4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

My son adores Word World... A PBS show. I imagine most people that will buy this already have seen the show, and know how fabulous it is. For those that don't, almost everything is shaped by the letters that make up the word. It helps 2 to 5 year olds with letter recognition, letter sounds, and word formation in a very attention keeping way. Very happy to see this here!

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

What are the two dvds that are missing from this set? Amazon sells all 16... for 3 x this price. Love word world. Wish netflix instant had it again.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

TechieChic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TechieChic

You get 56 episodes for $55 (including shipping). Not too bad since they're going for about $2/episode on Amazon! Plus you get the flashcards. This might have to go into our Christmas stash for our sons.

mollyvon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mollyvon
Fountain3586 wrote:What are the two dvds that are missing from this set? Amazon sells all 16... for 3 x this price. Love word world. Wish netflix instant had it again.

Looks like the missing 2 dvds are: Lots of Letters and Race to Mystery Island.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
mollyvon wrote:Looks like the missing 2 dvds are: Lots of Letters and Race to Mystery Island.

LOL there are more missing than that... a train escapade, to the rescue, and several others... but amazon doesn't even include those.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

mollyvon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mollyvon
Fountain3586 wrote:LOL there are more missing than that... a train escapade, to the rescue, and several others... but amazon doesn't even include those.

LOL, Of course there are many dvds not in this set, but my answer was directed to the question of which dvds were missing in this set as compared to the amazon set that contained 16 dvds.

casualjames

quality posts: 2 Private Messages casualjames

To echo previous comments, it's a fantastic show. It's got anthropomorphism, literacy building, and humor. Can't ask for much else. Not only do my kids love it, I really don't mind watching it, either.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1063 Private Messages whatsamattaU

previous woot a year ago, same $49.99
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4640947

I looked at the froogle and looks like cheapest for 1 still would be $3

berenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berenberg

We got this from Woot about a year ago. My kids love the show (they were 2.5 years old when we first got it). The DVDs include only about half the episodes from the series. For $10 more, you can get the entire series from iTunes. But the DVDs also include some songs (music videos) that iTunes might not include. Had the iTunes episodes been available when I bought the DVDs, I would have gone with iTunes instead. However, my kids never ask for the missing episodes (we also have the entire series on DVR), so it's not a big deal.

wanker256

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wanker256

We didn't pull the trigger on the last sale because it was on Netflix but when Big Red pulled it, we instantly regretted it. My kid loves Word World and it is one of the better shows that incorporates learning. Buying each episode on iTunes or the DVDs from Amazon costs a heck of a lot more than the woot bundle so we're one of the 12% who jumped on this as soon as we saw this again.

edit: just noticed I was also the first sucker!

tryzub

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tryzub

I'm seriously considering this set for my family. We don't have a DVR (only have local channels) nor do we have any Apple gear outside of my work laptop and phone so we'd be all huddled around a laptop with iTunes. So I did a quickie comparison:

* iTunes has 42 episodes between the 5 volumes they offer. They are only the episodes - no bonus materials.

* This set has 52 episode, flash cards and other bonuses.

crazedracer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crazedracer

Love, love, love this show. My child turned his head to watch this when he was 3 months old... He's been spelling and reading since he was 2. He's 4 now and could easily read a textbook and understand it... Word World is amazing. This is a great price, too!

cindyswilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cindyswilder

We picked this up off woot last year and never regretted it. The kids love it, and it's not even painful for adults to watch. Definitely good for the Christmas haul.