WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Would you ever consider adoption?
  • 79.1% - Of course! There are so many children that need a good home. 790
  • 20.9% - I don’t think so. If I can’t have my own, then kids are not for me. 209
999 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

adoption what?

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

I have considered it, and taken the plunge, and have amazing 8 year old twins to show for it.

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley

Too poor at the moment but it's part of our 5-10 year plan.

ddashby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddashby

Has to be D, cause your point issssss?
also there's always the ole choice of C -Been there, done that. Again I don't see a point.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

3 kids and 1 on the way. I don't think we can handle any more.

If we couldn't have kids of our own, then most definitely we would adopt!

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

Wish we could, costs too much.

chellebub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellebub

Adoption does not have to be expensive nor do you have to be rich. There are alot of kids that are in foster care that need homes. Check with your local agency and you will find out it isn't alot like you think. We adopted a sibling group of 5 and all we needed to pay for was the cost of their birth certificates.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

If I could afford it, I would do it in a heartbeat.

candiceb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages candiceb

Most likely not. My partner is adopted and did not have the best adoption experience. He and I aren't trying for children, but if we were and had issues, I think we would just accept nature and move on as I don't imagine that would be the best option for us. I joke that I'll be a crazy old dog lady.

I have to add, I'm terrified of ever doing fertility treatments. A co-worker of mine started fertility treatments after two years of unsuccessful attempts to conceive naturally, and ended up with sextuplets. I'm completely serious. Morally she didn't feel like she could reduce so she managed to carry them all to 30 weeks. Needless to say she had to give up her career because the cost of childcare would have been more money than she was paid. Not that there's anything wrong with people who choose to stay at home, but that is certainly not a fate I would choose for myself.

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

Considered it after many years of infertility treatments. Did it and now have two wonderful boys that call me Mom. Adopted from within the Foster Care system. Would encourage anyone to do the same and help the children in this country who need loving homes and stability.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing

You forgot the third option:

"Sure. How much do you think I could get for them?"

tinyfeet03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinyfeet03

Yes I would. Im a happy mother of 4, donde comen 4 comen 5, there are so many children out there that need love, attention, someone they can count on.

hoppiebarker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoppiebarker

Adoption is SO expensive "if" you're looking for a healthy new born or foreign adoption. Four bio kids and 15 yrs. of foster care later...Made the decision to adopt v.s. band aiding another 15 yrs. of foster kids and dealing with an inept system. We have adopted 4 kids through the special needs adoption program. They have taught me more about life and love than all my life's experiences combined.