WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kids Toys Under $20

Seriously though. Why spend more than $20 when they're just going to break it within the first five minutes, or better yet, play with the box instead? When I was a kid, my only toys were a wooden spoon and a rolled up piece of Scotch tape covered in dog hair. Ahhh. Those were the good ol' days. Hours of quality entertainment.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Looks like a good grab bag assortment to stock up for that kid you forgot about while making lists... Anyone want to help clueless aunts and uncles pick and choose between these items?

I'm just hanging out, really.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

So the responsibility chart. How would it do for a roommate chore chart?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chellemonkey wrote:So the responsibility chart. How would it do for a roommate chore chart?

Depends. What kind of reward did you figure on?

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

Hmmm....title...under $20...

match n snap wooden puzzle cards $25

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jeeperwoot wrote:Hmmm....title...under $20...

match n snap wooden puzzle cards $25

Heh. I bet someone snuck that offer in there at the last minute. I'll let the Kids group know.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot
ThunderThighs wrote:Heh. I bet someone snuck that offer in there at the last minute. I'll let the Kids group know.

Those darn sneaky sneakers that are very super sneaky. Those puzzles are great. My kids loved em. Just make the puzzles fit the + & make them even better at 19.99!

trjrich

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trjrich

I purchase three of these dolls the last time they were offered for a Christmas toy drive. The look very nice and well worth the $15 I paid for them. I know three little girls will be very happy.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

What's the right age range for these dolls?

julieniederhoff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages julieniederhoff
mjc613 wrote:What's the right age range for these dolls?

My 7 year old has Gianna and likes her a lot. I think as young as 5 would work, but the dolls are very jointed and often the hands will be twisted backwards or the hips turned all the way backwards and that may annoy a child too young to effectively problem-solve how to re-arrange things.

If the joints get too loose and floppy, you can slide some rubberbands around and sort of jam them into the joint area which tightens it back up and isn't noticeable. We also put a very simple one-piece bathing suit/body suit on her doll which she wears under all clothing to keep her from twisting 180* at the waist.

Note that American Girl clothes won't fit these dolls at all although the accessories are ok (glasses, hats, etc). There are loads of people who sell pre-made home-made stuff on etsy, though, and a handful of outfits at online retailers.

pshipley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pshipley

the NERF Vortex Vigilon Disc Blaster are only $1 or two cheaper then elsewhere online. With Free shipping elsewhere it's not that great a deal (unless you already bought something else on woot today )

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pshipley wrote:the NERF Vortex Vigilon Disc Blaster are only $1 or two cheaper then elsewhere online. With Free shipping elsewhere it's not that great a deal (unless you already bought something else on woot today )

Links give you mo' street cred around these parts, just a handy tip.

I'm just hanging out, really.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

That record a story is a great holiday gift at ten bucks!

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack

Here is the link verifying the unimpressiveness of the Nerf gun price mentioned above.

Also, I'm not sure many kids would agree that the responsibility chart is a toy. I'm trying to imagine my 9yo unwrapping it on Christmas morning and saying, "woot woot, a new responsibility chart! Can I get started by cleaning this mess up?"

120days

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 120days

I bought 2 of these for xmas presents (1 of each BFC doll). They are big and look like the girls will enjoy them since they both are in the baby doll stage. They even come with a littel journal thingy, and some accessories. Very nice!