6%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Crab

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Crab

Is there a weight limitation? How heavy of a rugrat can this thing hold?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Crab wrote:Is there a weight limitation? How heavy of a rugrat can this thing hold?

I actually asked about this and they didn't give one. Just an age range. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

Who is this made by? I can't find it anywhere.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Seems like this would be great for weekend trips to Granny's house.

tomfaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomfaul

Isn't it Thomas the Train?

Anyways, anyone know how durable this thing is? My little one is pretty rough on, well, everything.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tomfaul wrote:Isn't it Thomas the Train?

Anyways, anyone know how durable this thing is? My little one is pretty rough on, well, everything.

Thomas the Tank Engine

I knew every dad-gum character when my son was little.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

It looks to be made by "Worlds Apart" and is called a ready bed...???

Seems to get good reviews though. I only find i tin the UK before now though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worlds-Apart-Thomas-Friends-First/dp/B006FT045Q

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

bchill419

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchill419

I really like this and wanted more info and this is what I found. A little disappointed by the reviews tho...
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3486487.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Crab

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Crab
ThunderThighs wrote:I actually asked about this and they didn't give one. Just an age range. Sorry.

Thanks.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
bchill419 wrote:I really like this and wanted more info and this is what I found. A little disappointed by the reviews tho...
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3486487.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

4.4 stars out of 144 reviews doesn't actually seem "bad" to me. I think it is probably quite good. Some of the "bad" reviews were clearly even without use as one woman wrote "It seems like my grandson will be sleeping on the floor" - which indicates she has only inflated it, but not even used it prior to reviewing it. Another bad review complained you still needed to add blankets as the blankets it comes with are thin (I can't fathom a bed you don't need a blanket of your own with).

I think I am probably in for 1. My kids don't *need* it, but for overnights it would help so no one is sleeping on the floor & I think they'd like it most likely. You have to keep in mind when reading reviews if people are being realistic about what you can expect from an inflatable mattress. For me, I wouldn't expect much as far as long term use or durability with toddler aged kids. We've never had an inflatable pool make it through a whole summer with no repairs & they don't even use that daily like they would a bed.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

"The ultimate sleepover solution!"

For 18 months to 3 years? Oh boy... that sounds like fun

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

Has anyone been able to track down weight or size limits beyond recommended age? I have a 2 year old who loves Thomas but he's 42 lbs, 40 inches and wears a clothing size 5T. So while I know he arrived on the Earth 2 years ago, he's more the size of a 4-5 year old. He'd love this but I don't want him to lay down and squash it like a bright red Thomas pancake. Thanks!!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

People in the UK seem to think this is for 2 yrs and up. A store I'm unfamiliar with (but appears to be a large chain) Argos and Babies 'r Us UK both have it listed as that on their website. The Babies 'r Us has a picture of a sizeable kid in the bed, so to me it looks like a 5 yr old could easily use the bed - but that is my completely unexpert opinion

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

zinfandelina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zinfandelina
tomfaul wrote:Isn't it Thomas the Train?

The American version of the show calls him Thomas the Train. Anyone who grew up watching the Ringo Starr version in the 80's/90's would have been watching the British version where he's called Thomas the Tank Engine. I have this argument with my American husband alllll the time as our daughter is a big fan of the series. I'm guessing this bed is originally from the UK. Too bad she's too old for this!

jeggers37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeggers37
ssand23 wrote:Has anyone been able to track down weight or size limits beyond recommended age? I have a 2 year old who loves Thomas but he's 42 lbs, 40 inches and wears a clothing size 5T. So while I know he arrived on the Earth 2 years ago, he's more the size of a 4-5 year old. He'd love this but I don't want him to lay down and squash it like a bright red Thomas pancake. Thanks!!

I was thinking the same thing about my nephew and he recently turned 3 but I figured the price is worth trying it out. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably use the duvet on it or do something crafty.

jespensc

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jespensc
zinfandelina wrote:The American version of the show calls him Thomas the Train. Anyone who grew up watching the Ringo Starr version in the 80's/90's would have been watching the British version where he's called Thomas the Tank Engine. I have this argument with my American husband alllll the time as our daughter is a big fan of the series. I'm guessing this bed is originally from the UK. Too bad she's too old for this!

Funny, there's an American version? I guess it depends on your PBS station in the US. Our broadcast PBS affiliate in Seattle always ran and advertised "Thomas the Tank Engine" in its full Brit-splendor. We still see it advertised that way, not "Thomas the Train."

lstaff

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lstaff

I will weigh in with my opinion which has no actual use of the product to back it up:

Thomas the Tank Engine. Calling it Thomas the Train is just plain wrong. I don't care if that's what some zombie * in America thinks, it's just plain wrong.

The person who didn't like the reviews may have not liked the paucity of reviews, or the quality of the reviews themselves, or that the reviewers had unrealistic expectations, but may have actually been pleased with the numerical rating.

Any child product can usually hold way more weight than posted or suggested. Please don't ask me how i know.

I searched and searched for the weight limit, and could find none. They have a toll-free call in number, but they aren't open on weekends. Sorry.

If i lived in TX i would volunteer my kids to woot! to test out any of these products. I have figured it out mathematically, and between all my kids i can reproduce any weight between 24 and 297 pounds. For real."|

* I used that word because i like to see how woot! substitutes it.

zinfandelina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zinfandelina
jespensc wrote:Funny, there's an American version? I guess it depends on your PBS station in the US. Our broadcast PBS affiliate in Seattle always ran and advertised "Thomas the Tank Engine" in its full Brit-splendor. We still see it advertised that way, not "Thomas the Train."

We don't have regular TV so we just have whatever's on Netflix. Some movies/series they call him Thomas the Train others they call him Thomas the Tank Engine.

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

Any chance of finding out the shipping weight of this item? Would like to ship it to the UK but not if it cost me as much as the item.

thanks

lstaff

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lstaff
KarenMarie wrote:Any chance of finding out the shipping weight of this item? Would like to ship it to the UK but not if it cost me as much as the item.

thanks

This is actually an item FROM the UK, so maybe order it from them directly???

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

Sorry Wooters - the vendor does not have a weight limit, only an age range.
The average weight of a 3 year old is 33 lbs.

Crab wrote:Thanks.

phd1235

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phd1235

You can get this from Amazon.com.uk or...according to their website, the weight is 1.9kg which is roughly 4.1 lbs!

p.s. You will pay the equivalent of about $48 with the exchange rate.

sugarpike

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sugarpike

Yuck - first thing I've bought since Amazon had to start charging tax. That kinda sucks.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

My 2.5yo (32lb, 38") outgrew the pack and play that we used as his travel bed. If I had still been looking for an alternative, I might have gone for this. Instead, he's in the other room sleeping on the Shrunks Tuckaire Toddler Inflatable Travel Bed. It doesn't have the kid appeal of Thomas, but he loves his new bed anyway. I like that it fits standard crib sheets and has side bumpers. The dimensions are a bit larger too, so those on the fence might want to consider their options.

ETA - The weight limit for the Shrunks is 150lb.

tallerteapot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tallerteapot

It's the length of a standard crib mattress, if that helps anyone. And it's ~4 inches from the standard width.