yolianderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yolianderson

Finally!! I'm always late to the party on these Dr. Seuss floor puzzles

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

What age group would like these best?

yolianderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yolianderson

I've been doing floor puzzles with my kids since they were 2 1/2 or so, but my kids REALLY love puzzles. Now they're 4, and they can put a 48 piece floor puzzle together pretty much by themselves. This is a great deal for 2 puzzles. The Melissa & Doug puzzles are about $14 each at my local teacher's supply store.

mabsab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mabsab

I was considering buying 3, but did a quick tootle search and read the reviews on Amazon. Several people said that multiple pieces in the puzzle are same shape. Not good! I'm not buying.

sammypedram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammypedram

I got these for my three year old daughter last time they were on kidswoot.

They are a decent deal, and nice and large but be warned - the pieces are all cut essentially the same so you can put almost any two pieces together whether or not they supposed to actually be together.

RLKAYE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RLKAYE
mabsab wrote:I was considering buying 3, but did a quick tootle search and read the reviews on Amazon. Several people said that multiple pieces in the puzzle are same shape. Not good! I'm not buying.

Hi, I am the sales rep who sold this item to WOOT. Not only do they stand behind the item, we do too. If you have a problem, I assure you it will be handled. AND I can tell you with 100% certainty the problem you read about was from the very first printing of these puzzles. The problem has been addressed and it is no longer an issue!

Thank you!

RLK

hhjohnsn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hhjohnsn
RLKAYE wrote:Hi, I am the sales rep who sold this item to WOOT. Not only do they stand behind the item, we do too. If you have a problem, I assure you it will be handled. AND I can tell you with 100% certainty the problem you read about was from the very first printing of these puzzles. The problem has been addressed and it is no longer an issue!

Thank you!

RLK

I am confused, then, because when I look at the photos of the puzzles, it DOES appear that many of the pieces are identical.

bkfly45

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkfly45
hhjohnsn wrote:I am confused, then, because when I look at the photos of the puzzles, it DOES appear that many of the pieces are identical.

Taking a chance and buying this assuming those are stock photos that never get updated, which would make sense those get overlooked, hope RLK is right.

mrsdelavega

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsdelavega

I've bought these before- and it's a steal- basically 2 puzzles for the price of 1! Ideal starting age is 3 years old- it's not meant to be a brain buster- def. for the younger crowd. LOVE these! LOVE Seuss!

hskrjer99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hskrjer99

My sister-in-law just bought one of these puzzles to have at her house when our boys come to visit. The pieces are all the same shape (or at least a male and female of each) as previous posters has mentioned. Also, the puzzle pieces are not very thick so younger kids may get frustrated that they don't stay together very well (even when we put it together on a hardwood floor). It didn't help that the pieces were a little warped right out of the box. My wife even had some trouble with all the pieces being the same shapes and not staying together well. One thing I found difficult was that the pieces have to be arranged very carefully in order for them to go back into the box. The box is just barely wide enough for two puzzle pieces and you have to put them in the right way or you will not get the box closed. The box seemed sturdy enough, but the kids will not be able to just pile the pieces into the box and be able to close it.

That being said, at this price (less than what she paid for just one--$15-$20 EACH on amazon) you're still getting a great deal. But probably for a little older crowd who isn't easily frustrated.

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

If I can spend $10 bucks on a 12 pack of crappy beer for myself, I can spend $10 bucks on a crappy puzzle for my kid.

I'm in for all four.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

Any chance of knowing what the BOX SIZE is? I would like to have a ballpark figure what postage will cost me to send these to the grand-kids.

thanks.

mabsab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mabsab

As an educator of young children with over 16 years of experience, I would not take this "deal" if it was FREE. Puzzle pieces that are the same shape totally defeats the purpose of what you are trying to teach the intended age group. It will only frustrate them and cause problems. Not to mention the problems with the box and being able to put it away independently. I would rather spend the money on books or drawing paper and crayons for that matter.

boomn4x4

RLKAYE wrote:Hi, I am the sales rep who sold this item to WOOT. Not only do they stand behind the item, we do too. If you have a problem, I assure you it will be handled. AND I can tell you with 100% certainty the problem you read about was from the very first printing of these puzzles. The problem has been addressed and it is no longer an issue!

