WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Will you have a Kids’ Table at Thanksgiving?
  • 30.8% - Uh-huh. It let’s ‘em have fun. 248
  • 14.2% - Nu-uh. It’s demeaning to everybody. 114
  • 2.9% - We’re eating out, so it’s up to the restaurant. 23
  • 5.5% - I’m just gonna make a pizza, throw it in the treehouse, and let Nature take its course. 44
  • 46.6% - I don’t have kids, but for some reason, I always come here to take the polls. I think I have a problem. 375
804 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Except the "kids" are all in their 30s. Then there's another "kids" table for under 20 down to 8. You just know that some of them at the older kids table are wondering who's going to die so they can get a seat at the adult table.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
pooflady wrote:Except the "kids" are all in their 30s. Then there's another "kids" table for under 20 down to 8. You just know that some of them at the older kids table are wondering who's going to die so they can get a seat at the adult table.

Ain't that the truth. I'm still at the kids table @ 25. My sister and our cousins have kids. We are still the kids.

We also have a tradition of having people get food by age (oldest first). I'm lucky if I get even a single square of cornbread.

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

There will only be one kid so really there is no point in having a kids table.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

I answered "Nu-uh" but just because we have the room, not because it is demeaning to the kids.

smallbigtall

quality posts: 4 Private Messages smallbigtall

I would have voted, but the option I would have picked contained a typographical error and I couldn't bring myself to support such grave oversight on behalf of the woot editors. Shame!

hipster wooter became hipster wooter before amazon thought it was cool

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
smallbigtall wrote:I would have voted, but the option I would have picked contained a typographical error and I couldn't bring myself to support such grave oversight on behalf of the woot editors. Shame!

I never let that stop me.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I'll be at work. To avoid the family dinner. Also because moneys.

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley

I'm supposed to be at the adult table but I sneak away to the kids table as soon as I get a chance.