WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bumbo Floor Seat w/ Play Tray

Speed to First Woot:
5m 13.333s
First Sucker:
amypace25
Last Wooter to Woot:
thnkblue21
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 32% of Kids Woots
Bottom 39% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 30% of Kids Woots
Top 38% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 19% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 31% < 10 woots
  • 23% < 25 woots
  • 20% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 15% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 20% one year old
  • 64% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 3% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
3%
1%
2%
1%
1%
3%
6%
8%
8%
6%
6%
3%
7%
5%
3%
5%
3%
3%
3%
4%
4%
4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


morpheus282


quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282

I thought these were recalled due to parents who couldn't read the warning label:
WARNING: DO NOT USE ON ELEVATED SURFACES

Or the other label:
WARNING: ONLY USE THIS SEAT ON THE FLOOR

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

morpheus282 wrote:I thought these were recalled due to parents who couldn't read the warning label:
WARNING: DO NOT USE ON ELEVATED SURFACES

Or the other label:
WARNING: ONLY USE THIS SEAT ON THE FLOOR




As stated on the Features & Specs tab:

On August 15, 2012, The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Bumbo International announced a voluntary recall of Bumbo Baby Seats to provide a free repair kit with a restraint belt and a warning sticker emphasizing that the seat should be used on the floor only. Our sale includes this repair kit provided directly from Bumbo International. Do not use the Bumbo Baby Seat until the restraint belt and new warning sticker have been properly added to your seat.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Repair kit installation video:


Newscast story on the recall, ?pre-repair kit?


and if you're having trouble reaching the government announcement, here it is
archived at google with concerns of falling out without restraint, including skull fractures (particularly if on raised surface). Nothing on the website reports if any injuries while in the restraint.

pre-recall review:


2 year ago review:

smadsen01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smadsen01

It's $50 at Walmart. Woot used to be about 50% off with $5 shipping.. they're really slacking now.

suzika


quality posts: 8 Private Messages suzika

They've sold 3.85 million and had 45 injuries. I'd say they are pretty safe, just use common sense.

In other words, don't leave your kid unattended in one. Don't use it on an elevated surface. Now that they have a restraint, use it.

My sister has one she has used for her last three kids and it is awesome. They have all loved it and not even her wild little boy (and I mean wild, he is full of energy) has been hurt in it.

My sis-in-law uses one as well and her daughter loves it, too. It is great for babies who still have balance issues when seated.

hookhams


quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

Never, ever had a problem with the bumbo. It was better than the swing, but the jumperoo beats it depending on how old your kid is. Helps tremendously with posture and my son sat in it for years as a highchair saving me $$

The best was my son in the bumbo watching Baby Einstein's...perfect quiet time for dad!

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
suzika wrote:They've sold 3.85 million and had 45 injuries. I'd say they are pretty safe, just use common sense.

In other words, don't leave your kid unattended in one. Don't use it on an elevated surface. Now that they have a restraint, use it.



I agree that the injury rate is low, and I agree about "common sense", but...as of August 15, 2012:

"Incidents/Injuries: CPSC and Bumbo International know of at least 50 incidents after the October 2007 voluntary recall in which babies fell from a Bumbo seat while it was being used on a raised surface. Nineteen of those incidents included reports of skull fractures. CPSC and Bumbo International are aware of an additional 34 post-recall reports of infants who fell out or maneuvered out of a Bumbo seat used on the floor or at an unknown elevation, resulting in injury. Two of these incidents involved reports of skull fractures, while others reported bumps, bruises and other minor injuries."

cvcoast


quality posts: 15 Private Messages cvcoast

So it's not a time-out device?

falken


quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken
whatsamattaU wrote:I agree that the injury rate is low, and I agree about "common sense", but...as of August 15, 2012:

"Incidents/Injuries: CPSC and Bumbo International know of at least 50 incidents after the October 2007 voluntary recall in which babies fell from a Bumbo seat while it was being used on a raised surface. Nineteen of those incidents included reports of skull fractures. CPSC and Bumbo International are aware of an additional 34 post-recall reports of infants who fell out or maneuvered out of a Bumbo seat used on the floor or at an unknown elevation, resulting in injury. Two of these incidents involved reports of skull fractures, while others reported bumps, bruises and other minor injuries."



