• 12.3% - Candy Corn 152
  • 16.3% - Orange & Black wrapped peanut butter candies 202
  • 2.7% - Gummy ANYTHING 33
  • 10.7% - Candy cigarettes 133
  • 27.5% - dental floss or toothbrushes 340
  • 23.6% - coupons 292
  • 2% - Other (specify in the comments) 25
1238 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

nukemknight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nukemknight

I was once given a choice of a pack of crackers or Pop-Tarts...

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

I was given, on more than one occasion, Chick Tracts.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

For my three year old that is allergic to corn, but is so looking forward to trick or treating... Almost all candy, because it's made with corn syrup. There's a few chocolate brands he can have, and that's about it as far as the usual bounty.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Oh those orange and black peanut butter things are the worst! How have they survived all these decades? I don't know anyone that likes them!

angelsm9

quality posts: 6 Private Messages angelsm9

Fruit! What The Heck, people??!! You don't give fruit out on candy night! I can't tell you how many years I got an apple or an orange. Once even a banana. Very strange. It was one of those moments where you grin and bear it, then, when you're far enough away, turn to mom and say, "Really?"

:D But fortunately my 4-year-old has yet to receive any fruit.

aizel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aizel

Ugh the strawberry candies in their strawberry wrappers.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Dog doo doo..

ilmatar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilmatar

Raisins and pencils. I've gotten both as a kid.

tippypaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws

Religious tracts.

emamousette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emamousette
tippypaws wrote:Religious tracts.

Yup.. Try explaining to a 5 year old what eternal damnation is and why the nice lady who gave them the tract thinks they are going to hell for celebrating halloween...

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

rasor blades. That is worse than any candy, chip, or cupon.

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

nanderhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanderhoff

pennies wrapped in plastic were the worst. Maybe in the good ole days when penny candy existed and we could go to Woolworths and get a phosphate together that was a good thing. Although, pencils and plastic combs are close runners up.

aveathena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aveathena
tippypaws wrote:Religious tracts.

YES. There was a lady in my neighborhood who would give out little comic pamphlets about how Halloween is the devil's holiday and all of us trick-or-treaters were minions of satan. But she gave out the pamphlet in a bag of decent candy, so I guess there's that. Didn't want us to go hungry while we frolicked in the devil's eye, y'know.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

Think the worst thing I've seen was a lady who left out a huge bucket of change. Some teenagers just came by, put the lid on it and rolled it off.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Candy corn. Lewis Black explains why, but I'm too busy to figure out how to post a link so Google it for a good laugh.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Handful of potato chips. My brother sat on the curb, picked though his bag & ate his, while I picked mine out & threw them on the ground.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Zagnuts. Mary Janes. And the taffy that was black, pink, and white. Whatever that was made your mouth numb.

And yes, those horrid peanut butter taffies in black and orange wrappers.

ericajahnke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericajahnke

10 pennies in a plastic bag from grandma, every year, without fail...ugh. After 10 years I had a whole dollar!

powerelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite

I was given a religious pamphlet when I was young that informed me that Jesus was my Lord and Saviour... I already knew this, I just wanted candy.

MJR

isianya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isianya
ericajahnke wrote:10 pennies in a plastic bag from grandma, every year, without fail...ugh. After 10 years I had a whole dollar!

I see someone beat me to it. Pennies are the worst. Followed by stickers, I'd say.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Yup, those peanut butter candies and Mary Janes are the worst! I would eat one of each every year just to check to see if I suddenly liked them - never did.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

A dead rodent.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
rprebel wrote:I was given, on more than one occasion, Chick Tracts.

As long as one gets different ones they are a good laugh, plus they have one for every religion about how they are going to hell, that you can give to door-to-door religious salesmen.

Still single, can't imagine why.

davidjansing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidjansing
rprebel wrote:I was given, on more than one occasion, Chick Tracts.

Never actually got Chick tracts in my bag, but I have heard of people who do that to people. I can't imagine something more useless to hand out on Halloween. That, and if you don't believe in Halloween, shut the door and turn off the porch light. Real simple, and you're not buzzkilling a bunch of little kids who were having quite a good time until they got to your house.

vinreaper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vinreaper

I hated when people would put pennies in my trick or treat bag! What did they expect me to do with them save them up over 100years to buy a chocolate bar?!

pitamuffin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pitamuffin

My kids have come home with business cards and refrigerator magnets from the realtor who lives on our block.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I selected coupons, because they mean you have to go spend something. I will make an exception for the Plants vs Zombie coupon this year though. My kids will be finding that in their bag. As for the candy, honestly we don't eat it. My oldest doesn't like candy at all and the others get like one or two pieces a week and are more than happy with that. We give it away so I don't really care what it is.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.