4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

This is a GREAT deal (no pun intended)!!!!

This has ALL the classics!!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

My son had speech development issues and his speech therapist had us play games with him often. The two recommended were Guess Who and Go Fish because they taught him to ask questions.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184
lstaff wrote:This is a GREAT deal (no pun intended)!!!!

its not really great at all, in fact its downright terrible. all these are available at the dollar store (my local dollar tree I know for a fact).

marista99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marista99

You can get these for a dollar or less each at Target, Dollar Tree or wherever. This "deal" is for people who enjoy paying more than double what they have to.

bleatzor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bleatzor
marista99 wrote:You can get these for a dollar or less each at Target, Dollar Tree or wherever. This "deal" is for people who enjoy paying more than double what they have to.

Just wanted to second this. Picked up several of these sets at the local dollar store 2 weeks ago. Good products, but Woot seems a bit pricey on this one.

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia

This is a pretty horrible deal, you can pick up basic flashcards and kids card games for $1 or less a piece, often times they have multipacks. There are card games and flashcards that are nicer (I have a couple sets of self checking flash cards, for example, they have over 150 cards per pack) but these aren't those kind.

Target's dollar section and dollar stores seem to be the best places to find them.

bleatzor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bleatzor
ThunderThighs wrote:My son had speech development issues and his speech therapist had us play games with him often. The two recommended were Guess Who and Go Fish because they taught him to ask questions.

So out of curiosity, is brown nosing the easiest way to get quality posts?

If so I'll make sure to write a script to log in as soon as the product switches and automatically post what a great deal it is. I'll include a lot of exclamation points and smiley faces for emphasis on its awesomeness. Now that's quality!

But seriously, can we maybe get a new definition of quality that includes the dissemination of actual useful information rather than just blind fawning?

cbrbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cbrbabe

we got the ones at the dollar store and they went as fast as they came.

Are these more durable for a toddler ?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bleatzor wrote:So out of curiosity, is brown nosing the easiest way to get quality posts?

If so I'll make sure to write a script to log in as soon as the product switches and automatically post what a great deal it is. I'll include a lot of exclamation points and smiley faces for emphasis on its awesomeness. Now that's quality!

But seriously, can we maybe get a new definition of quality that includes the dissemination of actual useful information rather than just blind fawning?

Answer: What are Quality Posts and who decides what gets named a Quality Post?
Our crack community team does its best to pierce through the din and elevate the most interesting and informative comments about each deal. And their best is very, very good. Turn to the QPs listed in the first post of each discussion thread for the cream of the comments.

nwagner56

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nwagner56
labyrinthia wrote:...There are card games and flashcards that are nicer (I have a couple sets of self checking flash cards, for example, they have over 150 cards per pack) but these aren't those kind...

How certain of this are you? Do you have experience with this exact packaged set?

I'm not trying to hate, but I would be interested in paying $25 for a bundled set of quality cards similar to this, but I can't seem to find this brand to find reviews.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
bleatzor wrote:So out of curiosity, is brown nosing the easiest way to get quality posts?

It's not always consistent, but as you can tell above, not all "quality" posts are positive comments. The designation isn't always consistent, but is typically informative or funny. The fewer posts there are, the more likely the "standards" drop a bit, but I've seen woots where nobody gets such a post. The definition is below in my signature, too:
How-to: Quality Posts woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3036787

The sale price might not be a "bargain" (I didn't know that the bargain bins at those stores had these cards), but it's (as with other woots) a question of the cost of gas/time/price vs. buying them online (time/price/shipping). The only other thing that might help is if the picture or description could show exactly which company makes this.

streetcw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

You stole my post. Yes I got mine at the Target DOLLAR section. And I also got them at the dollar tree. .. What is going on with this these days. . Again woot, horribly orchestrated.

marista99 wrote:You can get these for a dollar or less each at Target, Dollar Tree or wherever. This "deal" is for people who enjoy paying more than double what they have to.

WOOT before Work

labyrinthia

nwagner56 wrote:How certain of this are you? Do you have experience with this exact packaged set?

I'm not trying to hate, but I would be interested in paying $25 for a bundled set of quality cards similar to this, but I can't seem to find this brand to find reviews.

These are just generic cards. They isn't anything unique about them from the pictures. Could they be more sturdy, or larger? Sure, with the stipulation that the dollar store often has nicer packs. But it isn't like they have unique illustrations or do something most cards do not (like the self checking cards, which allow a kid to easily do drill independently).

At least if you go to the dollar store you will know what quality you are getting.

labyrinthia

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
labyrinthia wrote:Here is the typical assortment you'll find at the dollar tree

http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/search.cmd?keyword=Card&categoryId=&keywordToSearch=Card&index=0&viewall=true

Thanks for the link.

The main advantage of going to the store is obviously checking it out yourself first. Some things I won't buy online, like shoes and things hard to return by mail/shipping--especially expensive things. That's why I've bought a lot from woot, but nothing's expensive, they're easy to return, and don't have to see in person to know if I want it. Again, knowing the brand name of the cards could have helped with this.