WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Schleich Dinosaurs: Cold Blooded Thunder

It don't matter if you're Arthur Russell or Lou Barlow, EVERYONE loves dinosaurs. Carry a few home for your kid or save 'em for office decoration. They'll work either way. We don't need to explain why. You know the answer... in your heart.
Schleich official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm just hanging out, really.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I have an aspiring paleontologist at home...I wish these came as a set

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mrsque wrote:I have an aspiring paleontologist at home...I wish these came as a set

Remember the $5 All You Can Ship so you'll only pay $5 for shipping as long as you order them in the same day (before midnight CT).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Bluepeapod

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Bluepeapod

Picked up 10 of these on a previous woot. I know what you're thinking: "That's a lot of money for a toy dino." Well, the dinos are AWESOME. Not only are they very realistic, but they are HEAVY and sturdy (*would not recommend these for your dino lovers under 4 - if one gets chucked, it's your TV...). My little Dino-Dan-wanna-be is going to LOVE these on Christmas morning!!

ethibaul

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ethibaul
ThunderThighs wrote:Remember the $5 All You Can Ship so you'll only pay $5 for shipping as long as you order them in the same day (before midnight CT).

I would just suggest, that if others take advantage of this, like I did last time, that Woot packagers try to consolidate the orders... because boy did I catch hell from my husband for going on a shopping spree, when it was really just one box per dino!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

ethibaul wrote:I would just suggest, that if others take advantage of this, like I did last time, that Woot packagers try to consolidate the orders... because boy did I catch hell from my husband for going on a shopping spree, when it was really just one box per dino!!!

I know it seems weird. We don't have a shopping cart like other retailers to collect multiple purchases before shipping. Our sales are individual sales and shipped separately. We also ship from a variety of warehouses: directly from vendors, our warehouse, and multiple Fulfillment by Amazon warehouses.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rockteacherjan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockteacherjan
mrsque wrote:I have an aspiring paleontologist at home...I wish these came as a set

Be sure to get them all the same scale. There are 2 different scales in this group. Schleich numbers differentiate scale. Check sizes before you order. I goofed and wound up with one small and the rest large.

rockteacherjan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockteacherjan

These are great dinos! My kiddos loved them.

They are solid plastic and very realistic. Their
poses appear to be scientifically accurate.

I'm glad to see them back in time for Christmas shopping.

canis39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canis39

These look cool, but $27 for one plastic dinosaur seems a bit much, no matter how big and well-made it might be.

SinisterSalad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SinisterSalad

I was looking at these the other day @ Wally World for the youngin'. They are nice toys, for sure. Glad I didn't pick them up there, as they were at full retail pricing.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

What, no love for Utahraptor, the largest of the Dromaeosauridae family?

Also, where are the feathers?

Not that either of these shortcomings is likely to prevent me from buying my child far too many of these...

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Not as derpy as the last ones you had, but Carnegie and Papo are still better.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

mesauter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mesauter

Omens, Monsters, and Goblins! I bought a ton of those little nylon soccer shorts and each one came in a separate box. THen I bought 3 of the little soft sided camera cases, and they are also being shipped separately. I live in a small apartment and boxes need to be immediately chucked. What a pain, and way more expensive for WOOT than necessary.

ethibaul wrote:I would just suggest, that if others take advantage of this, like I did last time, that Woot packagers try to consolidate the orders... because boy did I catch hell from my husband for going on a shopping spree, when it was really just one box per dino!!!

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop
ThunderThighs wrote:I know it seems weird. We don't have a shopping cart like other retailers to collect multiple purchases before shipping. Our sales are individual sales and shipped separately. We also ship from a variety of warehouses: directly from vendors, our warehouse, and multiple Fulfillment by Amazon warehouses.

Sounds like there could be a very large efficiency gain by implementing an automated order consolidation process. Put a fulfillment hold on every order for an hour or two and then consolidate orders from the same user going to the same location. Amazon already has a delayed fulfillment process for Super Saving Shipping, so it doesn't feel like order consolidation should be terribly difficult to execute.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Ninkumpoop wrote:Sounds like there could be a very large efficiency gain by implementing an automated order consolidation process. Put a fulfillment hold on every order for an hour or two and then consolidate orders from the same user going to the same location. Amazon already has a delayed fulfillment process for Super Saving Shipping, so it doesn't feel like order consolidation should be terribly difficult to execute.

Sounds like some great feedback that I hope you've submitted using that beta feedback button! Thanks for it!

I'm just hanging out, really.

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner
Ninkumpoop wrote:Sounds like there could be a very large efficiency gain by implementing an automated order consolidation process. Put a fulfillment hold on every order for an hour or two and then consolidate orders from the same user going to the same location. Amazon already has a delayed fulfillment process for Super Saving Shipping, so it doesn't feel like order consolidation should be terribly difficult to execute.

I completely agree. Like @mesauter, I also bought a ton of the kid shorts a month or so ago… different sizes and color for my Wailer™ to grow into. I was absolutely shocked when they came in about 10 different boxes (over two days). At $2 each, you almost certainly had to lose your collective keister on that sale. :-/

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop
inkycatz wrote:Sounds like some great feedback that I hope you've submitted using that beta feedback button! Thanks for it!

Yes I did!

Miyari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miyari

These are great, but I find Papo! dinosaurs to be vastly superior in quality. Bring 'em on, woot!

http://www.dinosaurfarm.com/paprfi.html

ThunderThighs

Staff

Miyari wrote:These are great, but I find Papo! dinosaurs to be vastly superior in quality. Bring 'em on, woot!

http://www.dinosaurfarm.com/paprfi.html

We'll pass this info on. Thanks for sharing.

FORUM MODERATOR