ypp75

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ypp75
mkdr wrote:I got 3 yesterday and 5 more today (didn't see the option to buy more than 3). Anyone think these might last for a year before use?

As a kid, we used to put glow sticks in the freezer to keep them glowing a few extra days (after they were snapped to turn "on"). I wonder if freezing would preserve life before snapping? We host a big 4th of July BBQ each year and I am buying ahead for that...

SolaraGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SolaraGuy

Just bought 10. Woohoo! If they don't arrive by Halloween I'll just cover my Christmas tree in them

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

In for three times the totally epicness. It would be very cool if these arrived before Halloween, but I hedged my bet and have a stash in hand of the ones from a week or so ago. My house is SO gonna be the cool house this year!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
SolaraGuy wrote:Just bought 10. Woohoo! If they don't arrive by Halloween I'll just cover my Christmas tree in them

OH MY WORD - that sounds totally awesome!!

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

visCera

quality posts: 1 Private Messages visCera

What is the lifespan of these stick by hours?
I know milspec grade chemlights can be anywhere from 8-12 hours for regular strength, 30 min. for high intensity.

kitchn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitchn

i wouldnt count on it getting there before halloween my shirt took 11 days to get here

mac daddy1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mac daddy1
doyle991 wrote:These are great for troops serving overseas. I've spent a fortune on these over the years so am definitely in for this price!

Great idea! My son will be celebrating new years eve in "'stan" land where alchohol is forbidden. These will be perfect with alcohol-free champagne for a "dry-buzz". Yes, there really is such a thing. In for 10 and plenty of time to ship.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

bought 3 yesterday and 10 today.
I have 312 glowsticks now!!

bob671

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob671
sste0390 wrote:We bought these last year and gave them out to trick-or-treaters... at $.17 each, it was by far cheaper than candy, and we were definitly the favorite house on the street!

So, when you hand them out, do you give them the whole package or do you give it to them opened and already glowing? I'm worried some kid may open it and take a bite thinking it's candy!

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I brought two sets because I don't get many trick or treaters but now that I've unlocked free shipping, I feel compelled to buy something else or more light sticks since this woot seems lacking. How many lights sticks do I really need?

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
bob671 wrote:So, when you hand them out, do you give them the whole package or do you give it to them opened and already glowing? I'm worried some kid may open it and take a bite thinking it's candy!

Unless the kid is a werewolf, they won't be able to chew through the plastic. Even if they did, the contents are non-toxic (though they do taste pretty nasty from what I've read).

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
morninglark wrote:I brought two sets because I don't get many trick or treaters but now that I've unlocked free shipping, I feel compelled to buy something else or more light sticks since this woot seems lacking. How many lights sticks do I really need?

morninglark

cleverett wrote:187.

187 doesn't divide into 24 evenly.

shushine999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999
morninglark wrote:I brought two sets because I don't get many trick or treaters but now that I've unlocked free shipping, I feel compelled to buy something else or more light sticks since this woot seems lacking. How many lights sticks do I really need?

Well, I will give them out to trick or treaters from the last couple sales, (already here, GREAT shipping speed, Woot!!), throw a few in with all kid's birthday packages, keep 2 or 3 in EVERY drawer in the house for power outages, put a handful in each vehicle, throw them in the hot tub occasionally, and use a ton of them for camping, hunting and fishing - I mean A TON. SO - I bought 72 two weeks ago, 72 more a week ago, 240 under my account tonight, and 240 more under another account - so I'm up to, what ....624 of them now???
Yup!
I'll go through the first 144 of them handing them out on Halloween alone!!!

morninglark

Ok, your suggestion make sense. Two sets for Halloween one for van and camping and one for assorted gifts. 4,sets for a total of what? It's past my bedtime. . .see the morning crew later.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

The glowsticks were a huge hit for Halloween. I hope Woot offers them again next year.

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

Thanks Woot for coming through with flying colors...how do you do it? Shipping was lightning fast and these arrived a DAY BEFORE Halloween and all 10 cases were given out to screaming monstrous kids who could be heard shouting from blocks around, 'THEY HAVE GLOW STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!'

The other cases of glow sticks from two weeks prior were passed out in da club and were major awesome sauce fun.

You rock, Woot!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

gina3graces wrote:Thanks Woot for coming through with flying colors...how do you do it? Shipping was lightning fast and these arrived a DAY BEFORE Halloween and all 10 cases were given out to screaming monstrous kids who could be heard shouting from blocks around, 'THEY HAVE GLOW STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!'

The other cases of glow sticks from two weeks prior were passed out in da club and were major awesome sauce fun.

You rock, Woot!

oh, stop with the flattery! it goes straight to our head!

glad you had fun at da club.
hope you enjoyed a bottle full of bubb.
next time you're there, you should come and give me a hug.

etc.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.