WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How well did your kid do at their first haircut?
  • 40.1% - No tears! 202
  • 20.2% - A little whining, but good. 102
  • 10.1% - I had to bribe him/her with treats to get them to settle. 51
  • 21.8% - They brought out the leather restraints. 110
  • 7.7% - Other (tell your story in the comments) 39
504 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

IDisposable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IDisposable

Begged me to do it...

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

I used duck tape to hold him down.
mk

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Smooth sailing on the first one and along about the third haircut was when he started to fidget, fuss and being a general pain-in-the-butt.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

She loved it, everyone watching her have her hair played with while telling her how cute she is? Laps that up the lil devil'.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

one son completely lost it and the other took it like a champ! my daughter was probably 10 when she got her first haircut and, even then, she asked for it...no problems

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

My daughter was letting her hair grow out but last summer, she was 7 and she saw a new bit on the Locks of Love campaign. So that's when she had her first haircut. Three out of four of us did it, my husband, myself and my daughter. My son opted out since his hair wasn't long enough. It was really cool and she thought it was great that her hair was going to go help other kids that were sick.

Now she's letting it grow so she can do it again in a few more years.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

No tears, but they're so ticklish it was a real adventure. 'Tickle tears' were rolling & their sides hurt from laughing.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

I do it myself so it's never been a problem.