WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

In a Tin Box Far, Far Away...

Look, we all know there are Star Wars fans of all ages. You don't have to say you're buying a tin for your friend's or sibling's kids. What's to be embarassed about? So what if you're thirty-five, unmarried, and the only person you've ever kissed is an action figure? Hmm. Actually, maybe you should stick with lying.
Tin Box Co. official site

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tin for the win! Okay adults, time to 'fess up. Who wants this, too?

(No judgement, only awesome encouragement here.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

kittiesonacid


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kittiesonacid
inkycatz wrote:Tin for the win! Okay adults, time to 'fess up. Who wants this, too?

(No judgement, only awesome encouragement here.)



I may have bought the Empire tin for myself. My sources can neither confirm nor deny this fact.

wisenekt


quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Any pics that might show food items on the inside? Got to know what this can hold to make sure it is well suited for my newly discovered adult lifestyle.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

wisenekt wrote:Any pics that might show food items on the inside? Got to know what this can hold to make sure it is well suited for my newly discovered adult lifestyle.



i will ask around.

meanwhile, lemme know how that "adult lifestyle" thing works out. i've been thinking about investing in one.

ETA: I HAVE AN ANSWER.
buyer says there aren't pics available, but...
"they are junior sized.
They will fit a sandwich and chips and maybe 1 other snack but it will not fit a thermos of any kind.

They are more of a storage tin or collector tin but you can fit small lunch items."

so there you have it. an adult answer.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jmillier


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmillier
PemberDucky wrote:i will ask around.

meanwhile, lemme know how that "adult lifestyle" thing works out. i've been thinking about investing in one.

ETA: I HAVE AN ANSWER.
buyer says there aren't pics available, but...
"they are junior sized.
They will fit a sandwich and chips and maybe 1 other snack but it will not fit a thermos of any kind.

They are more of a storage tin or collector tin but you can fit small lunch items."

so there you have it. an adult answer.



I have the Boba Fett one and I use it to take my lunch to work (not fully invested in the adult lifestyle). If you get creative you can fit a decent amount in there but it IS difficult to fit a lunch plus a drink. Also, it definitely doesn't work for more tupperware-style containers.

If you're a sandwich, chips, apple and cookie(s) kind of guy then it'll probably work for you. If I had any food here, I would be happy to take a picture...

ChronoSquall14


quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

The one listed as a "Return of the Jedi Coin Bank" is not from Return of the Jedi. Living Obi-Wan, blue lightsaber, it's Star Wars.

I like that the Empire tin uses the great alternate artwork, with more green and more Lando. It's the best.

rrussell


quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell

Am I the only one who's miffed that Yoda has turned into a lightsaber-swinging bouncing angry hamster?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ChronoSquall14 wrote:The one listed as a "Return of the Jedi Coin Bank" is not from Return of the Jedi. Living Obi-Wan, blue lightsaber, it's Star Wars.

I like that the Empire tin uses the great alternate artwork, with more green and more Lando. It's the best.

Good catch. I'll let the buyer know in case we sell it again.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zollars23


quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23
rrussell wrote:Am I the only one who's miffed that Yoda has turned into a lightsaber-swinging bouncing angry hamster?



Yeah, I'm a little miffed, too. I always pictured him as more of a "Zen master" style Jedi. One who stands there while the bad guy comes after him, he doesn't move until the last possible second then does something completely effing awesome!

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

ChronoSquall14


quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
zollars23 wrote:Yeah, I'm a little miffed, too. I always pictured him as more of a "Zen master" style Jedi. One who stands there while the bad guy comes after him, he doesn't move until the last possible second then does something completely effing awesome!



Like the little guy in the yakuza!