WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Halloween Waxing For Kids!

Halloween costume? I don't know what you're talking about. I always reach for a tube of Zach's Wax when I need to touch-up my graying hair back to its original luxurious blue color. But while we're on the subject of Halloween styles, check out these helpful gels! As pretty as a glow stick!
Zach's Wax official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What outrageous color have you dyed your hair?

I'm just hanging out, really.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Makes me nostalgic for Manic Panic. And yeah, I know it's still around, but these days girls with funky hair color are a dime a dozen; in '91 it was a pretty radical thing!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mdillard9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

I used to use Ice Spiker brand when I was into this stuff. I remember doing big Liberty spikes each one a different color. Fun times.

katjim00

quality posts: 7 Private Messages katjim00

I bought some of this earlier this year from Hobby Lobby for my son's crazy hair day at school and LOVED it! Granted his hair is blonde, but the colors were great and the gel held very well. It also washed out easily. The red left a tint for a while, but like I said his hair is blonde so I expected that...

Here's a pic of it

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

I can't get the Max's official website to work. What is the url for the site?

bpr2

quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

No orange dye? I wanted to dye my hair orange and make a jackolatern

that was fun while it lasted!

NoPoopFromU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoPoopFromU

I would like to order more than one color... how do I do that without paying seperate shipping charges?

teevoo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo
NoPoopFromU wrote:I would like to order more than one color... how do I do that without paying seperate shipping charges?

With the $5 all you can ship (daily), you will only pay shipping on the first order.

see the upper right for more info

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80
miken927 wrote:Makes me nostalgic for Manic Panic. And yeah, I know it's still around, but these days girls with funky hair color are a dime a dozen; in '91 it was a pretty radical thing!

Ahh, Manic Panic. The cheap dye that was so runny it dripped all over everywhere and dyed everything it touched. I had several good summers with that stuff...
Although for me it was more towards the years '95+

traquy

quality posts: 47 Private Messages traquy

If I order 3 of these am I going to get them shipped as one tiny tube each in 3 separate large boxes like I got the nylon kids shorts a while ago? Seriously, woot needs to learn how to combine shipping when someone places 5 orders the same night for the same thing.

sapphiresbn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sapphiresbn

Anyone know what's in them? I can't find it on the company site. I'd like to know the ingredients before I commit my hair.

zomigi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zomigi

Once this is in your hair, does it stay gooey and come off easily when touched, or does it dry? I'm thinking about using the black gel in my 18-month-old's hair for Halloween, but he's definitely going to touch his hair at some point and lean his head on me, and I don't want black goo getting everywhere when that happens.

teevoo

sapphiresbn wrote:Anyone know what's in them? I can't find it on the company site. I'd like to know the ingredients before I commit my hair.

Under Specs:

Ingredients

Water, PVP, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine / Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glycerin, Sorbitan PVP, Cetyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance
May contain Yellow 5, Orange 4, Red 33, Blue 1, Red 40, Violet 2, or Brown 1 (no Mica or Titanium Dioxide)

katjim00

quality posts: 7 Private Messages katjim00
zomigi wrote:Once this is in your hair, does it stay gooey and come off easily when touched, or does it dry? I'm thinking about using the black gel in my 18-month-old's hair for Halloween, but he's definitely going to touch his hair at some point and lean his head on me, and I don't want black goo getting everywhere when that happens.

It dries and dries hard like you would expect gel to. My son made it through a school day with no color rub off on him or his clothes

sapphiresbn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sapphiresbn
teevoo wrote:Under Specs:

Ingredients

Water, PVP, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine / Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glycerin, Sorbitan PVP, Cetyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance
May contain Yellow 5, Orange 4, Red 33, Blue 1, Red 40, Violet 2, or Brown 1 (no Mica or Titanium Dioxide)

Thank you!

kenwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenwarf

If I can't put three different colors in the same order they can just stay there on your shelf. There is no way I am going to pay shipping 3 times for something like that.

teevoo

kenwarf wrote:If I can't put three different colors in the same order they can just stay there on your shelf. There is no way I am going to pay shipping 3 times for something like that.

Because of the $5 All You Can Ship, you only need to pay shipping once per calendar day (see upper right for more info).

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

bummer. decent colors sold out.

Use Hair Chalk instead- it's the rage now. Gypsy Stix has a kit w/ 32 blend-able colors.