Staff

Poll: The hardest thing about being a parent is:
  • 20.7% - Loss of freedom 138
  • 13.9% - Sleep deprivation 93
  • 42% - Trying not to screw it up 280
  • 20.5% - Other parents/kids 137
  • 2.8% - Something else (I’ll tell you in the comments) 19
667 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

zofer11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zofer11

FEAR???? living with what soulless money grubbing beasts that they become when they hit puberty.
Now only two options exist. You can wait till they come of age and go into hiding with your Woot monkey collection. Or have them leave, only to return broke in 10 years with a spouse and 3 children.
Alternate woot reality !!! (Woot stops selling unaffordable Dyson things, and sells usb time machines for$16.99)

Whoops I did it again : /

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

The loss of quiet. Never realized it until the kids went off to college. How sweet it is to be able to hear yourswelf think again.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

Loss of freedom is significant, but my research indicates that near total loss of spousal nookie time (don't make me spell it out) is the hardest thing about being a parent.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Being a single parent...because dad decided he'd bale out & marry his ex-high school sweetheart. Our son was 12 years old at the time & heard it from the kids at school. Oh, & it didn't help that his dad was a pastor at the time.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

fuzzypeaches wrote:Being a single parent...because dad decided he'd bale out & marry his ex-high school sweetheart. Our son was 12 years old at the time & heard it from the kids at school. Oh, & it didn't help that his dad was a pastor at the time.

that's...complicated.
:/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.