quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

The Lotion has mixed reviews on amazon
5star x 2
3star x 1
1star x 1

Here is the shampoo
5star x1
2star x1

Looks like if they work for your child they are great, unfortunately a couple people reported it might cause red marks/ tightening of the skin.

damselectric

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damselectric

I really love Aveeno baby products, but this deal does not seem like a deal at all!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Jojoba seed oil is usually safe for people with allergies to tree nuts or other "seed" allergies, such as sesame seed allergies.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

CoffeeOnIce

quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce

I actually use Aveeno Baby/J&J myself since it's the only thing that's gentle enough for very sensitive skin and doesn't strip hair of oils or color...alas, with the shipping, I'm better off just buying it at Duane Reade.

dannys00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannys00
CoffeeOnIce wrote:I actually use Aveeno Baby/J&J myself since it's the only thing that's gentle enough for very sensitive skin and doesn't strip hair of oils or color...alas, with the shipping, I'm better off just buying it at Duane Reade.

Note this is Organic Harvest - it's more expensive and harder to find than the original Aveeno Baby items. This one is USDA certified organic according to Amazon.

$21.50 for the same two items at Amazon. Only one available at DR / Walgreens.com and it's out of stock.

So if you're into organic, this deal saves you a few bucks. If you're into that sort of a thing...

elohssa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elohssa

I've used the shampoo, and probably would not buy it again. It has no smell (and I like the artificial baby fresh smell). The foam didn't really seem to do a good job of washing hair, although my little one had fun washing herself with it.

lucy226

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucy226

I think these have been on clearance at Target for less than this... It is only 5 oz of lotion and 8 oz of the shampoo.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

I love Aveeno products, they are the only thing that doesn't make me break out. The little ones in my life don't have skin issues right now, but if they did I would absolutely use this.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch

70% organic ingredients on the shampoo? No thanks.

Aveeno/J&J have had recent issues with unlisted toxins in their products. At least the soy claims to be non-GMO.

nekopurrpurr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekopurrpurr

i would stay away from j & j products including aveeno. Though not this particular one but their baby products can give your little once a false positive reading of THC. no lie. google it. : (

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/chemicals-common-shampoos-soaps-lead-false-thc-results/story?id=16612794

joniucf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joniucf

My girl is allergic to most baby shampoos/washes. We stopped using Aveeno and her eczema cleared up. We were using the regular Aveeno products and not "organic harvest." Now we use California Baby and she has zero eczema.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

nekopurrpurr wrote:i would stay away from j & j products including aveeno. Though not this particular one but their baby products can give your little once a false positive reading of THC. no lie. google it. : (

but i am lazy & need to verify. gotta link?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch
PemberDucky wrote:but i am lazy & need to verify. gotta link?

Overall toxin problems

That's another link. I can probably find more once kidlets are sleeping.

MSNBC on Aveeno

More on J&J and Aveeno