Thank you!

RLK

Hi, I am the customer that bought your product which just showed up at my door today. I wish you would have told us that, while you fixed the issues, we were still buying first run puzzles. The pieces are most certainly cut the same. How do I go about "getting it handled"?

My 3 year old, whom is very good with puzzles, struggled to get it put together. He does good with lining up the colors, but he was getting really confused when a piece would fit, but the colors didn't match.

Considering it is a name brand puzzle, its still a great deal. But don't be duped into thinking that we are getting anything other than the first run of these puzzles.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

boomn4x4 wrote:Hi, I am the customer that bought your product which just showed up at my door today. You are a liar. The pieces are cut the same.

Thank you!

MAB

hi, i am the moderator who just sorta babysits people on the internet. if you feel like the puzzle is defective or broken or whatever the equivalent word is when you're talking about a puzzle, please email service@woot.com and they'll take care of you.

thank you!

HAM

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

boomn4x4

PemberDucky wrote:hi, i am the moderator who just sorta babysits people on the internet. if you feel like the puzzle is defective or broken or whatever the equivalent word is when you're talking about a puzzle, please email service@woot.com and they'll take care of you.

thank you!

HAM

Thank you for the reply, puzzle isn't defective or broken... There is nothing in the product description that isn't true. The only thing that isn't true is what the so-called sales rep who commented in this thread said about the pieces being re-engineered. The puzzle can literally be put together in almost any configuration. The pieces were not fixed as the person above.

No reason for anyone to have to go out of their way to "fix" anything. I simply replied so that this was documented in case this thread is ever referenced in any future woots.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

boomn4x4 wrote:Thank you for the reply, puzzle isn't defective or broken... There is nothing in the product description that isn't true. The only thing that isn't true is what the so-called sales rep who commented in this thread said about the pieces being re-engineered. The puzzle can literally be put together in almost any configuration. The pieces were not fixed as the person above.

No reason for anyone to have to go out of their way to "fix" anything. I simply replied so that this was documented in case this thread is ever referenced in any future woots.

okay, i see.
snark aside, we do appreciate the feedback and we'll pin it for the future. sorry it wasn't a home run this time.
:/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kricord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kricord

Did anyone else order two bundles (4 puzzles) but only get 3 puzzles?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kricord wrote:Did anyone else order two bundles (4 puzzles) but only get 3 puzzles?

Oh noes. If you are missing something, please contact service@woot.com so they can find your missing stuff!

I'm just hanging out, really.

audrabarnes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audrabarnes

I haven't even gotten the puzzles in the mail yet. The link that tracks them on USPS tells me that the tracking number they gave me is invalid.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

audrabarnes wrote:I haven't even gotten the puzzles in the mail yet. The link that tracks them on USPS tells me that the tracking number they gave me is invalid.

Sorry to hear about the frustration, if you email us here at service@woot.com, we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

mikegrahamjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikegrahamjr
kricord wrote:Did anyone else order two bundles (4 puzzles) but only get 3 puzzles?

I ordered one bundle as well, but only got 1 puzzle. did your 3 puzzles arrive separately? i only had 1 tracking number so am concerned now that there was only 1 puzzle in the box. i guess ill be firing away at the email address..

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict

I ordered both sets (4 puzzles) and only received 1 set (2 puzzles). I was about to email service@woot.com but when I went to my account to get my order number I saw that I have two tracking numbers, one for USPS, which arrived yesterday, and a second for UPS, which, when checked, says it is out for delivery today. Guess I'll wait and see before complaining, but seems an odd way to do shipping.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fleamarketadict wrote:I ordered both sets (4 puzzles) and only received 1 set (2 puzzles). I was about to email service@woot.com but when I went to my account to get my order number I saw that I have two tracking numbers, one for USPS, which arrived yesterday, and a second for UPS, which, when checked, says it is out for delivery today. Guess I'll wait and see before complaining, but seems an odd way to do shipping.

Well let us know what happens!

I'm just hanging out, really.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
inkycatz wrote:Well let us know what happens!

Second package did arrive today, but only contained one puzzle, so I'm still one short. Off to email service.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

fleamarketadict wrote:Second package did arrive today, but only contained one puzzle, so I'm still one short. Off to email service.

Yeah, let us know at service@woot.com