49.99 + $5 S&H

ebay = $74.99 fee S&H http://compare.ebay.com/like/170750783921?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Target = $69.99 + S&H, and sales tax Shipping and Tax calculated in last step of purchase. http://www.target.com/p/the-first-years-elegance-b505-booster-car-seat/-/A-13461466?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C13461466&CPNG=Baby&kpid=13461466&ci_gpa=pla&ci_sku=13461466&kpid=13461466&ci_gpa=pla&ci_sku=13461466

Diapers.com = $59.99 free S&H *Closest I could find to today's woot price http://www.diapers.com/p/the-first-years-compass-b505-booster-car-seat-sticks-stones-black-gray-320704?site=CA&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=ZSD-192&utm_campaign=Google&CAWELAID=1338790120&utm_content=pla&cagpspn=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

REVIEWS
http://reviews.wize.com/car-seats/p2015992-the-first-years-compass-b505-folding-booster

The diapers.com seat you listed can be combined with OHBABY10 for 10% off (new customers I think but there are similar codes)to get a little closer but the Woot price is still better. Down to color choice I guess.

...or ordering two or more for shipping bonus on Woot. I went with 2 from Woot.

melaniemays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melaniemays

What is the manufacture date on this seat?

laurajeff2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurajeff2001
melaniemays wrote:What is the manufacture date on this seat?

Per Woots Feature tab:
These seats were manufactured by The First Years October 2010. Based on manufacture date, these seats are safe until October 2017.

andklar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andklar
leilana80 wrote:I had my in-laws buy this last time around for our giant almost 3 year old (35 pounds, 40" tall) for their car. It's great for them to have because it's extremely light, folds up when not in use, and therefore can be taken out or put in with ease by anyone.
It uses the car's built in seat belts, so that was a "treat" for her to not be strapped in with a 5 point harness system.
I'm not sure if I'd personally use this 24/7 (undecided on that at this point) but it's a great for us to have as backup and as an extra one for the family who visits once a week with their car.
Also have to add that we got the green one, and it's a lime green, not a yellow green. I like the color.

Unfortunately, the color is as pictured. This color belongs only on bananas. I've purchased a couple of green Sharpies and my daughter and I will be making some modifications.