0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

indiegeek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages indiegeek

Note: There are no actual Muppets to be found on these recordings. I bought this previously for my daughter, and the recordings are largely public domain songs recorded by heavily sedated studio musicians. Again, if you expect to actually hear Elmo, Grover, etc, etc, etc.. you're not going to find them here.

ildoubleril

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ildoubleril

Thank you very much. So since my twins love Elmo I won't buy this for them.

Double R

liztull

quality posts: 13 Private Messages liztull

A friend of mine, a Kindergarten teacher, told me that unlike several years ago, few kids enter school knowing classic nursery rhymes. She said she's noticed a difference in young kids being able to detect rhymes, which is somewhat concerning because rhyming is a basic early literacy skill. So I'd assume books like these with simple rhymes (and in the Read and Sing with Elmo book where similar words are misheard), are really helpful with phoneme understanding.

muzishn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages muzishn

We just bought one of these for our 3 year old from...wait for it...our local dollar store. Hopefully that tells you what you need to know. Nothing all that special here and yes, the CDs are horribly cheesy, not that I'd expect a chart-topping musical experience from a read/sing-along book.

lorenastevens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorenastevens

I purchased all of these at my local dollar store recently.

jdiazj1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdiazj1

Good price but my local Family Dollar has each book / cd combo for a dollar a piece. I have been able to get about 4 different ones, need to find the rest.

havocsback

quality posts: 4 Private Messages havocsback

The Family Dollar availability coupled with the low-to-Muppet-free experience completes the dealkilling for me.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud
havocsback wrote:The Family Dollar availability coupled with the low-to-Muppet-free experience completes the dealkilling for me.

Me too. I'll stop by the Family Dollar on the way home and if they have it, I'll pick one up to see how the tot takes to it. If its good I'll get more if they have them, if not I'll reconsider this woot.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

christinab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christinab

So glad I read these posts before jumping the gun and buying stuff. I think all of you have saved me hundreds of $$ over the years.

streetcw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

lolz

christinab wrote:So glad I read these posts before jumping the gun and buying stuff. I think all of you have saved me hundreds of $$ over the years.

WOOT before Work

XD2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XD2005
lorenastevens wrote:I purchased all of these at my local dollar store recently.

I aslo was able to get these from the dollar store in my area. NOT worth paying 14.99 plus shipping for these books. My daughter does love them, but go to the dollar store to get them.