Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

awww he's sad... Unless you turn it upside down. then it's a happy cyclopse

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

shosterman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shosterman

Considering this for our 1 year old just to store his toys in. However it looks like the drawer wont hold much because of the low walls.

Can you add some photos of the drawer open and such?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shosterman wrote:Considering this for our 1 year old just to store his toys in. However it looks like the drawer wont hold much because of the low walls.

This is being drop shipped from the vendor so we didn't get a sample in to photograph. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
shosterman wrote:Considering this for our 1 year old just to store his toys in. However it looks like the drawer wont hold much because of the low walls.

All i could find is this so far. I'll keep looking.

(yeah that looks like that's going to be about it.)

ThunderThighs

Staff

I did ask earlier and found out that the drawer is on rollers and pulls out completely from the table. That makes for good access to the toys.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Casper42

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Casper42

I own one of these for my son's trains.
The Drawers look pretty much like they are, they hold taller/bulkier items in the middle well but not on the outside edges.
Hold a sec, going to get the tape measure...
Center(tallest) point on the drawer measures on the inside is 7.5" tall
Outside edge (shortest) point on the drawer is 3.5" tall

Aside from measurements (if you want more lemme know), I can say the table itself is decent but being its made of particle board (like everything these days) and not really that thick for this unit, you need to be extra careful to NOT try to move the main unit by dragging it. Especially not on carpet.

I had to have 2 pieces replaced by the MFG because they arrived either cracked or split. They were nice enough to deal with but it took over 2 weeks to get the replacement parts.

They don't show it in the pics, but the top should also be reversible. So you can open the drawer, reach under and pop up the 2 pieces that make up the top, and flip them over revealing a wood grain pattern that matches the rest of the unit. So this table can double as a coffee table in a pinch.

HTH,
Casper

Casper42

ThunderThighs wrote:I did ask earlier and found out that the drawer is on rollers and pulls out completely from the table. That makes for good access to the toys.

Correct, the drawer is not attached to the main unit at all, so you could roll it out from under and then pretty much move it anywhere you like.

Casper42

Forgot to mention the drawer is the entire width of the table.

So you can pull the drawer out from either side and its 1 big unit.

If you want a few more pics, Google Image search for Kifcraft Metropolis which is the set I got my son. Same table but comes with a train track set and trains and such and is a darker wood finish.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Casper42 wrote:They don't show it in the pics, but the top should also be reversible. So you can open the drawer, reach under and pop up the 2 pieces that make up the top, and flip them over revealing a wood grain pattern that matches the rest of the unit. So this table can double as a coffee table in a pinch.

HTH,
Casper

FYI: I was told this does not have a reversible top. (I asked yesterday.)

FORUM MODERATOR

streetcw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

Been looking for a train table for some time now. At least one with a drawer. We are making a light table and I figured that this would be the best option for your 1.5 yer' old.
But for this price is meh. Granted the drawer just "Sits" on the bottom to be pulled, if it is full of toys and whatnot, it will not be pulled by a 2 year old. keep that in mind.

WOOT before Work

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch
jeeperwoot wrote:@clangaiscioch Almost prophetic, even!

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5182927&pageindex=1&replycount=26#post5183925

And I didn't get the train set because we don't (yet) have a table!

rrrthomas

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rrrthomas

No train set included? Hasn't this same table been available on Woot before WITH the train set for the same price? I finally told myself that I will buy this if it is on Woot again and now after two Woot offs with no table I was so excited to see it this morning and now no train set Can get it through another vendor on Amazon for $161.00 with the set so that is probably a better deal. Bummed!

CinciTech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CinciTech
rrrthomas wrote:No train set included? Hasn't this same table been available on Woot before WITH the train set for the same price?

I kindof thought that myself. I bought the one with the trains included, and it's sitting in the closet waiting to be a Christmas gift for the kids. I don't know what the difference is between this table and the one Woot had previously; maybe this table is better quality to make up for not having reversible tiles and trains?

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

We bought a Hot Wheels-themed table similar to this at WallyWorld or Tarjhay (probably on clearance) about 10 yrs ago and it's been worth every penny of whatever we spent. It's soooo convenient to simply scoop up toys into the drawer after a play session to help keep the playroom *somewhat* presentable.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

This has to be one of the worst woots I have ever seen. If you want one of these, you can do much better by:
1. Looking on Craigslist
2. Going to Costco

You can get a train table AND the train with track for less than this.

subdewd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subdewd

Looks loke corperate america trying to brainwash our youngsters into thinking
That cars are trains. I dont even see tracks!
Much less trains. What am i missing?

MagicVines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MagicVines
subdewd wrote:Looks loke corperate america trying to brainwash our youngsters into thinking
That cars are trains. I dont even see tracks!
Much less trains. What am i missing?

Good question. You apparently add the track yourself: http://www.diapers.com/p/kidkraft-metropolis-train-table-and-set-36957?site=CA&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=KS-091&utm_campaign=Google&CAWELAID=1338688510&utm_content=pla&cagpspn=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

[MOD: No advertising pls]

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002
wootmeharder wrote:This has to be one of the worst woots I have ever seen. If you want one of these, you can do much better by:
1. Looking on Craigslist
2. Going to Costco

You can get a train table AND the train with track for less than this.

Complaining about this woot and asking people to go to Craigslist for a better deal is RIDICULOUS. Buying someone's old stuff off of Craigslist and buying a BRAND NEW item from woot are two different things. That's like telling someone not to fill a prescription at the pharmacy for $50 when they can get drugs on the street corner for $20. RIDICULOUS!!

I just keep buying more and more crap...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

wvutkep1002 wrote:Complaining about this woot and asking people to go to Craigslist for a better deal is RIDICULOUS. Buying someone's old stuff off of Craigslist and buying a BRAND NEW item from woot are two different things. That's like telling someone not to fill a prescription at the pharmacy for $50 when they can get drugs on the street corner for $20. RIDICULOUS!!

i enjoy this analogy.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.