WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

When Dinosaurs Roamed The Woot

Ever wonder if the dinosaurs made a wish on the falling star that doomed them all? Maybe they wrapped their tails around the ones they loved as it streaked across the sky. Perhaps even the T. Rex looked upward and felt just a twinge of guilt for being kind of a jerk. Now you can pretend they did!
Schleich official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your favorite dinosaur?

I'm just hanging out, really.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
inkycatz wrote:What's your favorite dinosaur?

My favorite used to be a brontosaurus. Between that and Pluto my childhood loves have been torn to shreds, thanks for reminding me.

(If anyone cares to read about it's demise. http://www.unmuseum.org/dinobront.htm )

inkycatz

chellemonkey wrote:My favorite used to be a brontosaurus. Between that and Pluto my childhood loves have been torn to shreds, thanks for reminding me.

(If anyone cares to read about it's demise. http://www.unmuseum.org/dinobront.htm )

I completely understand about Pluto, and did not mean to wreck your Monday.

I like the Velociraptor.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

I have this shirt. More love for Pluto.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

Ahhhh!!! I want them all!

kopfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kopfam

Can we order more than one...other than the combo?

maldito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maldito
chellemonkey wrote:My favorite used to be a brontosaurus. Between that and Pluto my childhood loves have been torn to shreds, thanks for reminding me.

That was a very interesting article!
Thanks for sharing!

One question: Are these toys made of soft rubber or hard plastic?

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Some of them look okay, but most of them are pretty derpy. I give props for the inclusion of Quetzalcoatalus, but the Carnegie or Papo dinosaurs are far better.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui
inkycatz wrote:What's your favorite dinosaur?

I have a favorite from almost every family, lol, but I'd say my "general" favorite is Styracosaurus. Euplocephalus is probably my favorite ankylosaur, and Stygimoloch my favorite pachycephalosaur. Cryolophosaurus my favorite tyrannosaur, and Deinonychus my favorite dromeosaur. Kentrosaurus my favorite stegosaur, Parasaurolophus my favorite hadrosuar (though Olorotitan is pretty cool, too). I also like Oviraptor and most horned ceratopsians. Not a fan of the Struthiosaurs; they all pretty much look alike. Oh, and I like Carnotaurus and Oviraptor in the therapods, and Shunisaurus and Amargasuarus in the sauropods.

I like a lot of pterosaurs too, like Rhamphorhynchus, Tropeognathus, Gnathosaurus and Tapejara.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Why are some more expensive than others? Is it an "Inherent Dinosaur Value" sort of thing????

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

My daughters friend has one of the large T-Rex and several other larger dinos (not sure if same brand or not) but they LOVE them and it's almost all they play with when she is over there. Worth the money if you have a dino lover, even the small ones are usually this much.

Oh, and if I buy several of these will I get them all shipped in separate boxes? I ordered 5 pairs of the nylon shorts a while back and every pair came in a separate box. Seriously?

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

inkycatz wrote:
I completely understand about Pluto, and did not mean to wreck your Monday.

I like the Velociraptor.

Others would beg to differ over your choices for best dinosaur.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kopfam wrote:Can we order more than one...other than the combo?

You bet. The way our system works, you'll order one and go back to order the next. However, with $5 All You Can Ship, you'll only pay for shipping on the first order.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

heathere3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages heathere3
traquy wrote:My daughters friend has one of the large T-Rex and several other larger dinos (not sure if same brand or not) but they LOVE them and it's almost all they play with when she is over there. Worth the money if you have a dino lover, even the small ones are usually this much.

Oh, and if I buy several of these will I get them all shipped in separate boxes? I ordered 5 pairs of the nylon shorts a while back and every pair came in a separate box. Seriously?

If they ship them like last time, separate box each. I just opened up my boxes to make sure which ones I'd bought last time before ordering "missing" ones this time. GREAT price for these, and my dino-loving neice is going to FLIP over these

alkane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alkane
Harui wrote:Some of them look okay, but most of them are pretty derpy. I give props for the inclusion of Quetzalcoatalus, but the Carnegie or Papo dinosaurs are far better.

I was excited to see the dino woot but, if you want more accurate models Papo is the way to go. These are OK toys but if you or your kid are really into dinosaurs these may disappoint.
That said I may be in for one Giganotosaurus.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

Just wanted to let Schleich fans know they are offering a huge deal (more than half off) on the castle & knights here: http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/90fca4cf-9493-4f51-9c93-19a3542dea48/schleich-castle-set#0

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

asowen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asowen

Are these made out of rubber or plastic? Are they hollow or solid?
Thanks.
Alex

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

When I was in third grade,we studied Dinosaurs,and I was really interrested in them,soooooo now I can buy [ for myself ]the one dinosaur I always loved,the[Tyranosaurus Rex ]the KING!!!! in my book.Got the 14.00 dollar one,because in stands just over 8".It will stand on my dresser next to my Star Trek model,and my wife will think I am crazy!!!

agsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agsmith

I'm not sure how this works...when I add one to my cart, and then click the back button and add a different one, the first one is gone form the cart. Do I need to click the "Place Order" Button?

ThunderThighs wrote:You bet. The way our system works, you'll order one and go back to order the next. However, with $5 All You Can Ship, you'll only pay for shipping on the first order.

inkycatz

agsmith wrote:I'm not sure how this works...when I add one to my cart, and then click the back button and add a different one, the first one is gone form the cart. Do I need to click the "Place Order" Button?

You'll need to order one type of dino at a time, sorry. On the plus side, you can order multiples of the same dinosaur at the same time.

agsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agsmith

Got it. Thanks Inky

inkycatz wrote:You'll need to order one type of dino at a time, sorry. On the plus side, you can order multiples of the same dinosaur at the same time.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

asowen wrote:Are these made out of rubber or plastic? Are they hollow or solid?
Thanks.
Alex

hi alex - i checked out the schleich website (our buyer has gone home for the day and i wanted to find an answer for you). based on what they've said on that webpage, it sounds like the dinos are made of plastic.

i'm not sure about the hollowed/filled thing; i couldn't quite determine that from what was written. if i had to take a guess, i'd lean towards filled, but i could be mistaken.

i hope this helps; sorry we didn't come back with a response sooner.

ETA: quote from the site:

"The main materials we use are a variety of plastics and a special softener. We make sure that this is used in the same way all over the world so that small parts cannot break off our figures and the material is pleasant to the touch and not too hard."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

120days

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 120days
PemberDucky wrote:hi alex - i checked out the schleich website (our buyer has gone home for the day and i wanted to find an answer for you). based on what they've said on that webpage, it sounds like the dinos are made of plastic.

i'm not sure about the hollowed/filled thing; i couldn't quite determine that from what was written. if i had to take a guess, i'd lean towards filled, but i could be mistaken.

i hope this helps; sorry we didn't come back with a response sooner.

ETA: quote from the site:

"The main materials we use are a variety of plastics and a special softener. We make sure that this is used in the same way all over the world so that small parts cannot break off our figures and the material is pleasant to the touch and not too hard."

i ordered 2 of them (velociraptor and triceratops), and they seem like pretty solid heavy plastic.