1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

buyitjody

quality posts: 6 Private Messages buyitjody

1 star reviews on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Ideal-1023-The-Majestic-Dollhouse/product-reviews/B003B9Q87G

[MOD: Note that it's 2 reviews.]

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80

So those Amazon reviews are pretty awful... yet I'm still hopeful and still want to buy one.
Anyone have one of these? Is it as bad as they say it is?

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten

With those reviews, no wonder amazon is offloading stock at a discount here.... Seems worth it for a "large craft project" for kids who enjoy putting things together, if they aren't fussy about quality, at around the $25-30 price point. Sorry woot, at $45 including shipping, you don't have me on this one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kschouten wrote:With those reviews, no wonder amazon is offloading stock at a discount here.... Seems worth it for a "large craft project" for kids who enjoy putting things together, if they aren't fussy about quality, at around the $25-30 price point. Sorry woot, at $45 including shipping, you don't have me on this one.

Ahem, we do not get stock from Amazon. We wish we could get stock from Amazon. That might be pretty cool sometimes. However, the reality is that we have a group of buyers that secure these deals.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Does anyone know if this set adheres to a specific scale? Does anyone know the room height? Does anyone happen to have any useful measurements for any of the pieces (table height, chair height, bed length, etc.)?

knerr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knerr
vladistov wrote:Does anyone know if this set adheres to a specific scale? Does anyone know the room height? Does anyone happen to have any useful measurements for any of the pieces (table height, chair height, bed length, etc.)?

To answer directly, no. But, the specs say it's three feet tall, so if you subtract the roof, I'd say you're looking at about 9-10" room height.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

Well, *at least* a couple dozen of them have sold. I'm hoping that the folks who get them will head over to Amazon and write their own reviews (with pictures! Amazon lets you upload pictures, you know!) so that when it inevitably comes back around, the rest of us can make a more informed decision.

shelldav

quality posts: 8 Private Messages shelldav

Huffy replies to snarky comments? That never happened when this was really Woot. Negative comments were encouraged as a healthy part of Woot culture. Oh well, everything else has changed. Why not?

ThunderThighs wrote:Ahem, we do not get stock from Amazon. We wish we could get stock from Amazon. That might be pretty cool sometimes. However, the reality is that we have a group of buyers that secure these deals.

ThunderThighs

Staff

shelldav wrote:Huffy replies to snarky comments? That never happened when this was really Woot. Negative comments were encouraged as a healthy part of Woot culture. Oh well, everything else has changed. Why not?

No problem with negative comments. There's also no problem with correcting misconceptions. And there's a misconception right up there.

(And we've always been snarky.)

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Adelas wrote:Well, *at least* a couple dozen of them have sold. I'm hoping that the folks who get them will head over to Amazon and write their own reviews (with pictures! Amazon lets you upload pictures, you know!) so that when it inevitably comes back around, the rest of us can make a more informed decision.

They can also return to this thread and give a review and add photos. Many wooters look to the comments in the threads from previous sales for post-sale feedback.

We encourage you to leave feedback.

FORUM MODERATOR

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ThunderThighs wrote:No problem with negative comments. There's also no problem with correcting misconceptions. And there's a misconception right up there.

(And we've always been snarky.)

Do you think it would be worth woot's (like on the front page or FAQ) or your effort (like in your signature) to put up the "we don't get our stock from Amazon" disclaimer somewhere? I like but don't love Amazon, I like some of the changes since I joined, so I'm not speaking as a fanboy. I just get sick of the "Amazon bought woot and therefore "__________" is horrible now, a lot of times looking through rose colored glasses at pre-Amazon. I don't want to read 20 comments about how awful Woot/the product is if I want to read up worthwhile info on a product. If nothing else, it looks like the shipping help from Amazon is something people rarely acknowledge as a good thing.

Or maybe you just have this kind of reaction and just let them go:

P.S. If you search for "Majestic Dollhouse", you can find more places sold like this: $99.99 vs. $39.99 here
http://www.fao.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4051636

or at Toys R Us, not liking the flimsiness in 2 reviews, same $99.99:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4051636#showReviews

or $109.09 at QVC:
http://www.qvc.com/The-Majestic-Doll-House.product.T124990.html

or better reviews when Dollhouses Galore had them in stock:
http://www.dollhousesgalore.com/ready-to-play-dollhouses/plastic-dollhouses/themajesticdollhousedecoratorkitwith6rooms1inchscale.cfm#reviews

Bye

dcbjcb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcbjcb

Thanks for the reviews in the PS from other sites, very helpful and for $45 I think it's worth it just for all the extras included. I have to start thinking about Christmas morning this year!
(I still have one of the huge wooden Melissa & Doug doll houses from several months ago stored away waiting for someone to put it together for our girls... This seems easier than that!)

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
whatsamattaU wrote:. . . I don't want to read 20 comments about how awful Woot/the product is if I want to read up worthwhile info on a product. . . .

In my experience, there's not much you can do about that. You may consider that perhaps the problem lies in the individual, and not so much what they have to say. Amazon-comments are an easy target, the lamest prey in back of the herd; remove them, and I believe you'll find the same predators making negative remarks about something else.

I think ThunderThighs actually does quite well with the 'moderation by participation' strategy.

Proverbs 15:1

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
vladistov wrote:In my experience, there's not much you can do about that. You may consider that perhaps the problem lies in the individual, and not so much what they have to say. Amazon-comments are an easy target, the lamest prey in back of the herd; remove them, and I believe you'll find the same predators making negative remarks about something else.

I think ThunderThighs actually does quite well with the 'moderation by participation' strategy.

Proverbs 15:1

I know, just frustrating to see people also complain about why their comments are deleted without giving it a thought. Your verse is appropriate.

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80

Holy FAST SHIPPING, Batman! I just received my house today. Because it is supposed to be a Christmas gift for my almost 3 year old, I won't be taking it out of the package until December... so unfortunately I have no helpful comments on whether it stinks (or not).
But very pleased- and incredibly surprised- with the crazy fast shipping! TWO DAYS. I placed the order Wednesday. It is Friday. Geez!

sqdly2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sqdly2

I emailed Woots support on 12/20/12 for help and yet to have heard back from them. I purchased this for my daughter for the hollidays and when I opened the box the instructions were missing. I asked for help and a copy of the instructions. 11 days later and still have not heard back and my daughter has not been able to play with her 1st doll house.This has been a very bad experience for me with woot. Please help

ThunderThighs

Staff

sqdly2 wrote:I emailed Woots support on 12/20/12 for help and yet to have heard back from them. I purchased this for my daughter for the hollidays and when I opened the box the instructions were missing. I asked for help and a copy of the instructions. 11 days later and still have not heard back and my daughter has not been able to play with her 1st doll house.This has been a very bad experience for me with woot. Please help

I'm sorry for the delay in the response. Have you checked your email spam folder? We seem to end up there quite a bit.

I'm emailing CS to see if that helps.

Here's the Poof-Slinky / Ideal website that had a phone number. They may be able to get the instructions for you quicker.

http://www.scientificexplorer.com/

FORUM MODERATOR