Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

Didn't they just sell these yesterday?

brickfrenzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brickfrenzy
cappo wrote:Didn't they just sell these yesterday?

Who cares. Cheap glow sticks are AWESOME. They're great for Halloween. They're great for camping. They're great for temporary night lights. Yes, I bought 10 cases. BOOYAH.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

I think the other ones were the electric ones and only 4 per pack.

foosmaniac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foosmaniac

24 for 4 bucks--that has to be a good deal--if I am reading correctly

sste0390

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sste0390

We bought these last year and gave them out to trick-or-treaters... at $.17 each, it was by far cheaper than candy, and we were definitly the favorite house on the street!

brickfrenzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brickfrenzy
foosmaniac wrote:24 for 4 bucks--that has to be a good deal--if I am reading correctly

They're $1 per 2 pack at the dollar store, so yeah, a very good deal.

foosmaniac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foosmaniac
sste0390 wrote:We bought these last year and gave them out to trick-or-treaters... at $.17 each, it was by far cheaper than candy, and we were definitly the favorite house on the street!

I thought about giving them to m y soccer team 6 and 7 year olds but now that is a great idea too--must buy more

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
foosmaniac wrote:24 for 4 bucks--that has to be a good deal--if I am reading correctly

Last time I bought them they were $1.99 for 24... but you still had to pay 5 bucks shipping on every order back then so it kind of cancels it out.

ecnica

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ecnica

I bought 3 sets last year to give out for Halloween, gave a couple to this one little girl and she went to her stroller got the one that was on her stroller and gave it to me, I guess she wanted to trade.

slowpoke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slowpoke
cappo wrote:Didn't they just sell these yesterday?

Deja vu. Yes, same item at the same price yesterday. They also sold the battery powered flashsticks earlier today.

mckeerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mckeerd

These are awesome.

Lets be honest here..... they are awesome for when you are on drugs. And these are the cheapest and best glowsticks I have ever found.

I usually take these to concerts and pass them out and get a lot of free stuff in return.

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.

mckeerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mckeerd

I forgot to mention...

in for 10!!!!!

aka in for 10x the awesomeness at my next concert

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.

Sabathia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sabathia

My sons just informed me this is a very good deal.

ecnica

I wonder if they are going to be here by Halloween? I'm about 15 miles north from Woot warehouse but sometimes Smart post sometimes take 4-5 business days to deliver my package.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

I have a raccoon friend that just loves to play with these things.

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

I was in for 3 when they had them this past spring. Yup, got a screaming deal on 72 chem lights. The kids love them, but somehow we still have tons.

kayboss

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kayboss

Totally in for some! My kids love "glow baths" so these will be cheap and perfect!!

@CrystalFeathers

doyle991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doyle991

These are great for troops serving overseas. I've spent a fortune on these over the years so am definitely in for this price!

In the back 40

flammablesquid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages flammablesquid

I ordered these yesterday, and they showed up today! They're really pretty cool. In for 3 more!

xomgitsshanx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xomgitsshanx

In for three super great deal for awesome bright light sticks

~XOMGITSSHANX~

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

Just like yesterday two-day shipping is $8 per set. For three sets that's $24.

They will ship in the same box. It's not going to cost three times as much to ship three.

Oh, well.

wootietootiefrootie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootietootiefrootie
ecnica wrote:I bought 3 sets last year to give out for Halloween, gave a couple to this one little girl and she went to her stroller got the one that was on her stroller and gave it to me, I guess she wanted to trade.

Same--it was a hit last year at Halloween, but I doubt they would ship in time this year.

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
slowpoke wrote:Deja vu. Yes, same item at the same price yesterday. They also sold the battery powered flashsticks earlier today.

They were 4.99 on oct. 10 woot. so I guess this is a sale !

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

I got 3 yesterday and 5 more today (didn't see the option to buy more than 3). Anyone think these might last for a year before use?

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

cleverett

ceagee wrote:They were 4.99 on oct. 10 woot. so I guess this is a sale !

They were $2.99 on 10/6/2011. However, to be fair, that was when Woot! charged $5 shipping on each item. This time I paid less because the shipping was free.

cleverett

mkdr wrote:I got 3 yesterday and 5 more today (didn't see the option to buy more than 3). Anyone think these might last for a year before use?

I'm still using some I bought last October. There's definitely some degradation...the blue ones especially aren't as bright and don't last nearly as long as they did when new.

gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

I just bought these from Woot and immediately took them to the clubs to pass out to partiers on the dance floor. Major fun! They all glowed brightly; the cord necklace is literally a snap to put together. One quick 'crack' and then shake, shake, shake and the glow stick is good to go. Lasted all night till the bars closed at 3am.

I just purchased 10 more sets for Halloween club debauchery.

GET YOUR GLOW ON!

kalvin482002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalvin482002

Only allowed to buy 3 but I still tried to buy 3 more and it worked, and it worked twice for a total of 216 glow sticks! Greatt

ecnica

I ordered 3 sets, hopefully if they ship them tomorrow they can be delivered by Tuesday/Wednesday next week, too bad they don't allow local pick up.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Doing the math made my brain hurt a little..

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

zmama123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zmama123
ecnica wrote:I wonder if they are going to be here by Halloween? I'm about 15 miles north from Woot warehouse but sometimes Smart post sometimes take 4-5 business days to deliver my package.

Ordered 3 packs yesterday, and they would have been delivered today if UPS hadn't left them off the truck this morning. In for another 7 boxes today with fingers crossed that they are another speedy delivery and will be ready for trick-or-treat.

gina3graces

There is a clear cap (called the hanger) that snaps taut on the glow sticks. This part is very important. Make sure you really, really push the glow stick firmly ALL THE WAY in the plastic hanger piece. Then you're good to go with threading the simple lanyard through the eye hole of the plastic hanger. The lanyard screw snaps. After you 'crack' the glow stick, shake vigorously to get the glowiest glow going. Throughout the night, give it a few more vigorous shakes to mix. This keeps the color of the glow stick uniformly glowing.

dieseltravis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dieseltravis

Perfect for Halloween! But will they make it here in time with Standard shipping....

gina3graces

Woot has been delivering all my merchandise at dizzying speeds lately. Literally one or two days tops. MAJOR AWESOME SAUCE, WOOT!

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

definitely a good deal for glow sticks _this_ size. so I"ll be in for more.

SolaraGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SolaraGuy

This is also good for those people that sell glow items at the beach on New Year's or Independence Day. Good way to make double your money.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
cleverett wrote:I'm still using some I bought last October. There's definitely some degradation...the blue ones especially aren't as bright and don't last nearly as long as they did when new.

Thanks for the info! I've got a 5 yr old birthday party next oct and I'm sure these will be a hit. If I get them now, they will be sold every woot off between now and then. If I don't - never again

Either way all these glow sticks will be awesome fun for the kids.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

sharond95

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharond95

I'm up here in WA state and ordered some Oct. 10... They got here on the 16th. If Woot ships at the same speed, the ones I ordered today should get here before Halloween and I live almost as far away from HQ as you can get. Hopefully everyone will get theirs before Halloween!

zipporah

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zipporah
sste0390 wrote:We bought these last year and gave them out to trick-or-treaters... at $.17 each, it was by far cheaper than candy, and we were definitly the favorite house on the street!

I was just thinking these would be great to give out for Halloween. In for 10! Here's hoping they arrive on time.