WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Which age is the perfect age to start trick-or-treating?
  • 52.6% - If the kid can wear a costume, they’re going. 419
  • 10.8% - 2 86
  • 15.7% - 3 125
  • 9.9% - 4 79
  • 6.5% - 5 52
  • 4.5% - Older than 5 36
797 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0

Never. It's a horrible tradition.

If parents want candy for their kids, just buy it for them. Why risk going to other people's houses begging for candy and then having to determine what you can and cannot eat?!?!

If it's just about the costumes, let them wear them and go to a costume party instead.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
cengland0 wrote:Never. It's a horrible tradition.

If parents want candy for their kids, just buy it for them. Why risk going to other people's houses begging for candy and then having to determine what you can and cannot eat?!?!

If it's just about the costumes, let them wear them and go to a costume party instead.

Gee. What happened to you to make you hate Halloween?

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

He would've gone at two months of age if he hadn't been sick. He's made every Halloween since.

Trick or treating can be a great way to remind yourself and your neighbors of each other.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ChronoSquall14 wrote:He would've gone at two months of age if he hadn't been sick. He's made every Halloween since.

Trick or treating can be a great way to remind yourself and your neighbors of each other.

agreed.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

My daughter was 10 months old on her first Halloween. We didn't go trick-or-treating, but she wore a costume and went out for the day in it. The next Halloween we actually went trick-or-treating, but just to families houses. The following year was all-out trick-or-treating.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

Until they can walk up to the door ALONE AND ring the bell all by themselves AND say "Trick or Treat" WITHOUT prompting all while their parent stands out at the street they are NOT old enough!!!!! Anytime before that it's just mom & dad being greedy about candy!! If your kid needs candy that badly then just go to the grocery store and buy some for them!!!!!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
ChronoSquall14 wrote:He would've gone at two months of age if he hadn't been sick. He's made every Halloween since.

I agree too. It is fun to just dress up your child (even if they are a baby), just go out & be friendly with the neighbors. My son was only a week old on his very first Halloween. We didn't go out. But the next year we did. I even met the couple down the street whom had moved in a couple of months before that way & we are still good friends (even though I moved away). Also, it's not about the candy.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
fuzzypeaches wrote:Gee. What happened to you to make you hate Halloween?

My guess is they discovered how expensive it can be from the other side of the door.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
ChronoSquall14 wrote:Trick or treating can be a great way to remind yourself and your neighbors of each other.

I agree with the sentiment, but at our house most of the trick-or-treaters are teenagers out by themselves or people who don't live in the neighborhood, but drive their kids all around town so they can hit dozens of houses instead of just the folks they know. We have a steady stream of visitors, starting right after school and continuing well past nine PM. Last year wasn't as bad due to the weather, but in warmer years we've had as many as 200 trick-or-treaters.