Staff

Poll: I read to my kid:
  • 9.4% - Never 63
  • 17.7% - Sometimes, but not as much as I should 118
  • 25.4% - Regularly, but not every day 170
  • 40.6% - Every night before bed 271
  • 6.9% - Other (comments, please) 46
668 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

When ever my kid violates the UCMJ.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

dsentelle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsentelle

e) My kids can read well enough now they don't need/want to be read to anymore, but I used to daily and that's why they're in gifted.

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

Being a homeschooling parent all I do is read to my kids.

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

The bare minimum is two books before bed every night. I can't say I always feel like it, but I'm always glad I did it.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

When my kids were younger, it was every night. As they got older, I began reading the Harry Potter series to them. We finished it, but that was the last of my reading to them at night. Now they read on their own. I do miss it, but those are some of my favorite memories. And I'm happy they are capable of reading by themselves!

jonkk1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonkk1

They're in the 20s now, it would be kind of weird.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

when they were babies, I read to them every day. then, as they got older, started having them read to each other and me. now that they are 17, 14, and 11...yeah, they read but it's not the same. I miss those nights of reading to them.

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

I used to read to my kid every day, but around the age of 6 or 7, he started to get insulted if you tried to read to him, saying he could do it himself.

wootferret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootferret

I never read to my kid. My wife does that. I read faster than I can speak so the message comes out garbled. My wifes doesn't have that problem, so she does the reading-to-the-child. It's better that way.

mrswright1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrswright1

Nightly before bed, in the morning, at naptime, in the afternoon... My kid loves being read to, and sometimes, it's much more than I want to read to him. But I do every time he asks because I know he won't want me to do it for long and I will miss these days when they're not here anymore.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

My kid is too old for me to read to her. She reads to herself.

When she was younger, I read to her every night before bed.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Whenever they get a summons.

Siegelini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siegelini

At least twice a day without fail.

snshamilton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snshamilton

or (E.) Excessively
We read several times a day together. Then again I have smaller children so this is relative to their age... at least I hope so. I do not plan on reading to my kids when they are teenagers!