I love how they group floor and unknown elevation in to the same category. I guarentee the 2 skull fractures were the "unknown elevation".

Use it on the floor (like you were always suppose to) and never leave your child unattended.

I wish people would not blame products for their own stupidity.

TCayer


quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

I had one of these.
I used it on elevated surfaces.
I had no problems.
You know what i DIDN'T do?
LEAVE MY BABY SITTING UNATTENDED ON A TABLE IN A FOAM SEAT!!!
Even with a seat belt, the seat can fall down if you leave a squirming kid in it unattended. We loved ours...

jedistardust


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedistardust

Got one of these (for cheaper than this on ebay) My daughter hated it and wouldn't sit for more than 5 minutes before screaming, and a lot of other moms said their kids couldn't even fit into it because the holes for the legs were too small to fit those little chubby baby thighs.

bleatzor


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bleatzor
jedistardust wrote:Got one of these (for cheaper than this on ebay) My daughter hated it and wouldn't sit for more than 5 minutes before screaming, and a lot of other moms said their kids couldn't even fit into it because the holes for the legs were too small to fit those little chubby baby thighs.



I agree. We were able to use it for about 3 weeks before the thighs of plenty stopped fitting in the leg holes. For the last week of that the standard procedure was to just pick the baby up with the seat attached and peel it off him. If you have a chubby baby you might not get much use out of this.

my2k2zx2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages my2k2zx2

Our twins love these better. Plus they have straps to secure it to a chair, like a booster.

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-Bebepod-Flex-Watermelon/dp/B004NRNSZK/ref=sr_1_18?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1350138917&sr=1-18

mrgrogg


quality posts: 10 Private Messages mrgrogg

My son had a habit of arching his back in what everybody told me was an excellent yoga pose. He started doing this at about three months old.

I put him in this, and he immediately arched his back which ejected him from the seat and flopped him out of it, falling backwards, and he landed on his head. Fortunately, it was on the floor and there was no injury. But he simply would not stay in it.

He looked amazingly cute in it, but would never stay. It needs a seatbelt.

EDIT: Just looked more closely at the picture. Apparently they have seatbelts now! That being the case, if my two-year old was four months old again, I might give it another try.

----------
How much work could a network net if a network could net work?

streetcw


quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

once again these can be found on craigslist and can be cleaned easily.
$15 will buy you one again on amazon. tray table just leaves more room for injury.. putting the child on the kitchen table with the tray table... hmmm child falling out of seat?

WOOT before Work

mrgrogg


quality posts: 10 Private Messages mrgrogg
streetcw wrote:tray table just leaves more room for injury..



I disagree. Without the tray table, these are totally useless. What kid would want to just sit in a chair without being able to reach anything?

The tray table means that you can put food or toys right in front of them and they can play while seated. It helps build their core muscles and is actually very good for them. Alas, I had mine prior to the addition of seatbelts and my little boy wouldn't stay in it so he didn't benefit anyway. With the belt, I'll definitely try again with my next kid. But also definitely WITH the tray.

----------
How much work could a network net if a network could net work?

pattwist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattwist

Both my daughters loved their Bumbo. In fact, the youngest cried every time we took her out of it. We felt bad leaving her in it so much, but she was just so content sitting in it playing with stuff on the tray. The seat is amazing.

pattwist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattwist

I had two fat babies. I mean FAT. Both were born 10+ pounds and only got bigger. Neither ever had a problem fitting their fat thighs into our Bumbos.

morpheus282


quality posts: 6 Private Messages morpheus282
ThunderThighs wrote:As stated on the Features & Specs tab:

On August 15, 2012, The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Bumbo International announced a voluntary recall of Bumbo Baby Seats to provide a free repair kit with a restraint belt and a warning sticker emphasizing that the seat should be used on the floor only. Our sale includes this repair kit provided directly from Bumbo International. Do not use the Bumbo Baby Seat until the restraint belt and new warning sticker have been properly added to your seat.



My point was that these things already came with warning labels from the first day they were sold, but people refused to read them. I actually saw it happen once when the mother put one on top of a picnic table. Thankfully the kid was caught and not hurt, but if the warning label had been heeded...

c5alkeld


quality posts: 0 Private Messages c5alkeld

I owned one of these, and returned it to walmart cause it was recalled by playschool. I wouldn't by it

christopher salkeld